Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How come we dont get refunds

I may be mistaken, but in the last 2 years I don't think I have ever been given a "free time" refund, while it seems like every time the EU servers go down for more then 5-6 hours, they get some kind of reimbursement.

My server, as well as many other servers on the US side have been down for the majority of the day (BG servers all weekend), and I seriously doubt we will receive any type of compensation.

I just thought I read 4-5 posts in the last 6 months stating EU reimbursements, but never for the US.

We need to bitch more I guess.

Re: How come we dont get refunds

I agree, I play on Deathwing and for the last few months the lag has gotten progressively worse and so has been its up time. Last month, the server wasn't playable and would disconnect players constantly with no warning. We too have the same issues, BGs are unplayable on the weekends and have a habit of going down at random times.

When 2.4 became live, we were one of the last servers to go live due to the age of our server and couldn't log on until ~4 pm (maintainance goes to ~11 am my time). By logging on, I mean we could log on, but the server wasn't playable. I was one of the first people on the island, there were no npcs, only a few players were there and we were walking around with our thumbs up our asses. Some people ran into MgT and we're stuck outside running in indefinetly until the server crashed and came back up about 30 minutes later. Server comes back up, there's a rollback and we're in Silvermoon, this time we fly in, NPCs are up, island becomes exponentially laggy as people fly in. Continent dies, server blows up and then is down for another hour. Server comes back up, but continuously crashed and I gave up at about 10 that night.

Am I going to get credited for that? Like you said, probably not, but god forbid a EU server is down for less than a quarter of a day without getting free credit for the whole day.

This double standard crap is really getting on my nerves.
    BAMF.

Same here. Daggerspine (and the whole Cyclone BG) get worst and worst every new patch.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

if a server is down for like 12 hours + patch time.. or all servers get downed for like 24 hours (very rarely happens now of course) they often extend your play time for that month.

Quote Originally Posted by sousui
    if a server is down for like 12 hours + patch time.. or all servers get downed for like 24 hours (very rarely happens now of course) they often extend your play time for that month.
    Yeah, but I seem to recall a post were all EU realms got something stupid like 1 day of free play time because there server went down for 6 hours.

Now, I don't care about the $$ value of 6 hours/my monthly fee, but I sure as hell know Blizzard does. If blizzard had to refund EVERYONE's money back like the do for the EU realms, I am thinking we would not have 12 hours of server downtime because "We have identified a hardware issue, and are working diligently to fix it, will but day @ X:00"

As far as opening a ticket, last thing I would want it my account to be flagged for any reason, as I wouldnt put it past them to perma ban me if I request time/money back when servers crash and burn

im gonna submit a ticket, but not asking for free time because knowing blizz I will only get a prompt "taste shit" in response.

My ticket is going to ask them to change the name of Dragonmaw US, to Lagonmaw. anyone that plays on there knows whats its like. We have alt guilds on other servers simply because of how often Dmaw crashes. Its got a little better in the past month, but before that, if you got to play for 3-4 hours without getting the dreaded "World Server Is Down" it was a good day.

To me even getting a couple days of refunds for the server being down for x amount of hrs is kind of pointless because.. who cares, it's only a couple of days of playtime.

I understand it may be the principle of the thing between US and EU servers but still, who cares.

However LAG on servers is an entirely different story. You'd think with all the ****ing money blizz is rolling in from wow subscribers they could upgrade their servers.

Maybe they do, but it doesn't seem like it.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't see the big deal. So you can't play for one day oooohhhh nozzzzz.

So instead of paying 46 cents per day this month now I am paying 48 cents! Damn you blizzard, damn you.

Sorry but what kind of "refunds" are u guys talking about, because imo u play monthly like 13$ and now getting refund for 6 hours is like 0.018 cents an hour. They have the money, but why they dont fix the realms that are that bad i dont wanna go there. Plus they want u to transfer to better realms, there is 25 dollar fee for that. It is all about the money, the people who run Blizzard are just some greedy #$%&$*#@*%$, because they dont care about our play time. My server is one of the best, there is no lagg and its all good, but i can feel u guys, with all that lagg and the pain u guys have to deal with. Will there be better, i really doubt it, plus i just checked yesterday about the new game, AION or w/e and hope its all good.

again, its not about the money, or not being able to play for one day, but its about not being able to play the particular day you may want to. Or not being able to raid lag free without server crashing.

Dont care about the money myself, but again, if blizz has to give back enough money, perhaps, perhaps, they will see fit to upgrade the older servers that have most of the problems.

"Leader", I am referring to the game time refunds that Blizz sometimes gives their European customers when their servers go down for a few hours.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Why do you think only Europeans get compensated for time?

Since my account was created on December 18, 2005 I have been compensated for 6 days due to server downtime.

Blizz will give time back, I am betting they will reimburse people for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaphe
    Yeah, but I seem to recall a post were all EU realms got something stupid like 1 day of free play time because there server went down for 6 hours.
    It was because Nightfall and some other BG hub were down for 8 hours. From 5pm to 1am. That's prime time. So a couple hundred thousand people couldn't log in. We got 1 free day.
    Happens.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    Why do you think only Europeans get compensated for time?
    The different policies in EU and US are probably due to the fact that it's not the same company managing accounts and commercial stuff here and there.
    (i think it's Vivendi in the EU ?)

Well, as has been said you can get free time in the US too, albeit with a little more effort required.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Same here. Daggerspine (and the whole Cyclone BG) get worst and worst every new patch.
    You are from US and you actually used the phrase worst and worst?

The reason they don't give US accounts free time, the laws are different.

European laws protect their civilians from promises of services.

OH NOEZ EU GOTS 5 DAYZ OF FREE TIME IN 6 MONTHS OMGOMGOMG!!!! Wow that's like...$2.50. Fuck you Blizzard!! You steal a soda and a candy bar from me twice a year!!! IM GONG TO DIE COZ IM SO BROKZ!! Eat less candy and get less fat imo. $.42 a month won't kill you unless you are in a 3rd world country, and if you are then you had better be spending your $15 a month on other things besides a computer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    OH NOEZ EU GOTS 5 DAYZ OF FREE TIME IN 6 MONTHS OMGOMGOMG!!!! Wow that's like...$2.50. Fuck you Blizzard!! You steal a soda and a candy bar from me twice a year!!! IM GONG TO DIE COZ IM SO BROKZ!! Eat less candy and get less fat imo. $.42 a month won't kill you unless you are in a 3rd world country, and if you are then you had better be spending your $15 a month on other things besides a computer game.
    go to the wow general forums pls

Devia, you are missing the point.

Multiply the soda and candy bar by several million $, then, Call that X, If X becomes greater then Y (Y being the cost of upgrading our lousy POS servers), the money man at blizzard will say, Lets upgrade the servers instead of giving back all these refunds.

Then we all win.

Multiply the soda and candy bar by several million $, then, Call that X, If X becomes greater then Y (Y being the cost of upgrading our lousy POS servers), the money man at blizzard will say, Lets upgrade the servers instead of giving back all these refunds.

Then we all win.
    Well said.

Then we all win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trying2Hard
    Well said.
    Agreed