Thread: Wow is broken.

Wow is broken.

Okay i know what your all going to say zomg your a druid QQ blah blah wtf ever, look all i want is someone who may know more about damage reduction mechanics of pvp, or something along those lines. okay heres the story. In 2s a few days ago mid 1800s, i believe it was 1830 something, we fight a rogue mage team, were druid/war (duh) now this team is a good setup against us and they were slightly better geared by both having s3 weapons, as we dont. Now the rogue was beating on me why the warrior was occupying the mage, im down to about 5k hp with a LB on me, the rogue is criting me and i gain my 3 stacks of natural perfection so 12% dmg reduction to all types. I was in bear with motw on, sitting at a little over 18k armor which is 71% phyical dmg reduction i also have 422 resil which is well over 20% critical dmg reduction. He 5pt evicerated me for 3755. Now i may not be the smartest man but that does not seem possible to me. Can anyone elaborate on how this could be. By my math a rogue would hit a naked, zero resil person for well over 10k. Any help is much apprecatied, im not here to QQ i just want some answers.

Re: Wow is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwatao
    Okay i know what your all going to say zomg your a druid QQ blah blah wtf ever, look all i want is someone who may know more about damage reduction mechanics of pvp, or something along those lines. okay heres the story. In 2s a few days ago mid 1800s, i believe it was 1830 something, we fight a rogue mage team, were druid/war (duh) now this team is a good setup against us and they were slightly better geared by both having s3 weapons, as we dont. Now the rogue was beating on me why the warrior was occupying the mage, im down to about 5k hp with a LB on me, the rogue is criting me and i gain my 3 stacks of natural perfection so 12% dmg reduction to all types. I was in bear with motw on, sitting at a little over 18k armor which is 71% phyical dmg reduction i also have 422 resil which is well over 20% critical dmg reduction. He 5pt evicerated me for 3755. Now i may not be the smartest man but that does not seem possible to me. Can anyone elaborate on how this could be. By my math a rogue would hit a naked, zero resil person for well over 10k. Any help is much apprecatied, im not here to QQ i just want some answers.
    oke, this post have gona to far, druids are OP and u are complaining about 1 fookin arena match about a rogue that hit u too hard! omg im dieing here

Quote Originally Posted by exomage
    oke, this post have gona to far, druids are OP and u are complaining about 1 fookin arena match about a rogue that hit u too hard! omg im dieing here
    While that may be true, im not denying that, im just asking a simple question how is that possible, unless he was somehow hacking, if not this game is broke.

Quote Originally Posted by exomage
    lol he was just wondering you tard, be so mature and answer his question or just piss of if you dont got anything usefull too tell.(sorry for my language but these guys just piss me off :-X)

was it a crit? Rogues have a few abilities to increase crit bonus and also if you were kidney shotted thats another +9% dmg. Also +15% dmg eviscerate talent did he have expose armor on you? there are many things rogues can do to temporarily up dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by dman32
    was it a crit? Rogues have a few abilities to increase crit bonus and also if you were kidney shotted thats another +9% dmg. Also +15% dmg eviscerate talent did he have expose armor on you? there are many things rogues can do to temporarily up dmg.
    yes it was a crit, no he didnt have expose armor on me, i was not KShotted but he did have executioner proc and full s3, so he was about 1300 armor pen, i understand that would change the outcome of his dmg. but almost 4k cmon.
    so let me know what you think

Well you may have been Expose Armored and he may have had points in ShS, Dirty Deeds, Master of Subtlety and Improved Evis.

Also, maybe you misread your Nat. Perfection too. With all the above, and the stars aligned, I could see this as a possibility. Much more likely than saying the game is broken.

Certainly sucks to be you but think how cool it would have been to be the rogue!!

If what you say is true and all of his factors were kinda lucky, like i know this can happen, ive had a full rage execute crit on my war for 5k and upwards to 10k its like you know wtf determines that much difference, but if this is true that means a rogue in his gear would 11-13k a critter or something with no armor/resil with a 5pt crit. And if that is the case rogues must be destroyed.

I had a similar probelm to this. I think the mechanics need to be tweaked too. I have 421 resilience, Clothie mage tho) Icebarrier up, frost armor, mage talent armor increase (not much but some armor) and a rogue crit me for 5700 on an ambush (yeah who ambushes in arena???). I dont have the screenie but goddamn thats ridiculous. I went from roughly 10k to half my hp and then was down to 2k b4 I could even Ice block. Melee is ridiculous... where is my mage's negative resistance stat?? IDK melee scales better than spell blah blah blah.. make it fair

Quote Originally Posted by Immapwnu
    I had a similar probelm to this. I think the mechanics need to be tweaked too. I have 421 resilience, Clothie mage tho) Icebarrier up, frost armor, mage talent armor increase (not much but some armor) and a rogue crit me for 5700 on an ambush (yeah who ambushes in arena???). I dont have the screenie but goddamn thats ridiculous. I went from roughly 10k to half my hp and then was down to 2k b4 I could even Ice block. Melee is ridiculous... where is my mage's negative resistance stat?? IDK melee scales better than spell blah blah blah.. make it fair
    yeah that is gay. people say so much about how druids are op, and if anything its rogues/hunters that are way way way to op, but i do understand druids were op for a very long time, and still are not bad so im not going to complain i just think its funny when rogues are like zomfg i cannot kill droods, like if your a good rogue, i wont move from your melee range once and youll pwn me. without 4 set kiting rogues is near impossible unless they suck.

As a rogue I know this is possible, as other have mentioned we do have a few abilities to increase crit bonus but I was thinking more about this; His executioner procced and instant attacks with slow weapons have greater chance to proc = Mutilate (When Mutilate specced you try to get as slow weapons as possible). If he was mutilate he would spec Improved Kidney Shot = 9% more dmg and Improved Eviscerate 15% more dmg (even though you say you were'nt KD'd I think you were). Anyway, since executioner will not stack twice with dual-wield it ignores 840 of your armor. He was at 1800+ rating so he probably uses Dory's Embrace (cloak) which ignores 112 armor. If he had Vengeful Head, leggings and tunic he ignores 252 more armor. You also said they had the weapons that's another 98. Also, the vindicator band of triumph (ring) ignores 52. We are up at 1358 and there are more gear that ignores even more armor. Maybe he did expose armor too (at 5 combos ignores 2050(not improved)).

If you add the armor penetration, 24% more dmg, high crit rating/bonus and around 2000atp it is Not impossible to get an eviscerate crit at 3755.

I could have forgotten something but do not have more time.

anyway..

World Of Warcraft will never be broken.
    Sapped girls can't say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwatao
    little over 18k armor which is 71% phyical dmg reduction
    you should go take another look at your stat screen, 18k armor is near 62% not 71%, at 16k armor my pally got something like 60.3% damage reduction.
    Rogue with S3 gears and some talents to improve the damage of his eviscerate doing this kind of damage seem plausible.
    And forget about his armor penetration gears. Over 10k armor, 1k or armor is hardly 2% of damage reduction and it gets worse as you get more, in bear form its laughable, in caster form its deadly.

dude that 4k crit was while u were in bear form or...

are you sure it wasnt a envenom? cause that isnt mitiagted by armor

Quote Originally Posted by ayren
    are you sure it wasnt a envenom? cause that isnt mitiagted by armor
    As I said before. He is probably mutilate specced, and it makes sense that he would use envenom if he is mutilate since there is a spec in assassination called Vile Posions which increases damage done by envenom by 20% (and 40% chance to resist dispel effects).
    Sapped girls can't say no.

Clearly the game was broken just for you