Ehan Shaman / Frost Mage

Was wondering if any else is running a 2v2 with the same combo. (enh shaman/frost mage) and what your views are and what your main strat is.

When we do are 2v2s we have a bigg problem facing rogue/warlock combos. what do we do!??

P.S please post any information you would recom end to this type of team setup.

???

Re: Ehan Shaman / Frost Mage

Also if any one has any nice enhancement shaman 2v2 videos with a decent rating please link!!!

well enh shammy is not that viable on 2V2 but could work

some problems you might encounter
    - you need to root the enemy to keep your shammy on him, without you taking advantage of shatter
    - when you freeze to perform shatter, the freeze might be already broken cause of the fast shaman swings
    - high lack of CC
    - easy lockdown by rogues
    - easy lockdown by locks
    - you won't be able to catch a smart druid (frostnova, shapeshift), actually every restodruid you encounter will be a nightmare (not that this is anything new, but I think you'll have extra trouble getting it down)

if you ask me, get a retridin/discpriest/restodruid for 3V3
    My Rogue
    altoholic since 2000 (Diablo II release)

I run this combo atm (15 games played) Stats of 10-6(1510 rating, we started from lower).. All those 6 games lost were against druid or paladin teams. We generally just dont stay alive long enough to first down the paladin till he has to use the shield. Sheep doesnt stay up that long while he just bubbles. We cant dps through his healing(if he is grouped with warr) and interrupting vs. Paladin is crap.
    And yes, druids is just lose case generally because of the shapeshifting. Sometimes you will have enough burst dmg to down the druid in a few seconds, but u will both have to crit and be lucky on a frostnova where the druid is forced to heal, U will win those matches.

Oh.. I've got 313 Resi(got some pve which is better then s1 in my perspective) and the mage is on 452 or something. We both got 10k+ hp

I can see enh shaman and frost mage working well against resto druid teams at least, constant purging of HoTs, forcing the druid to use casting spells which can be counterspelled and then nuke dps  vs other 2 dps teams though I really can’t see this working, and also enh shaman are much poorer at locking down targets such as rogues/warriors which gets on the mages nerves..!
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    I can see enh shaman and frost mage working well against resto druid teams at least, constant purging of HoTs, forcing the druid to use casting spells which can be counterspelled and then nuke dps  vs other 2 dps teams though I really can’t see this working, and also enh shaman are much poorer at locking down targets such as rogues/warriors which gets on the mages nerves..!
    Some wrong points in this.. well to me it is..
    constant purging of HoTs
    This is not a real good thing to do, because they got lifebloom which jsut heals them for 2k if you remove it. This makes it to only Purge when they got 3 hot's on them, else you loose too much of the healing.

other 2 dps teams though I really can’t see this working
    They arent that hard. Its just about Sheep. Sheep 1 target and nuke down the other DPS with heroism on and its as good as a win.

locking down targets such as rogues/warriors
    A good shaman is equal to a warrior They will always get the warrior down to like 0-30% on their own. If not, you fail

ps. I might have some things wrong. but I think this is about it

it is verry true are worst team is against rogue/warlocks.

double rogues arent so ruff, and DRUIDS are a night mare for are makeup.

The mage has just respected to Fire with instand pyro and it seems we climbs for a good while. only problem is if we dont destroy some one before the other team ccs \ or heals through the dump we are pretty much worthless.

Also i like the fire for alot of fights because as soon as i damage the target down to around 50% and the mage is CC \ silencing the other toon. he usualy can do enough instant damage / pyro to finish off the partner in time.

Please post if any of you think should be frost mage or fire mage.

we are trying to become really competive team. so any reviews would be helpfull

thx guys.

A good shaman is equal to a warrior They will always get the warrior down to like 0-30% on their own. If not, you fail
    i meant rogue are better at locking rogues/warriors down with crippling poison and kidney shot, so they can't catch up with the mage

dam forgot about the lifebloom thing
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

If a mage lets a warrior catch up to them then theyre doing something wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by albinodarky
    If a mage lets a warrior catch up to them then theyre doing something wrong :P
    the point is though, you can't get a decent shatter combo off, unless the warrior is stunned (kidney shot!)

Going fire (Pom Pyro) is the only way to get past a team w/ a resto druid. Otherwise, unless the druid is extremely bad, you'd lose every game. It's just a horrid matchup for mage/enhance. Knowing when to use that Pom/Pyro is going to be the difference in winning and losing.

Good luck w/ your team. It certainly isn't conventional and it'll be a good counter for many popular combos like warrior/priest.

I run a 2s team with a mage friend of mine. He used to have the instant pyro and things went down very quickly, specially warriors. However, I read some people here saying that an enhancement shammy can beat a rogue or you are basically failing at your class...I can't beat rogues for my life and I'm a pretty decent enhancement shaman, maybe it's the lack of stamina enchants (most of my enchants are strength), but it just seems that I can't break off their stuns to actually do any damage. Basically the teams that have always given us problems are the ones with rogues or with resto druids, everything else we can deal with fairly easily. He now changed his spec and doesn't have the instant pyro anymore, so that's a bit of an issue there, but I'm sure we'll work around that, he does way more damage now. Any suggestions?

greenmasheen

Quote Originally Posted by Kawari
    I run a 2s team with a mage friend of mine. He used to have the instant pyro and things went down very quickly, specially warriors. However, I read some people here saying that an enhancement shammy can beat a rogue or you are basically failing at your class...I can't beat rogues for my life and I'm a pretty decent enhancement shaman, maybe it's the lack of stamina enchants (most of my enchants are strength), but it just seems that I can't break off their stuns to actually do any damage. Basically the teams that have always given us problems are the ones with rogues or with resto druids, everything else we can deal with fairly easily. He now changed his spec and doesn't have the instant pyro anymore, so that's a bit of an issue there, but I'm sure we'll work around that, he does way more damage now. Any suggestions?
    who fed you that crap?

enhancement shamans are easy to kill. just keep them stunned and if they get out, blind. also, rogues tend to have more dodge/parry.

Quote Originally Posted by jaddboy
    It certainly isn't conventional and it'll be a good counter for many popular combos like warrior/priest.

i only remember bumping into a warr/priest once :s