1. #1

    Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Hey what you think is best for a rogue?

    Mongoose/Mongoose, or

    Mongoose/Executioner?

  2. #2

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    shadowstep

  3. #3

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    (sry for bad english)

    I think it depends on your target.

    The -840 armor will be more effective if you are attacking a target with cloth as armor ( losing about 10 % of his armor absorbtion).
    On a heavy armored target, it will decrease only 2-3 % of his absorbtion...
    It's not linear...

  4. #4

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox
    Mongoose/Executioner
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

  5. #5

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Mongoose/Executioner

    Your main hand procs a lot more than your off hand I *think*

    And having two mongooses only increases your chance of getting the proc
    so having executioner on the off hand is a big bonus, think if they both proc

  6. #6

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicCelery
    Mongoose/Executioner

    Your main hand procs a lot more than your off hand I *think*

    And having two mongooses only increases your chance of getting the proc
    so having executioner on the off hand is a big bonus, think if they both proc
    You know that you can have 2 mongooses up at same time right?

    Anyway, as long as Neilyo has dual mongooses, so will I!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...drius&n=Neilyo

  7. #7

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    To answer you correctly.
    Enchanting executioner is based upon your spec.
    If you have a full shadow step build with +15% agi (deadliness and sinister calling(138agi + 16ap)), get dual mongoose.
    Without those talents the mainhand enchant can be Mongoose or Executioner and the offhand can be Mongoose or Adamantite Weapon Chain.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Pyrophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    364

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Actually it is quite simple ...

    Armor penetration is a statistick that is % buff to base dmg When mongoose is a bugg that gives you extra base and bonus dmg

    lets say uour dmg is 1000 dps and with an executioner like stated above you deal 5% to 10 % more meaning 1050 1100 dps

    However if you have 1500 dps executioner will give make you deal 1575 or 1650 dps

    SO executioner gives 5 ~ 10% dps (or 50~100 up to 75 ~150 extra dps)

    However a Mongoose gives you a static Agility binus giving you AP+ Crit lets say equap to 50 dps

    At your curent 1000 dps that will be a 5% bonus but when you have 1500 dps that will be again 50 dps but now that will become 3.25%


    the Conclusion is the better gear you have the better executioner becomes and untill you evolve up to a point where you manage to calculate what your dps is and what % boost will Executioner Give you over Mongoose i stay stick to Mongoose


    Neilyo is 20/0/41 with maces ? i don't understand lol

  9. #9

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia
    Neilyo is 20/0/41 with maces ? i don't understand lol
    Why not ??

  10. #10

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia
    Actually it is quite simple ...

    Armor penetration is a statistick that is % buff to base dmg When mongoose is a bugg that gives you extra base and bonus dmg

    lets say uour dmg is 1000 dps and with an executioner like stated above you deal 5% to 10 % more meaning 1050 1100 dps

    However if you have 1500 dps executioner will give make you deal 1575 or 1650 dps

    SO executioner gives 5 ~ 10% dps (or 50~100 up to 75 ~150 extra dps)

    However a Mongoose gives you a static Agility binus giving you AP+ Crit lets say equap to 50 dps

    At your curent 1000 dps that will be a 5% bonus but when you have 1500 dps that will be again 50 dps but now that will become 3.25%


    the Conclusion is the better gear you have the better executioner becomes and untill you evolve up to a point where you manage to calculate what your dps is and what % boost will Executioner Give you over Mongoose i stay stick to Mongoose


    Neilyo is 20/0/41 with maces ? i don't understand lol


    Basically what he said.

    Mongoose/Mongoose all through kara gruul ssc/tk.

    Go Mogoose/Executioner when your in MH/BT +
    "Cloak of Shadows should last for 6 months, withdraw all the money out of our attackers bank account and make their mother pregnant with a ginger child. Then it'll be overpowered"

  11. #11

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Quote Originally Posted by pOtskii


    Basically what he said.

    Mongoose/Mongoose all through kara gruul ssc/tk.

    Go Mogoose/Executioner when your in MH/BT +
    what he said

  12. #12

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    purely for PVP I would suggest executioner+mongoose - you cant get a huge amount of armour ignore even if you have both s3 weapons(and serated blades talented ofc) and even clothies in pvp gear are gonna have 2k+ armour(my lock has like 2200~ [with 447 resi]).

    only saying this because alot of people are talking about raid progression - for arenas/BG's pvp gear gives very high armour values, they will be even higher with season 4 gear - bear in mind my paladin had 17443 armour for around 62% reduction in mixed s2/s3 healing gear(I recently respecced prot so in the same pvp gear my armour and hp would be higher than when 41/20/0).


  13. #13

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Executioner does not stack but it gives a 10 second buff and if duel wielding executioner has rougly a 70-75% uptime on the buff as everytime it procs it resets the buff to 10 seconds

  14. #14

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    I thought people put executioner on 2h's and mongoose on 1h's.

  15. #15

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    The only thing you don't want to do is get double executioner, because the debuffs don't stack.

    With my rogue (who is shadowstep) I went with double mongoose, I like when they both proc.

  16. #16

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Double mongoose is pretty much always better. In order to make executioner better you need to wear inferior gear, so the slight DPS upgrade you get over mongoose is lost thanks to the fact that you had to wear inferior gear for it. And even then it completely depends on the armor value of the boss you are fighting.

    And no, in T6 gear executioner is not better.

    Executioner also gets completely wasted sometimes (example, RoS p1 where boss already has 0 armor by default), where mongoose is always useful and can help when you offtank some mobs (necro's in hyjal etc).

    Long story short, executioner blows for rogues, it's a warrior/shaman enchant.

    purely for PVP I would suggest executioner+mongoose - you cant get a huge amount of armour ignore even if you have both s3 weapons(and serated blades talented ofc) and even clothies in pvp gear are gonna have 2k+ armour(my lock has like 2200~ (with 447 resi]).
    That's where (improved) expose armor comes in. S3 gear and badge cloak adds up to over 1k passive armor penetration with serrated blades. Add in 2 or 3k more armor reduction (depending on your talents) and you have more than enough, let alone when you play with a druid in your team and he adds faerie fire on top of it. As a matter of fact, executioner is weaker because of this since on low armor targets it's gonna get wasted. Executioner also doesn't give dodge and armor to help against other melees.

    A lot of rogues who use executioner just based it on gut feelings or were misguided by a bug in a gear spreadsheet that has been fixed now.

  17. #17

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia
    Actually it is quite simple ...

    Armor penetration is a statistick that is % buff to base dmg When mongoose is a bugg that gives you extra base and bonus dmg

    lets say uour dmg is 1000 dps and with an executioner like stated above you deal 5% to 10 % more meaning 1050 1100 dps

    However if you have 1500 dps executioner will give make you deal 1575 or 1650 dps

    SO executioner gives 5 ~ 10% dps (or 50~100 up to 75 ~150 extra dps)

    However a Mongoose gives you a static Agility binus giving you AP+ Crit lets say equap to 50 dps

    At your curent 1000 dps that will be a 5% bonus but when you have 1500 dps that will be again 50 dps but now that will become 3.25%


    the Conclusion is the better gear you have the better executioner becomes and untill you evolve up to a point where you manage to calculate what your dps is and what % boost will Executioner Give you over Mongoose i stay stick to Mongoose


    Neilyo is 20/0/41 with maces ? i don't understand lol
    You fail at theorycraft, mongoose also grants haste and crit, both of which directly scale.

    Executioner is OK for pve if you are already stacking armour penetration.

    If you pvp you are almost certainly shadowstep, and therefore will have sinister calling and deadliness, making mongoose better still.

  18. #18

    Re: Mongoose vs. Executioner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane

    Long story short, executioner blows for rogues, it's a warrior/shaman enchant.
    You're wrong. Enhancement Shamans should always go for Dual Mongoose. The basic fact is, going Executioner + Mongoose will only outdps Dual Mongoose, if you have like 800 Armor Penetration from gear. You need to get at least 1500 Armor Penetration fully buffed before it outdps's Dual Mongoose + haste gear. Basicly, Dual Mongoose all the way till you are decked in BT gear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •