Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    203

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Heh, the americans must be frustrated that the EU, even though we started a day late managed to get another World first
    Not really. If it takes 12+ hours of sitting at your computer and starting at 2 in the afternoon to start raiding, I am glad the first kill didn't go to an American guild.

    Plus, aren't SK gaming and nihilum, you know, sponsored. Sort of gives you incentive to be paid to play a game.

  2. #42

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Heh, the americans must be frustrated that the EU, even though we started a day late managed to get another World first
    No, not really. This game's really old to most of us, almost as old as Europe, that place that nobody in America really cares about. Makes sense that people who haven't been playing since release are willing to play 12 hours to say they're the first.

    Anyway, the only annoying thing are posts like that. Ever think the only reason some of the US servers didn't get first kill there is because maybe 3-4 healers couldn't make it? Wow, there's a concept, real life could have interfered with their 'world first'. Heaven forbid since in the US we can't use unlimited sick days and aren't given much vacation time that we put our lives first.

    'World Firsts' don't mean anybody's better, just that some people have more time available to them...dumbass.


  3. #43

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdj26
    No, not really. This game's really old to most of us, almost as old as Europe, that place that nobody in America really cares about. Makes sense that people who haven't been playing since release are willing to play 12 hours to say they're the first.

    Anyway, the only annoying thing are posts like that. Ever think the only reason some of the US servers didn't get first kill there is because maybe 3-4 healers couldn't make it? Wow, there's a concept, real life could have interfered with their 'world first'. Heaven forbid since in the US we can't use unlimited sick days and aren't given much vacation time that we put our lives first.

    'World Firsts' don't mean anybody's better, just that some people have more time available to them...dumbass.

    Well you probably don't care because you're likely some pvp tard in S1. But the PvE guilds probably do. Did all the big American guilds have 3 or 4 healers unable to show up? Has anyone got a better explanation of why the US didn't get the world first, I am genuinely curious?

  4. #44

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdj26
    No, not really. This game's really old to most of us, almost as old as Europe, that place that nobody in America really cares about. Makes sense that people who haven't been playing since release are willing to play 12 hours to say they're the first.

    Anyway, the only annoying thing are posts like that. Ever think the only reason some of the US servers didn't get first kill there is because maybe 3-4 healers couldn't make it? Wow, there's a concept, real life could have interfered with their 'world first'. Heaven forbid since in the US we can't use unlimited sick days and aren't given much vacation time that we put our lives first.

    'World Firsts' don't mean anybody's better, just that some people have more time available to them...dumbass.

    QQ moar, Eu wins. :]

  5. #45

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Still cant understand not one rogue ;(
    anyone need one ?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  6. #46
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    203

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by Windywoo
    Well you probably don't care because you're likely some pvp tard in S1. But the PvE guilds probably do. Did all the big American guilds have 3 or 4 healers unable to show up? Has anyone got a better explanation of why the US didn't get the world first, I am genuinely curious?
    Sponsored guilds have more incentive to be online raiding for 12 hours than non-sponsored?

    I'm sorry but if you can pull a 25 man together at 2 in the afternoon, then you have a lot of out of work/school people in your guild. I consider my guild (9/9, 1/6) to be semi-hardcore, but there is no way you could even get a 10 man going at 2 in the afternoon. Heck, sometimes 5 mans are hard to put together.

    Grats to the EU guilds and all that, but I don't think having European guilds down bosses first means they are better gamers at all, they can simply devote more time.

  7. #47

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    Sponsored guilds have more incentive to be online raiding for 12 hours than non-sponsored?

    I'm sorry but if you can pull a 25 man together at 2 in the afternoon, then you have a lot of out of work/school people in your guild. I consider my guild (9/9, 1/6) to be semi-hardcore, but there is no way you could even get a 10 man going at 2 in the afternoon. Heck, sometimes 5 mans are hard to put together.

    Grats to the EU guilds and all that, but I don't think having European guilds down bosses first means they are better gamers at all, they can simply devote more time.
    Read Nihilums thread. :]

  8. #48

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    Sponsored guilds have more incentive to be online raiding for 12 hours than non-sponsored?

    I'm sorry but if you can pull a 25 man together at 2 in the afternoon, then you have a lot of out of work/school people in your guild. I consider my guild (9/9, 1/6) to be semi-hardcore, but there is no way you could even get a 10 man going at 2 in the afternoon. Heck, sometimes 5 mans are hard to put together.

    Grats to the EU guilds and all that, but I don't think having European guilds down bosses first means they are better gamers at all, they can simply devote more time.
    you just talk bs...

    the fact that US had 12 hours more time isnt worth to mention??

  9. #49

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by Hasulito
    you just talk bs...

    the fact that US had 12 hours more time isnt worth to mention??
    3/10 of the top guilds in the game are EU, the rest are US. I'm sorry that the EU only has two guilds worth mentioning ever and they're sponsored. Wow, and how about all those poor people who are on low pop servers waiting for their gates to open? No world firsts for them...ever.

    World firsts have 0 merit. That's like being the first one to sleep with a girl, a lot of effort for bragging rights. Of course sex is something anybody who's playing 12 hours straight to down a boss has no idea about.

  10. #50

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdj26
    3/10 of the top guilds in the game are EU, the rest are US. I'm sorry that the EU only has two guilds worth mentioning ever and they're sponsored. Wow, and how about all those poor people who are on low pop servers waiting for their gates to open? No world firsts for them...ever.

    World firsts have 0 merit. That's like being the first one to sleep with a girl, a lot of effort for bragging rights. Of course sex is something anybody who's playing 12 hours straight to down a boss has no idea about.
    Every server's gates open at the same time. Regardless of population.

    All the US Guilds attempting spent many more hours on the twins than Nihilum did.

    All the top guilds in the world spend about the same amount of time raiding.

  11. #51

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Nihilum > US Guilds.

    Stop crying.

    And u got PTR and 1 day advantage.

    Just say gratz and learn to suckz.

  12. #52

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Nihilum was , is and will ever be the best guild of the world!!! And they are EU and Horde ftwD

  13. #53

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdj26
    3/10 of the top guilds in the game are EU, the rest are US. I'm sorry that the EU only has two guilds worth mentioning ever and they're sponsored. Wow, and how about all those poor people who are on low pop servers waiting for their gates to open? No world firsts for them...ever.

    World firsts have 0 merit. That's like being the first one to sleep with a girl, a lot of effort for bragging rights. Of course sex is something anybody who's playing 12 hours straight to down a boss has no idea about.
    HAHAHAHAHAH... 7 in the US... LOL... Take a look at the latest ranking

    1 Nihilum Horde Magtheridon EU
    2 SK Gaming Horde Vek'nilash EU
    3 For the Horde Horde Destromath EU
    4 Affenjungs INC Horde Frostwolf EU
    5 Bad Omen Horde Dentarg EU
    6 Method Alliance Sylvanas EU
    7 Death and Taxes Alliance Korgath US
    8 Aurora Horde Mal'Ganis US
    9 Forte Alliance Kazzak EU
    10 The Legacy Horde Mazrigos EU

    I see 2 in 10 on the US...


    And all that bs about being sponsored is... bs... Teams get sponsors because they are good, because they deliver, because the win, because they are the best... Not the other way around...

    If you think teams win because they have sponsors, then you need a bit of REALITY!

    And by they... no-lifers calling other no-lifers, no-lifers is a joke!

  14. #54
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    203

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    And all that bs about being sponsored is... bs... Teams get sponsors because they are good, because they deliver, because the win, because they are the best... Not the other way around...
    I disagree. Being sponsored means you have motivation to sit around from 2pm till midnight playing a game. I'm sorry but there is no way I would ever willingly do that, unless I was being paid money. I believe most people in my guild feel the same way.

    I honestly don't understand this EU/US rivalry. It's over bosses in a video game and while skill plays a part, it has more to do with motivation and time dedication. So yes the EU does sport the guilds who want to see the bosses down first, but maybe they are just more willing to sit at their computers all day.

  15. #55

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    I disagree. Being sponsored means you have motivation to sit around from 2pm till midnight playing a game. I'm sorry but there is no way I would ever willingly do that, unless I was being paid money. I believe most people in my guild feel the same way.
    What are you? 10 years old? Or you just think like a kid...
    Why don't your guild tries to get some sponsorship... As if sponsorship was easy to obtain...
    Winners get sponsors, losers don't...
    Nihilum was the best way before getting sponsored... That's why they got the sponsor... Is it hard to understand?

    Doesn't matter how much you played or not... What matters is who wins and who looses...

    And whoever believes that these guilds get payed for playing are idiots... As stated by the sponsors before, they give keyboards and mouses to some of the players, support their site, forums and other Public relations activities...
    Would this make you quit your job and play everyday? Not me for sure...


    Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    I honestly don't understand this EU/US rivalry. It's over bosses in a video game and while skill plays a part, it has more to do with motivation and time dedication. So yes the EU does sport the guilds who want to see the bosses down first, but maybe they are just more willing to sit at their computers all day.
    LOL at your comment... rivalry is what moves the "game"... be it either in basketball, soccer, baseball, or a stupid video game, whatever... When you see a sport/game, you are pushing for your team to win against the other... The competition in WoW PVE is split between EU and USA... These are the only groups who compete for world firsts... From there you get the rivality...

    Doesn't matter how good you are if there is nobody good enough to compete with...
    Competition is what makes people run faster, jump higher, score more goals, play better...

    Using excuses as their ball is better, they have more time to practice, their coach is like that, it doesn't rain on their country is just excuses... And only losers care about excuses...




    EDIT: and by the way, you guys are saying that Nihilum played more hours than US guilds... Which is probably a lie. US servers opened a day before and I've been following US servers waiting a World kill and I saw some posts of Guild who were trying to down them pretty intensive... Saying that they had more time just because they are sponsored is bull... They started a day after and they won the race...

    but lets look at kills and dates

    Guild Date
    1 - Nihilum 10th Apr 08
    2 - SK Gaming 10th Apr 08
    3 - Method 12th Apr 08
    4 - Premonition 12th Apr 08
    5 - Inner Sanctum 12th Apr 08


    So If I remember correctly, US gate opened at the 8th, EU gate at 9th... Nihil and sk kill at 10th and Premo at 12th...

    So Nihil killed the boss 1 day after the gate opened and Premo 4 days after the gate opened... Explain me again how Nihil played more than the others and how they are better BECAUSE they are sponsored...



    EDIT: By the way, I have nothing against US as a country or its citizens or wow gamers (Doesn't mean I agree with Bush foreign policies) neither I'm a fan of Nihilum... I couldn't care less if Nihil or SK killed them first...
    I was just browsing the forum and read some posts and felt I had to post and explain my point...
    It's ok to loose, only 1 can win and only the ones who try to win can loose! But to spit on the winners effort just because we lost is ridiculous...

  16. #56

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH NERDRAGE! :P

  17. #57

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerdj26
    No, not really. This game's really old to most of us, almost as old as Europe, that place that nobody in America really cares about. Makes sense that people who haven't been playing since release are willing to play 12 hours to say they're the first.

    Anyway, the only annoying thing are posts like that. Ever think the only reason some of the US servers didn't get first kill there is because maybe 3-4 healers couldn't make it? Wow, there's a concept, real life could have interfered with their 'world first'. Heaven forbid since in the US we can't use unlimited sick days and aren't given much vacation time that we put our lives first.

    'World Firsts' don't mean anybody's better, just that some people have more time available to them...dumbass.
    Convincing ? No...

    Whining ? Yes...
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

  18. #58

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Who gives a dam about Nihilum

  19. #59

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum

    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy
    HAHAHAHAHAH... 7 in the US... LOL... Take a look at the latest ranking

    1 Nihilum Horde Magtheridon EU
    2 SK Gaming Horde Vek'nilash EU
    3 For the Horde Horde Destromath EU
    4 Affenjungs INC Horde Frostwolf EU
    5 Bad Omen Horde Dentarg EU
    6 Method Alliance Sylvanas EU
    7 Death and Taxes Alliance Korgath US
    8 Aurora Horde Mal'Ganis US
    9 Forte Alliance Kazzak EU
    10 The Legacy Horde Mazrigos EU

    I see 2 in 10 on the US...


    And all that bs about being sponsored is... bs... Teams get sponsors because they are good, because they deliver, because the win, because they are the best... Not the other way around...

    If you think teams win because they have sponsors, then you need a bit of REALITY!

    And by they... no-lifers calling other no-lifers, no-lifers is a joke!
    Congrats on EU .. Thats an extreme acomplishment. Well here in America we have the millionares, everyone has to work and the little time we have we dont waste on worrying how good our country is in a little game. We worry about buying a new car or new house and then play wow on our free time. And we got a couple of nukes

    oh and if you want to be proude of a pro gaming game. try and pick something like Counterstrike source wich is a game that no matter how many hours you spend on it you actually need skill to be good at it not time spent on playing it

  20. #60

    Re: Eredar Twins world first kill by Nihilum



    You seriously think that America is the only country that has millionaires and/or has a working population?? OMFG CHOO HAFF NUKLEAR WIPONS - Thank God a responsible and intelligent man is at the top holding the buttons...

    Whether or not nihilum have jobs (I do not know) or some form of education is hardly representitive of the EU - and US top guilds sure as hell spent more time trying on eredar since their gates opened first. What worries me is not that people say 'go go EU first we rock' it is the number of americans who simultaneously try to defend their not being #1 at the same time as trying to belittle the achievement.

    If you do not think this game takes skill but counterstrike is pure skill then you are just wrong. The skills are very, very different.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •