Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: old-school servers

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen
    Post-TBC is not worse than pre-TBC, actually the game is better now. But the longer you play it the more you get bored and no future improvements will change that...
    pretty much. Thats why I love these huge content patches like 2.4. With the new stuff here, and unlocking the base, and raiding SWP, I'm pretty sure I have months of new content ahead of me before I start to get bored again

Quote Originally Posted by Nelladel
    2 things,

1: Precisely because each item was fought over by 40 people made it so special. Not like now, where you kick a rock and a thousand epics pop up.

2: Tyr's Hand >>>>> Any goddamn daily quests. (Not in terms of economic value, of course).
    Ah ... the time where a OEB was something special to have and having your T0.5 was almost more impressive then T1.
    And Tyr's Hand was the meeting zone for the sickess ganks. (dont worry, Queldanas is getting there).
    A time where, -every 2 months, a class was getting a revamp and becoming the FOTM.
    -most tier gears were looking awesome and made head turns no matter where you went.
    -getting good pvp gears meant passing more time in-game then the most hardcore raiders.
    -gold was freaking hard to farm if you were a tank or a healer.
    -getting to exalted with any faction was insanely long.
    -There was 1 raiding spec, 1 pvp spec and a 3rd tree that was useless or usefull for its first 20pts
    -druids were actually rare and everyone had a rogue alt somewhere.

Pre-BC had a lot of good sides and a lot of bad sides. But after thinking about it i wouldnt want to join a Pre-BC server even if they made some. The WoW community is a shadow of what it was during the first year of WoW and i wouldnt want to go throught forming an MC guild with the people playing WoW these days.

I know that there actaully is a classic-wow Guild on the rampage battlegroup somewhere. They only recruit you if your account hasn't been upgraded to BC. They hang out in 60 AV all the time and spam their recruitment there. At least that's how I remember their advertisment. Seemed kinda cool. You could probably get non-bc account for pretty cheap and go roll with them if you are really itching to do some old school raiding.