Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Pally getting 2k

    What combo 2v2/3v3/5v5 Would be the Easiest to get 2k with a holy pally.

  2. #2

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    Rerolling a druid.

    On a serious note, 5v5, since that is more balanced. In 2v2 and 3v3 you're to easily drained to be useful.

  3. #3

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    I helped a friend to get his Pallytwink the shoulders. We did it with "Heal Dr00d, Warrior and Heal Paladin"

    He had only s1 and no s3 items and it worked pretty well, we had only a few loses.

  4. #4

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    kk, thank for the replys. ;D

  5. #5

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    2on2: Get warrior or hunter
    3on3: Get priest/shaman/hunter/mage + warrior
    5on5: Lots of good setups, example priest+eleshaman+mage/wlock+warrior

  6. #6

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    kk, thank for the replies.

  7. #7

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    pally healers are just too easy in 2's and 3's. my priest drives them oom quickly, even with the resil change, and bubble, pfft, mass dispell...the place their most comfortable in is 5v5.

    5v5 i recommend: u, elem shammy, ms war, restor druid, rogue/mage/spriest (any of those 3)

  8. #8

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    Got ~2.2k 3v3 playing Ehn Shaman, Warrior, Pally and a similar 5v5 rating playing Resto druid, Disc priest+my 3v3.

    Dont play 2v2 but assuming both of you are skilled it may be possible to get 2k playing Warrior,pally. Wont be easy though

  9. #9

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    2v2: warlock/pally is still very easy vs most teams except druid/hunter druid/warrior.

    3v3: I don't know

    5v5: A drain setup/2345/2346 usually works.

    I got 2k in s3 in 2s with a warlock partner, the only team we would lose to was druid/warrior, every other team was a joke, then in 5s we ran druid/warlock/pally/warrior/ele shaman to 2120ish before myself and the warrior xferred.

  10. #10

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    After a lot of hassle i got my holy pala to 2k in 2v2.
    I tried it with some classes and the best of them all was warlock for me.
    A warrior can work, but since 90% of the setups u meet contain a rogue or druid, its hard.
    In my bg we face a lot of rogue priests aswell, and thats easymode for me and a lock.
    My advice is to go and find a 5v5, where holy palas are valuable, instead of in 2v2's where u get pooned by a warr/druid, rogue/druid with "just" gladiator gear.
    Damn i hate that long games. Not even talking about druid/ hunter yawn.

    Anyways, best of luck at this yourney to 2k

  11. #11

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    got 2k with a warrior in 2v2 (as holy paladin), also was close to 2k with resto shaman, holy paladin and warrior in 3v3 but then the shaman became a bit inactive, 5v5 are many combo's possible...

    Quote Originally Posted by Swops
    A warrior can work, but since 90% of the setups u meet contain a rogue or druid, its hard.
    In my bg we face a lot of rogue priests aswell, and thats easymode for me and a lock.
    My advice is to go and find a 5v5, where holy palas are valuable, instead of in 2v2's where u get pooned by a warr/druid, rogue/druid with "just" gladiator gear.
    druid + another mellee is not really hard as holy pala warrior, just keep judgement up on the druid and the warrior will kill him, when druid is 50% and shapeshifts, stun him and he will drop low or even die, or get forced to use instant heal
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

  12. #12

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosgaurdian
    pally healers are just too easy in 2's and 3's. my priest drives them oom quickly, even with the resil change, and bubble, pfft, mass dispell...the place their most comfortable in is 5v5.
    you do realize you are playing bad paladins then correct? divine protection cannot be dispelled (no, not even by mass dispel) but divine shield can. the difference being of course that its 8 seconds instead of 10, and you cannot attack or use physical abilities yourself, but for a holy paladin for straight healing it is useful against priests.

    i ran 2v2 with a holy paladin and against any priest/x team its funny to see 3-4 mass dispels go out and the priest run himself oom trying to remove it lol.

    pal/war or pal/hunter in 2v2 can work.
    pal/war/lock or pal/war/mage or pal/war/2nd healer in 3v3 can all work easily to 2k.

  13. #13

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    you do realize you are playing bad paladins then correct? divine protection cannot be dispelled (no, not even by mass dispel) but divine shield can.
    supposed this info is correct this is great input, i didn't know that. thx m8

  14. #14

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    divine protection cannot be dispelled (no, not even by mass dispel) but divine shield can. the difference being of course that its 8 seconds instead of 10, and you cannot attack or use physical abilities yourself, but for a holy paladin for straight healing it is useful against priests.
    from wowhead: This has been changed. After testing I can confirm Divine Protection CAN be Mass Dispelled.

    however i didnt notice it yet, didnt play enough games to priests and sometimes i just use divine shield and they always, always try to dispell my shield, and that killed them lots of time, cuz another 2sec waste and mana

    should test it out in a duel or something
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

  15. #15

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    Depends of your skill level tbh. I think the quite easy combo is holy pal, war and resto shammy. Played this combo easily over 2k. Also making a working 5vs5 is easy way or getting little boost in it. Really depends are you even good player.

  16. #16

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    I'm a ret paladin with 2000 / 2100 in 3v3.
    The best combo : Ret paladin, Warrior, Chaman heal.

    Armory : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ona&n=Bowzhool
    Sorry if my spec change i am a healadin in PvE

    ps: I'm french sorry for my poor english

  17. #17

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikzu
    Depends of your skill level tbh. I think the quite easy combo is holy pal, war and resto shammy.
    ye, its kinda easy, i had 1930 with only 4 loses, then our shaman went inactive so got forced to get the shoulders with 2v2 :P
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

  18. #18

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowad
    from wowhead: This has been changed. After testing I can confirm Divine Protection CAN be Mass Dispelled.

    however i didnt notice it yet, didnt play enough games to priests and sometimes i just use divine shield and they always, always try to dispell my shield, and that killed them lots of time, cuz another 2sec waste and mana

    should test it out in a duel or something
    i read that on wowhead, and as of last week when i did games in 2.4.0 it did NOT remove dp. unless this was changed in 2.4.1 as a bug fix or something dp was still not removed when i did games with a pally in 2.4.

    i'll have to test it again when my pally friend is online.

  19. #19

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    i havent noticed it either and will also test it out :P
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

  20. #20

    Re: Pally getting 2k

    k, i did test it and it got dispelled

    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •