Thread: PVP > all else?

PVP > all else?

Anyone else tired of PVP taking a front seat to all other elements of the game?

Professions, IMO, are really needing some attention. A brief investigation on Wowhead has revealed to me that..

Of 328 1h swords in game, 20 are craftable
    Of 177 2h swords in game, 17 are craftable
    197 1h axes - 17 craftable, 172 2h axes - 14 craftable
    313 1h maces - 21 craftable, 179 2h maces - 15 craftable

The "Master" (swordsmith/axesmith/hammersmith) gets you a total of 6 craftable items - none of which are useable by
    anyone other than the crafter. From what I can tell, all the other crafting professions have similar restrictions.

I realize that PVP is a major portion of the game to some people, but as a strictly PVE player, it would be nice to see some
    new craftables/changes to professions. I know for a fact that the next Arena session will bring a lot more new items than
    2.4 brought new craftables...

Re: PVP > all else?

Nope. Glad that PvP is so important.
    I do wish there was more gear that I could craft as a non-raider that has a high mats cost for other slots, or more variety of gear. Hopefully WotLK brings more interesting changes to professions.

IMO enchanters should be able to make epic BOP wands with some pretty sweet stats or perks. Sure they have ring enchants already, but u start out at lower lvls making wands then it just stops abruptly. Would be nice for them to give all those engineering huntards out there their own BOP ranged weapons that have practical end game use.

I do like PVP, but I also like PVE. I felt like alot of TBC has been focused on PVP. Sure there have been new dungeons with new fights, but the idea of raiding hasn't really changed much. Not saying i know the solution, but a little something to liven up the PVE scene again would go a long way in my books. Plus its not like Blizz doesn't get paid millions to develop new stuff :P

Blizzard could make series of quests to get different plans and then when you got the plans you farm the mats to craft the items. Spread the plans around the world, boss drops, reputation with different factions, quests etc. Should be able to craft more than 1-2 decent items. Also need to include plans/recipes for gear to all specs. There arent any crafted tanking gear in the game, except boots from SSC for both pally and warrior.

I remember getting 120g tip for enchanting crusader Pre BC, that was sweet, these days I dont even bother trying to get the leet enchants(mongoose, executioner etc) its easier to just find someone to so it.

I agree TBC has been very very PvP orientated, world PvP in all zones, but most of the high end patterns are PvE anyway(raids).

mooncloth set has been alot of fun though, cant wait to see what they do in WotLK

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by thelorddave
    Anyone else tired of PVP taking a front seat to all other elements of the game?
    No, I'm happy about it

Huh, it's kinda funny, I don't feel that PVP is taking a front seat at all. Is your sole reason for saying so the lack of craftable weapons? Cause I don't think that really has much to do with PVP at all; it's a totally separate thing. Personally, I'm reasonably happy with the crafting situation... as an alchemist/tailor, I get an endgame best-in-slot healing trinket for free, and some pretty damn good raiding gear starting with Primal Mooncloth and ending with Eternal Light, most of which rocks (though the robe of eternal light could use some work).

I digress a little. I just don't see how your statement that professions need work leads to PVP being dominant.

PVP dominance should be obvious from the number of posts on the subject...

Professions are fine .... beside blacksmith that is.
    Blacksmith is only good for the first 6-10 month then the drops become WAY better then anything gears craftable. Still, we need someone to make those resist gears.

But yeah, PVP > all else in WoW right now. If they had some real pvp it would be good but deathmatches and farmgrounds are just not cutting it. Maybe WotLK will bring something worth mentionning.

Quote Originally Posted by thelorddave
    PVP dominance should be obvious from the number of posts on the subject...
    It's people disagreeing with each other. I don't find that dominating. :/

I'm just getting into PvP and I'm really enjoying the new challenged. Nothing is scripted you come out the doors and who knows what you will get. On the subject of craftable items. Many other mmo's are based more on Professions however WoW is not. I would like to see very high end craftables with very hard mats.

i agree with that people a lot people in my guild when they dinged 70 asked my warrior 375 blacksmith if i can do starting tanking gear for them i just said i got 2 part of felsteel (glove pattern never dropped) and they cant find any other usefull gear from me pvp item can help them become crit immune but dont give them the block dodge and parry rating they need to tank all their gear is in 5 man dungeaon and now almost no one do normal dungeon since they get pvp gear as a starter but warrior and pally tank can get that pvp gear as a starter

so letting them have access to more tank gear should be implemented

Right now BS is probably the worst profession to have, because people can get better weapons and gear without buying a ton of expensive mats. BS people have it worse than any other profession.

TBC has been primarily focused on PVP, almost every zone has a PVP objective and with every PVE upgrade you get an equivilant (and sometimes easier to get) PVP upgrade.

My guess is that WotLK will try to sway things towards the PVE aspect of the game; primarily professions.

They made a bad move (imo) with specializations -- they made them TOO specialized. The materials for most are on par with the level of item, but the fact that it takes you so long to get those plans+mats only to make the item ONCE is stupid.

sidenote: as an enchanter i think they should allow us to sell enchants as items (like they have it on the tournament realm) this will help the profession alot
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn

sidenote: as an enchanter i think they should allow us to sell enchants as items (like they have it on the tournament realm) this will help the profession alot

this