Thread: Arena in WotLK?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arena in WotLK?

Has anyone heard anything on this topic?

Will we still be able to do arena at 70? Or is 80 required? If 80 is required... our current gears will be obsolete? If this is the case... will it be viable to start saving up arena points when the time is near, then carry it over to level 80?

Re: Arena in WotLK?

I would assume that there will be a 80 only bracket and a period of time with no new season like at the release of TBC to have a gear reset and give everyone a bit of time to level.

Gear resets aren't just a pve thing.

I'd also wager that at first, hanging on to a few pcs of your best pvp gear from 70 may be viable and valuable as you gear up, but we'll have to see the new gear from the expansion to know for sure.

I would guess that nothing is set in stone yet, you know what Blizzard is like.

I would think though that rated games would get closed for anything but lvl80.

Arena points get reset, makes sense to me that, if greens are going to replace epics in WotlK then would be silly to suddenly end up in a load of end game epics the moment you ding 80....the hardcore raiding guilds would have a hissy fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallynab
    Arena points get reset, makes sense to me that, if greens are going to replace epics in WotlK then would be silly to suddenly end up in a load of end game epics the moment you ding 80....the hardcore raiding guilds would have a hissy fit.
    Not going to happen greens won't replace epics and chances are half the t6 gear will be more than viable for first 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nvaheal
    Not going to happen greens won't replace epics and chances are half the t6 gear will be more than viable for first 25 man.
    Exactly. Personally doubt T6 will be replaced quickly. Look at the T3 from preBC. That gear was definitely usable into the 25 man content. Wasn't there even a guild that downed Illidan in like 3 months of picking up TBC and alot of their members had full T3? I'm almost positive they did. T6 and S3/S4 gear will still be viable in WotLK imo.

Did they reset honor when TBC came out? I didn't think they did but I can't remember..

Quote Originally Posted by lgtcount
    Did they reset honor when TBC came out? I didn't think they did but I can't remember..
    The honor wasnt reset, but pvp wasnt such a big deal back then.
    If they dont reset the arena points in WotLK theres no way i'll buy it. Saving enough honor and arena pts to start with 3/5 armor, and all the upgrades that comes from honor, 2hours after the server comes back live was always wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    The honor wasnt reset, but pvp wasnt such a big deal back then.
    If they dont reset the arena points in WotLK theres no way i'll buy it. Saving enough honor and arena pts to start with 3/5 armor, and all the upgrades that comes from honor, 2hours after the server comes back live was always wrong.

Yeah but at the same time I don't think blizz wants to screw over players that went through maxing out their honor and arena points only to have it all destroyed.

Doesn't matter too much to me, my thinking is just that blizz won't want to do that so they won't do a reset. Be interesting to see what they do..

Quote Originally Posted by Nvaheal
    I know that Blizzard have said that the changes won't be as extreme but if we look at the vanilla wow to TBC changes we can get some idea.

T1 was complete crap, easily replaced with greens. T2 was good until about level 67, T3 was actually ok until Kara, but you could still replace T3 with your heroic dungeon set and feel happy.

If wotlk follows the same path, T6 will not be viable for 25 man instances unless they skip 10 man instances altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Exzelion
    Look at the T3 from preBC. That gear was definitely usable into the 25 man content. Wasn't there even a guild that downed Illidan in like 3 months of picking up TBC and alot of their members had full T3? I'm almost positive they did. T6 and S3/S4 gear will still be viable in WotLK imo.
    This may be wandering way off topic but saying illidan was downed with full tier 3 sounds like a vast exageration, a lot of the tier 6 content contains stamina checks so anybody in full tier 3(or probebly even having more than 1 or 2 pieces) would be useless and die

Deleted

s4 gear will be very viable in lvl80 arena at start, at least for casters since they scale like crap with gear anyway

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ogloc
    This may be wandering way off topic but saying illidan was downed with full tier 3 sounds like a vast exageration, a lot of the tier 6 content contains stamina checks so anybody in full tier 3(or probebly even having more than 1 or 2 pieces) would be useless and die

China didn't get WoW:TBC until September, until then they had been farming Naxxramas like crazy. When TBC was released they downed Illidan within 52 days. Therefore most of them had no more then 1, 2 maybe 3 pieces of T4 or better loot. The rest where still running around in the Naxxramas T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic

China didn't get WoW:TBC until September, until then they had been farming Naxxramas like crazy. When TBC was released they downed Illidan within 52 days. Therefore most of them had no more then 1, 2 maybe 3 pieces of T4 or better loot. The rest where still running around in the Naxxramas T3.
    he speaks true, there was a SS on this website when it happened
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic
    he speaks true, there was a SS on this website when it happened
    And other people spoke true when they said they dressed in that gear specifically for the screenshot.

52 days can be quite a lot of raiding if you are being 100% hardcore no life about the whole thing to be honest, even raiding pretty casually for 52 days you would have better gear than 1-3 pieces of t4+ tbh.

15+ Year Old Account

52 days can be quite a lot of raiding if you are being 100% hardcore no life about the whole thing to be honest, even raiding pretty casually for 52 days you would have better gear than 1-3 pieces of t4+ tbh.
    How would they? 52 days is 7 and a half weeks of raiding. To gear 25 people. The mathematics have been worked out that no-one could have gotten more then 5 pieces of loot if it was done evenly, I would imagine tanks got 99% of loot.

Deleted

How would they? 52 days is 7 and a half weeks of raiding. To gear 25 people. The mathematics have been worked out that no-one could have gotten more then 5 pieces of loot if it was done evenly, I would imagine tanks got 99% of loot.
    If I were hardcore enough I'd run multiple raids half mains/half alts each week.

That way you could gear people up twice as fast. One raid would gear up tanks, the other healers for example. And you could alter the composition of the raids each week to improve the distribution if needed.

I don't know what other guilds are like but even in my 'casual' guild most people have raid level alts to ensure that we always have the right composition each week.

The mathematics have also been worked out that somebody in full tier 3 cant raid past gruul, its just a fact.

raiding isnt rocket science... when the TBC was launched in china they were playing for 16 hours as day. its not hard to lvl to 70 and its not hard to farm kara for tier 4... and their is a possibility that they could have put their tier 3 on after they downed illidan... their tanks had to have been given the most loot for sure but most of their 25 players most likely got geared well along the way which isnt hard. if you have players that know what their doing in a raid then its not hard at all.

The mathematics have also been worked out that somebody in full tier 3 cant raid past gruul, its just a fact.
    Show me the math, because that statement is absolutely false