Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    My general point was that removing the incentive to participate for all the < 1500 players would drastically reduce the size of the arena pool.

    This would make an S4 2200 rating more like a current 2400 rating, while at the same time making the S3 shoulders/weapon more difficult to obtain despite their new lower rating...

    Making things more difficult to obtain as time goes on has not been Blizzard's style to date, so I seriously doubt this drastic change in direction will begin with S4 (i.e. putting ratings on all S4 pieces).

  2. #22

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte
    If there isnt a reward people would stop playing, wich would result in a drastic decrease in active teams and thus opponents to play against.
    Funny thing is, when they removed the rewards from raiding, the arena people told me to "play for fun and not for loot". I give you guys this advice back now.

  3. #23

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Hopefully, we will not get to see so much players running around with this armor (thanks to personal arena rating requirement). That's kind of nice?

  4. #24

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by wisher
    Funny thing is, when they removed the rewards from raiding, the arena people told me to "play for fun and not for loot". I give you guys this advice back now.
    lol people aren't so stupid too play when they aint getting something, the fun of the game is achieving a certaint goal, or get sertant items.

  5. #25

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    I thought the goal of PvP was to kill other players. All these gear upgrades do is create a handicap making the people without them more likely to lose.

  6. #26

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    This is bullshit in my point of view, this make's all people who doesnt have the time/skill too play in top arena ratings go raid, and if you even dont have enough time to play arena you sertantly dont have enough time for raiding. they said they also want to look at the casual players, well this sertantly shows they arent. not a good call imo.
    So... Why do you want all that nifty S4 Equip when you don´t have time to play anyway?

  7. #27

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?


    All these 2k+ rated people are always on about the skill, but whenever someone suggests they should have to beat people bellow 1850 using the same standard of gear, instead of higher DPS weapons such as now (and even more so in S4 if they are 2k) they scream about it.

    Instead, they all come down to 1650 and steam roll people with S1/2 and some S3 with much better gear.

    Just finished some games for today 1650-1700 rated, faced about 30% of teams with full S3 shoulders. Our healer has 2 parts of S3, and the rest is S1.. we don't stand a chance already and this will make it much worse.

    Should be about skill, not keeping players sub 1750 because the teams they face all have already got full S3 and they cant complete.

  8. #28

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Wat really intrests me is when the next season will start.



  9. #29

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    This will be very good imo, now you will REALLY know who is imba in pvp. I'm not really a pvper myself just do it for fun time to time or AV daily, but even if there was a very high person rating on all S4 items would that effect arena that much? It's not like s3 items are useless when S4 come...

  10. #30

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    This is bullshit in my point of view, this make's all people who doesnt have the time/skill too play in top arena ratings go raid, and if you even dont have enough time to play arena you sertantly dont have enough time for raiding. they said they also want to look at the casual players, well this sertantly shows they arent. not a good call imo.
    /slap stupid

  11. #31

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetravuss
    /slap stupid
    Eh kid go play outside please. if you cant even post a normal comment then just bugger off.

  12. #32

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dralle
    on all S4 items would that effect arena that much? It's not like s3 items are useless when S4 come...
    But you forgot something important. If I can not get S4 items why should I participate there? So now lets continous this, what if I am not the only one which will think like this.

    Arena is anyway so f$@& unbalanced.

    What you think, if just the ub0r 100 Pro Arena teams left there, you think it will get better?
    Nobody will get a 2k+ rating with this constellation.

  13. #33

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    Eh kid go play outside please. if you cant even post a normal comment then just bugger off.
    ok. In your first post you said this is bullshit because people without time/SKILL can't get these items because they can't get the required rating. That's the reason for the requirement rating, to separate the people with time/SKILL from those that do not. Just like if you don't have the time/SKILL to get into BT/Hyjal, you're not going to go around with those pieces of armor.

    Plus, they're not putting requirements on all pieces so if you get enough arena points for those pieces of armor, it could increase your chances of getting a higher rating.

    If you're that worried about it, I would recommend leveling other toons. It's not that big of a deal to get the S4 stuff since LK is coming up around the corner.

    There's plenty of gold farming from the new dailies, get some gold and spend it.

    Start farming honor points/marks so you can get S2 gear for honor if you don't have it already.

    There's not a shortage of things to do, just think outside the box.

    /slap stupid

  14. #34

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetravuss
    ok. In your first post you said this is bullshit because people without time/SKILL can't get these items because they can't get the required rating. That's the reason for the requirement rating, to separate the people with time/SKILL from those that do not. Just like if you don't have the time/SKILL to get into BT/Hyjal, you're not going to go around with those pieces of armor.

    Plus, they're not putting requirements on all pieces so if you get enough arena points for those pieces of armor, it could increase your chances of getting a higher rating.

    If you're that worried about it, I would recommend leveling other toons. It's not that big of a deal to get the S4 stuff since LK is coming up around the corner.

    There's plenty of gold farming from the new dailies, get some gold and spend it.

    Start farming honor points/marks so you can get S2 gear for honor if you don't have it already.

    There's not a shortage of things to do, just think outside the box.

    /slap stupid
    lolol this is exactly what i ment lol, Both PvE and PvP is skill(pvp more then pve though)/time required, and my point was that there wasnt much left that casual players can achieve. you get money from daily's yes, and where to spend the gold on? getting yourself boosted in arena lol? thats just lame,and doing daily's isnt fun, so it becoming less and less a game for casual players. you seriously need to learn too read posts.

  15. #35

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    I'm on a 2k 5s team and I think the idea to raise rating reqs even higher is lazy and not well thought out. I supported the original idea to put rating requirements on weapons and shoulders, but if they really bump them up by another 200 pts or so without any concern of how that will affect the whole system is just plain dumb. If the reason for the increase is that too many ppl are running around with S3 weapons/shoulders despite the rating requirements, perhaps they should look at the rating distribution among the different brackets. In my battlegroup alone (Nightfall):

    Teams with rating over 1850 2000
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2v2 1610 522
    3v3 993 337
    5v5 324 118

    It's pretty clear where the inflation is coming from.... If they want to lower the number of ppl getting access to these items then they should apply different rating requirements for different brackets. Getting 2k on 5s is significantly harder then getting it on 3s, and even more so then 2s, not to even mention how horribly unbalanced 3s and 2s are. I'm sorry but I don't think that druid+anything face rolling their way to 2k in 2s is the same as taking a 5s team to top 100 in the battlegroup.

    So rating requirements = GOOD, equal rating requirements across all brackets = BAD.

  16. #36

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackburn
    I'm sorry but I don't think that druid+anything face rolling their way to 2k in 2s is the same as taking a 5s team to top 100 in the battlegroup.
    I agree with that
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

  17. #37

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    lolol this is exactly what i ment lol, Both PvE and PvP is skill(pvp more then pve though)/time required, and my point was that there wasnt much left that casual players can achieve. you get money from daily's yes, and where to spend the gold on? getting yourself boosted in arena lol? thats just lame,and doing daily's isnt fun, so it becoming less and less a game for casual players. you seriously need to learn too read posts.

    your first post:

    This is bullshit in my point of view, this make's all people who doesnt have the time/skill too play in top arena ratings go raid, and if you even dont have enough time to play arena you sertantly dont have enough time for raiding. they said they also want to look at the casual players, well this sertantly shows they arent. not a good call imo.
    l2p, get skill, get the new gear. It'll just take you a little longer to get to that point, no big deal. And if you don't get to that point, you got LK. And if you can't get higher ratings, it'll take you awhile to deck out in the s4 gear that you can get anyways, getting like ~300 points/week.

    And Blackburn has a good idea.

    I still recommend leveling toons to 70 in time for LK. This will help you have that 'feeling' of accomplishing something. Not to mention, you can go back and see things you forgot/never did.

    Sell that G for real $. I heard about someone selling their 2k G for $80 - that's like 5 months of free WoW.

  18. #38

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetravuss
    l2p, get skill, get the new gear. It'll just take you a little longer to get to that point, no big deal. And if you don't get to that point, you got LK. And if you can't get higher ratings, it'll take you awhile to deck out in the s4 gear that you can get anyways, getting like ~300 points/week.

    And Blackburn has a good idea.

    I still recommend leveling toons to 70 in time for LK. This will help you have that 'feeling' of accomplishing something. Not to mention, you can go back and see things you forgot/never did.

    Sell that G for real $. I heard about someone selling their 2k G for $80 - that's like 5 months of free WoW.
    srsly. are you retarded? "take a bit longer" some people are casual because they dont have time, and when they are playing they actually want to do something and achieve something with it, thats the whole point of my posts. its becoming a hardcore game, no place for casuals anymore, period. now stop whining with l2p, get skillz.

  19. #39

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuig
    srsly. are you retarded? "take a bit longer" some people are casual because they dont have time, and when they are playing they actually want to do something and achieve something with it, thats the whole point of my posts. its becoming a hardcore game, no place for casuals anymore, period. now stop whining with l2p, get skillz.
    Even though I do no support raising the rating requirements even higher (at least not the way they probably plan on doing it), the "no time" argument just doesn't apply to arenas. We took our 5s team to 2k rating playing mostly only 10 games a week, so the time commitment we put in was no greater than some scrub team losing 10 games a week. So if you got the skills, arenas are the one place where lack of time will not be your enemy.

    However grinding the honor gear to supplement your arena gear is a different story....

  20. #40

    Re: Season 4 rating requirements increased ?

    To encourage 3v3 and especialy 5v5, they have to make shoulders being able to buy only with 2200 personal rating in 3v3 and 2000 pers. rating in 5v5.

    2v2 should be only for points and fun, in this way, people cannot argue about "that class is better then mine, he can roll face to shoulders" when they actualy suck at game.

    And to whiners who posted above: even if they'll give you free full set enchanted and socketed with the best gems in the first day of the season, you'll still not be able to pass your line. You'll get steamrolled by top teams in s3 gear.

    So no, it's not the gear that makes difference, it's you. If you sucked 2 season in a raw, and stayed on 1800 rating, if they;ll give you the best gear in game, you'll not better, becouse it's not the gear, it's the arena expirience, team playing, and dedication.

    for example, there are good hunters holding high spots, and doing great. And they don't think that their class suck and the pilars should be removed, and they are like few.


    And there are loads of casuals, thousands who think that hunter is underpowered, and pilars should be removed, and it should be a dps race fest.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •