overpowering 3.3?

resto drood // dispriest // warrior
    recently encountered a group which just kicks ars...
    not that i've not seen this setup before...
    but i guess it really depends on how well you play...

let's say all skills are tops... then what setup could counter this group?

if u were to attack warrior... there r 2 healers... impossible to kill... especially with a shield on...

attack the priest, warrior goes wild as nothing can bind/control him (due to the highly skilled priest), drood binds and hurls one into thin air...

if u were to attack the drood... chances are he's gonna get away... plus there's always the priest to heal as well...

if u try to separate ur team and do a full court press... chances are the one who got the drood's gonna get SM'ed while the drood runs back to his team and gang up on a poor fella...

could this possibly be the best 3on3 setup??

Re: overpowering 3.3?

2 Healer war is strong, but not the best, it can be beat.

I ran a rogue mm hunter and pala, and encountered this setup a few times.. We won like 50%

I as MM can easyly drain a priest, wile A rogue can keep up with a druid with np. IF he tends to slip, I can always send pet on him.. We both got some ccs to get that warrior of our backs, scatter, traps , scorpid sting, sap and blind.

I dont know what kinda setup you run you failed to mention it, but thats how we delt with it, I stopped with 3v3 btw, as a MM hunter It always went a little to fast for me when I had 2 dps on me I lack a bit of skill to be a succesfull Marksman in 3v3 I think

Gl with your game

/maycah

Quote Originally Posted by Maycah
    2 Healer war is strong, but not the best, it can be beat.

I as MM can easyly drain a priest, wile A rogue can keep up with a druid with np. IF he tends to slip, I can always send pet on him.. We both got some ccs to get that warrior of our backs, scatter, traps , scorpid sting, sap and blind.

I dont know what kinda setup you run you failed to mention it, but thats how we delt with it, I stopped with 3v3 btw, as a MM hunter It always went a little to fast for me when I had 2 dps on me I lack a bit of skill to be a succesfull Marksman in 3v3 I think
    our setup's a warrior/MMhunter/restodrood... rating at 2150 (alliance) opponent's horde (which is already an advantage in my point -.-)

surprisingly... it's not easy to drain the priest as the drood is extremely fast helping the priest with that... drood/priest can also help their warrior break free from almost every binding ability... now i know that sounds sketchy... but for this group it's true... they are really good... dunno about rogue vs drood... but for the most i've seen... drood would best out the rogue...

oh... i forgot to mention...
    the warrior is also excellent at instantly getting ur pet's attention to attack him... and take him right out of ur healer's sight and offing ur pet...

I haven't got further then 2k myself, so I don't really meet much teams who work that fluently... So I think I lack a little experience there... Only thing I can think of is put imba much Nature resist on pet keep taht on druid and Freaking nuke the shit out of the priest so the druid cant cc pet, drink cause he wont get enough time.. but tahts just guessing work, hope its usefull.. and with the warrior i guess little things might work , like entrapment, and scatters , inproved wingclip that kidna things, rest is all dispelleble I guess, also insect swarm/scorpid sting is atleast a 7% dmg nerf.

Ye about the pet, I hate it when they go for that It makes you have to always watch it and stuff.. Best way i ve found is to just wile he kills, let your healer not heal it and get some ticks of drinking wile you go to other side of the map and resummon as soo nas its dead, they usually don't see that comming, but since its such an imba team, i guess they dd have an interupter in a 4 sec area near you for that..

But thats as far as my experience goes.. Hope its usefull!

/maycah

War/Ret/Resto Shaman is what I run quite often, not becuase it's super poweful but because it's fun. I Love seeing teams like this. We're not going to run out of damage so we push the priest so he can't mana burn. I can switch when the druid comes in range taking heals from the priest and leaving the ret pally to continue to pressure him. Our shaman kites and tanks the warrior with ease much longer then they can handle our damage that never ends.

15+ Year Old Account

A 3 dps team can beat it if they consist of at least two good ranged CCers.

A 2 dps team can beat it if it consists of 2 CC dpsers.

The trick is the crowd control of one healer and dpsing both warrior and other healer.

I know, because i played this team yesterday as resto shaman with a holy paladin and a warrior. We had some easy fights versus some "2k rating" setup teams. But we had some hard fights when we had wierd setup teams.
    The 2 healer/warrior teams mostly go for the healer. If u make the healer not lose alot of mp and split dps it is possible to win.

Deleted

/sign to almost every aspect mentioned here...
    +
    if u were to attack warrior... there r 2 healers... impossible to kill... especially with a shield on...
    right. do not attack the warrior. at all. it's just giving him rage, and you won't be able to kill him with 2 healers alive anyway.

Thats a crap team... you're just probably a bad 3v3.... if you have a druid he should be cc'ing the warrior while your (warlock, mage, other cc class here) takes care of the druid or at least slows his casting.... the warrior will try to train your healer first.... kill one of his healers and pressure the other into drinking and its over.

Quote Originally Posted by numblocke
    Thats a crap team... you're just probably a bad 3v3.... if you have a druid he should be cc'ing the warrior while your (warlock, mage, other cc class here) takes care of the druid or at least slows his casting.... the warrior will try to train your healer first.... kill one of his healers and pressure the other into drinking and its over.
    lemme tell u something about this crap team... as they are currently one of the top ranked team on my server... and 2nd on the world pvp server within my area... the only way to cc that warrior is to whirl him into the air for 5sec, 3sec... everything else is dispelled by the priest... yes... of course i know i must kill one of his healers first... but with a drood/priest setup (not just any 2 healers) it makes it that much harder...

and yes, i might be bad at 3on3... but at least our team still stands around the 2150 region...
    not saying it's something to brag about... but at least better than lots others..

your logic stands only if the other team stands there and allows you to freely slap them around... which is far from the truth of this team... and if this setup indeed "suck", then they must be damn good players to get to where they are...

faced this setup a couple times yesterday with my lolsetup (disc priest, ret pala, ms/flurry warr)
    warrior went for me (reckon the best thing to do) priest spamdispelling me, druid healing the priest (as both my mates were on him), cc'ing our warrior whenever possible with cyclones/roots (don't last long with 2 dispellers anyway).
    moment our warrior got 100 rage, paladin repentanced priest, warrior intercepts druid, pala judges druid.
    priest noticed he had to trinket at that point ---> fear priest, paladin gave me BoP, i MC'd the priest.
    druid was dead fast (doesn't stand a chance really), warrior didn't do shit but get tanked all fight.
    Note: this wasn't at any high rating (believe 1880 or smth), but all players atleast had full s3. and i can't personally tell anything they could've done better.

and for something different, get 2 rogues and a priest, and watch ur priest get his ass handed to him by those 2 rogues while ur druid is blinded/feared/mc'd. (i know it's harder in practice, but the average priest doesn't have long to live vs such a setup)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Obscuri

Lets take a common setup and use RPM. The way to play the team is very similar to a warrior druid in 2s. The mage needs to primarily sheep the priest until DR when they can get a few on the warrior.

The focus fire target must be the druid. Slow and avoid kiting from the druid so that he must go into caster form to heal himself. The priest must be mana burning when he does so. The mage is the key to this team because he needs to not only slow down the warrior but sheep the priest. If the warrior is banging on someone a bit too hard then the rogue needs to early blind the warrior.

Make sure the priest dispels all the hots and shields placed on the druid and it should be fairly straight forward