Thread: Hyjal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Hyjal.

Our pala tank has no threat issues at all.
    "Cloak of Shadows should last for 6 months, withdraw all the money out of our attackers bank account and make their mother pregnant with a ginger child. Then it'll be overpowered"

Quote Originally Posted by pOtskii
    Our pala tank has no threat issues at all.
    So your Casters are AoEing from pretty much the get go and being beaten by a DPS Warrior?

Either the casters don't know what to do, they are focussed on Sheep, or they have the world's worse group make up.

Even with the AoE damage cap your casters should be leaving the melee in their dust on the DPS meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelegend
    So your Casters are AoEing from pretty much the get go and being beaten by a DPS Warrior?

Either the casters don't know what to do, they are focussed on Sheep, or they have the world's worse group make up.

Even with the AoE damage cap your casters should be leaving the melee in their dust on the DPS meters.
    Or the dps warrior have his own personal army of priests mindcontrolling then necromancers and giving him the melee buff.

Quote Originally Posted by pOtskii
    If youve never seen a DPS warrior own the dmg on Hyjal trash uve either never been or dont have any "decent" dps wars.

Our dps warrior ALWAYS tops damage on the trash and we have very well geared & skilled locks/mages.

So stop talking out of your arses and think before you type shit that aint right on the forums.
    Your casters are garbage then; you should look into replacements.

In my guild usually a rogue were the top dpser at trash (minimal difference with locks), but he outgeared everyone.

Our setup changes alot since I belive that you should beable to do it with what ever you have.

But when we first started out it looked like this:
    2 Prot Tanks
    2 Ferals
    1 Fury
    3-4 random melee
    2-4 mages
    1-2 hunters
    8 healers
    Rest = random caster dps

Make sure the tanks(prots & ferals) are standing in one line, tell them NOT to start moving forward always stay inline.
    Tanks pick up everything, sheep necro(if there are any), each hunter grabs a mob and drags it through the npcs,
    and let the fury warrior grab a mob that the whole raid burns down first, and then start AOEing this way the tanks should have more aggro and people shouldnt die .
    If there are banshees/Necros the fury grabs those and melee asst him until they are all dead and then they help the AOEs.
    When theres only 2-3 mobs left stop AOEing and just single target dps.

At the boss you can buy some time if your rogues go in and distrat, if you have 3 rogues they can do this till the end of the world.

If you have problems on Rage trash in any way, I highly recommend you to get back in SSC. On our first Rage kill we did it with 21 people on the night after our first Kael kill ... with 25 having, having troubles on the trash means you shouldn't be there.

I play a Mage. If any class other than a Warlock out-dps' me on the Rage waves (barring deaths/runbacks), I will give them my account. Period. A well geared and well played Fury warrior cannot match Arcane Explosion spam in the middle of 10 mobs. There just is NO way. Glaives or no; they just can't hit enough targets.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    If you have problems on Rage trash in any way, I highly recommend you to get back in SSC. On our first Rage kill we did it with 21 people on the night after our first Kael kill ... with 25 having, having troubles on the trash means you shouldn't be there.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    I play a Mage. If any class other than a Warlock out-dps' me on the Rage waves (barring deaths/runbacks), I will give them my account. Period. A well geared and well played Fury warrior cannot match Arcane Explosion spam in the middle of 10 mobs. There just is NO way. Glaives or no; they just can't hit enough targets.
    im going to quote this because its true.
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Our warlocks WITHOUT a pally tank could hit 4k DPS.

Our mages using sheep on necro's and no pally tank can easily be high 2.8

With a pallatank both those values tend to increase - especially on early waves. (Rage trash never takes all the allotted time to kill*)

Show me a DPS warrior doing 2.5k DPS in a guild full of incompetent mages....

*when healers slack and you lose the tankadin it can take a bit longer ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Krypt
    im going to quote this because its true.
    quoted again to reaffirm that statement. Even if there is 5 mobs, a fury or arms war or anybody cant out dps mages/locks. I personally havent seen mages numbers per mob on each explosion, but i know my lock can fucking annihilate any warriors dmg on aoe packs and usually single targets for dps.

I play a mage and i've never been outdpsed by our fury warriors and they have better gear than me (Me being still a few kara gear and the warriors all SSC and TK).

No warrior can outdps mages/warlocks unless they go Oom or the mages/warlocks can't play their class.

Just my opinion.

Some things you should do;

1. Use a paladin tank, I do it for our guild, makes it stupid easy for AoE to go nuts. If one starts to leave, your paladin has a ranged taunt, just taunt em back.

When I tank these packs as a paladin, its DPS the Skull 1st, wait until you see me drop the second consecrate before starting AoE.

Make sure you dedicate 2-3 healers to that paladin, loads of damage.

2. Any packs that have abom's, split them up between your tanks, SINGLE target DPS the 1st one down, then have AoE go nuts.

3. Have a hunter kite a trash mob (preferably an Abom) thru the NPC's and back to the front.

4. Anyone that dies, immediately release and run back.

5. ANY pack with Abom's, make sure your healers are in range of tanks and ready to cast, they hit hard and on top of that can stun (no dodge, block or parry while stunned)

As others have posted here, you simply may not have the gear yet. Those first 8 waves of trash are stupid EASY, if you had the gear, your raid will wait 20+ seconds between waves.

We went in the nite of our 1st Kael kill, with 23 (some had to log). We killed Rage on the 1st pull, was silly easy.

Finally, I suspect your single biggest issue is your DPS. They are pulling aggro, getting wtfpwn'd or worse than that forcing heals to them which takes heals from your tanks and eventually kills a tank with 3+ adds on him. Said adds are then "off to the races" on DPS.

To fix this problem is dead easy;

1. Mark 1 mob with a skull as they come in.

2. All AoE DPS, does signle target DPS on this mob until its dead.

3. AoE DPS can then open up on remaining mobs as the tanks have had enough time to build a threat lead.

4. BOOT any asshole that keeps pulling threat.

well like everyone said above if you are wiping at winterchill then you dont belong in MH . I can put easily 4k dps on trash while watching at TV aswell :P . We use to respec one of our holy palas for MH trash .
    This is what one of my friends showed me few weeks ago :P

If you havent seen fury warriors WTFPWN in AOE since the DW, Sweeping strikes swap your fury warriors suck
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

bottom left above chat. normally around 2.5k dps but for 15 seconds i'm doing anywhere from 4k to 6k dps and this is with only 1 unholy frenzy buff.

Pretty much like everyone is saying pally tanks are overpowered here and have your druid/warrior tanks peel mobs off 1 at a time for melee to single target down. If you are the pally try to not get initial threat on every single mob at the very start because in later waves (like the ones with 6 necros) you will get insta-gibbed leaving your raid handicapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxyon
    well like everyone said above if you are wiping at winterchill then you dont belong in MH .
    winterchill and the waves are easy when the raid has gear and know what to do, and usually happens when you clear tk and ssc(except kael or vashj).