SSO Phase 4, Arena Stats, Twin Eredars

US-Proudmoore first realm to reach the 4th phase of the offensive
    That's it, US-Proudmoore unlocked the last part of Quel'danas, including Shaani, the NPC selling epic gems for 15 (10 ? See below) badges, and all the epic gem patterns rewarded by the Shattered Sun Offensive !

Sadly, they can't buy them yet, they have to rebuild the Alchemy Lab first before Shaani starts selling all her items. (Pretty much like Smith Hauthaa and the Anvil during the 3rd Phase)

Epic gems for ... 10 badges ?
    The 4th phase is active on at least one of the US server, and all the items related to this phase have been activated on the official armory. That's where it gets interesting, you could buy all the epic gems from Shaani for 15 badges during the testing phase of the patch on Test Servers, but according to the official armory the price has been lowered to 10 badges !

It's still unclear if it's a bug from the armory or an intended change but we'll probably have to wait until players on Proudmoore complete the alchemy lab to get a definitive answer.

Arena Tournament Second Qualifying Round
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    When we have dates for the second qualification round we will provide a schedule for it just like we have for the first qualifier.

We have not announced when and where the regional qualifier will take place. When we get closer to it happening we will announce it on the website and forums.

Arena class representation
    Vhairi released a bunch of interesting stats on his blog, analyzing the amount of players playing each class in Arena Tournaments for all 3 brackets.
    • 2v2 Arena is clearly dominated by Druids and Warriors, followed by Rogues and Warlocks. At high level the population of Mages, Paladins, Hunters, and Shamans is almost non-existant compared to the first 4 classes.
    • 3v3 isn't really different, Warriors, Druids, and Rogues are still on top, with the additions of Priests. At high level the amount of warlocks match the other "unpopular" classes.
    • 5v5 is where all the non-druid healers hide, with Priests, Shamans, and Paladins on top. The most popular non-healing classes are Warriors and Warlocks.

[url=http://vhairi.blogspot.com/2008/04/us-stats-april-2008.html]

Twin Eredars Kill Videos
    The Twin Eredars have been killed by a few guilds last week, and videos are already available ! You can already download the following :

Comics
    The new Dark Legacy and Teh Gladiators are out !

Re: SSO Phase 4, Arena Stats, Twin Eredars

Atleast US gets something first done :P

/popcorn

while waiting for drama

Who ever would have thought that warriors with a mobile healer would be the dominate class at gladiatorial combat? Screams "obvious" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kittynipples
    Who ever would have thought that warriors with a mobile healer would be the dominate class at gladiatorial combat? Screams "obvious" to me.
    Except they get steamrolled by hunter/druid.

The low representation of hunters in that bracket even after the buff, when I know how stupidly powerful they are paired with a druid makes me laugh. Confirms how dire most people are at this game.

Yea, it's too bad most hunters can't find good resto druids to Arena with...

because they're all off playing with warriors.

can someone from the US server confirm the 10badges price ??

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I give the server credit. I have lost nearly all interest in doing the daily quests since I hit exalted with SSO. I didn't even do one quest for the heroic badge vendor because it was guaranteed that I would be ganked (I know Proudmoore is a PVE server).

It will be interesting to see if the gems remain at 10 badges a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreeze
    can someone from the US server confirm the 10badges price ??
    They still need to open the alchemy store from phase4.

Damn all those OP feral druids and their pouncebleeds :/

Quote Originally Posted by FailedCRC

The low representation of hunters in that bracket even after the buff, when I know how stupidly powerful they are paired with a druid makes me laugh. Confirms how dire most people are at this game.
    The problems hunters have in the arena don't suddenly vanish when they are grouped with a druid.

Even when people get numbers that back this up, they come with:"but the hunters suck because they can't play". Seriously, get a clue, it's getting old and makes you look like a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by FailedCRC

OOooookaaaaaaaay

You playing the same game I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    5v5 is where all the non-druid healers hide, with Priests, Shamans, and Paladins on top.
    you know, shamans aren't healers, they're elemental

GG epix gems for 10 badges!

Boubouille, there's also a Vanquish video from the Twins - you might want to add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    At high level the population of Mages, Paladins, Hunters, and Shamans is almost non-existant compared to the first 4 classes
    Nice to know, since my three 70-chars are Shaman, Mage, Paladin.
    Three friends of mine all started a Hunter as first char.
    I'll probably make a video throwing away all my gear and deleting them... or qq some more till they buff shamans back to new glory, like in the old days... :

Quote Originally Posted by wisher
    The problems hunters have in the arena don't suddenly vanish when they are grouped with a druid.

Even when people get numbers that back this up, they come with:"but the hunters suck because they can't play". Seriously, get a clue, it's getting old and makes you look like a fool.
    I assume you are inferring that you are one of those bad hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Dessimus
    GG epix gems for 10 badges!
    Anyone know how close Proudmoore are to completing the Alchemy Lab yet? I'm keen to know how many badges I'm going to have to shell out to gem up my Brutal gear...