1. #1

    Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Hey, I am a hunter and play on around 2k rating with the ''cookiecutter'' hunter Druid Setup. We always used to beat Warrior druids, quite easyly, but lately I see druids playing Reallly defencive versus Hunters. They Pilar Run around a pilar till they hit aproxx... 40% then Hot up, and do it again, in the time I have to get them from 100 to 40% again they regen the mana they just wasted on the hots and lost trew the drain, so they can outlast me forever, thats the feeling I have.

    They basicly fight forever till our team makes a mistake and they can pull of a nuke on either me or the druid.
    It's like they know they cant win, cause they dont stop druid from drinking or anything, they jsut wait for us to screw up in some way...
    Which ends in 30 min games 50% of the time..

    Any way, has anyone here ran into this problem and has tought of a solution for it?

    I'dd like to hear it

    Tips from druid warrior teams are also welcome

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    euh, drop frost traps (the aoe one, i always mix the names up ) around the pillar he's humping. and have your druid feral charge + root the other druid. one of you goes clockwise around the pillar and the other goes counterclockwise.

    the moment he pops out of bear you scatter shot, viper sting, arcance shot, silencing shot. if scatter or silencing is on cooldown have the druid bash instead.

    or... wait for your cooldowns, sleep or scare beast the druid (make sure your pet stops poisoning the druid before you even consider this because he'll tick right out of the sleep if he still has poison dot's on him) and switch to his warrior ^^. have your druid help out with dps when you do. the enemy druid will be forced to come out from behind his pillar and go casterform to heal his warrior.


    If for some reason the druid can still hot himself to full without you interfering, try to cyclone him as fast as possible. his hots will run out without him getting healed from them.


  3. #3

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacristar
    euh, drop frost traps (the aoe one, i always mix the names up ) around the pillar he's humping. and have your druid feral charge + root the other druid. one of you goes clockwise around the pillar and the other goes counterclockwise.

    the moment he pops out of bear you scatter shot, viper sting, arcance shot, silencing shot. if scatter or silencing is on cooldown have the druid bash instead.

    or... wait for your cooldowns, sleep or scare beast the druid (make sure your pet stops poisoning the druid before you even consider this because he'll tick right out of the sleep if he still has poison dot's on him) and switch to his warrior ^^. have your druid help out with dps when you do. the enemy druid will be forced to come out from behind his pillar and go casterform to heal his warrior.


    If for some reason the druid can still hot himself to full without you interfering, try to cyclone him as fast as possible. his hots will run out without him getting healed from them.

    First of all is obvious that u aren t a hunter and second u are talking as if the robot warrior just sits there and do nothing

  4. #4

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Devon
    First of all is obvious that u aren t a hunter and second u are talking as if the robot warrior just sits there and do nothing
    Offcourse not, there will be less crowd control over the warrior but judging by what he told us, I think it's good advise. And I didn't play all of it out of thin air. I used to play warrior-druid occasionally with a druid friend of mine and that's some of what other hunter-druid teams did against us. Staying in bear till 40% and then healing to full simply was out of the question for us.

    And like Nelladel said, you're quick to pass judgement but you don't provide any usefull insights so please, enlighten us...

  5. #5

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Thanks, for the info. And I think its pretty usefull, it will mean the warrior is more free then otherwise, but i guess thats ok.. I used to lose the druid cause he changes form he gets unslowed, with a frostrap, this wont happen.. i hope

  6. #6

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Maycah
    Thanks, for the info. And I think its pretty usefull, it will mean the warrior is more free then otherwise, but i guess thats ok.. I used to lose the druid cause he changes form he gets unslowed, with a frostrap, this wont happen.. i hope
    Why makes u think a good druid is stupid enough to stay in ur trap? he can easely go around another pillar where u cant cast another trap because is on cd and when cd is rdy and u place another one he just runs to the next one. And gl draining him while he stays in bear form. Yea and warr have endless rage while u dont and another excelent ideea that blizz had was on nurfing drinking( who the fuck knows why they did that ) and also nerfed the scorpid and draining effects. Hunters were shits before too now they will be just useless

  7. #7

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Hey Devon, thanks for your nice reply... You might want to consider that the highest arena rated player is a hunter, and that Druid - Hunter is one of the most powerful setups in this season. If you don't believe me, go watch some movies of infinity and Cherez, about the trap thing, its is pretty hard to get out of a frost trap with entrapment, and if you just put at when the bear is at like 70-60% he cant run, out before he needs to heal...
    You overseeing that makes it clear that its not blizzard who is doing something wrong with building the hunter class, its you not using your abilities well.. wile other players do.. ever thought about that?
    Secondly, I came here with problems with my class too, and I just opened a topic and asked for help politely. Then a few hours after you show up, complaining in two different topics not asking for advise at all.. I got help your still a frustrated naab, gl with with your game

    /maycah



  8. #8

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Maycah
    Hey, I am a hunter and play on around 2k rating with the ''cookiecutter'' hunter Druid Setup. We always used to beat Warrior druids, quite easyly, but lately I see druids playing Reallly defencive versus Hunters. They Pilar Run around a pilar till they hit aproxx... 40% then Hot up, and do it again, in the time I have to get them from 100 to 40% again they regen the mana they just wasted on the hots and lost trew the drain, so they can outlast me forever, thats the feeling I have.





    Thanks
    I think u wrote this u stupid nab

  9. #9

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Yea, do your math, they have to heal at 30-40% to avoid a nuke... So if you trap at 70 - 60% you can dps the 30% when he tries to get out... Then he needs to heal and you can do your locksdown to drain as much mana as you can...

    The fact that you didnt see that proves my point... again

  10. #10

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Dude before u will get the druids mana down u wil lran out of ur own mana faster and if he knows to play he wont let u drink...Anyway lets just stop this shit i see u dont understand that druid /warr can kill hunter/druid both teams having same skills. U just fuckin watched a movie that shows hwo a pro hunter/druid pwns some nub arrow turning around warrior/druid teams. Or even worse wining against dd setups. And btw go read the patches notes u wil lsee some hunter nerfs if u didnt know about them by now

  11. #11

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Devon, if the Hunter knows how to play decently, they will not lose to a Warrior/Druid. I heard the Poison stack got nerf'd to one(I haven't paid for my account yet, so I can't confirm this personally.) If that's true, then they have a better chance at beating a Hunter/Druid, even then, it's still a long shot ~ Oh and DR on IWC/Entrapment? I guess IWC/Entrapment was far better than lolmacestun, crip poison, spamstring, which last time I checked, didn't have any DR.

  12. #12

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Isn't hunter druid team suppose to nuke the warrior while druid his humping pillars etc?

  13. #13

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    As a warrior myself, I can recommend that you go all out on warrior if you are sure to bring him down -> you need to lockdown the dudu right before he uses some hots or else a warrior full of rage will cause you a lot of trouble. Second option is you cc the warrior, he has only one (yea the trinket) get-out-of-free-card. Use traps, cyclone, entangling roots whatever you have and force the dudu to heal himself. This way you'll have him spend his mana on himself rather than the dpsing partner, also you have the chance to burn him down a bit. I ran on the entry levels however, being too low on gear so I'm not so sure how it works up there in 2ks. Usually I was in 2dps grps and any outhealer duo was a pain tbh. So don't let him heal & keep the warr on control with no rage whatsoever. And lastly a final tip, it always makes a great advantage to get the opening in 2v2.

  14. #14
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece, EU
    Posts
    136

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Maycah
    Hey, I am a hunter and play on around 2k rating with the ''cookiecutter'' hunter Druid Setup. We always used to beat Warrior druids, quite easyly, but lately I see druids playing Reallly defencive versus Hunters. They Pilar Run around a pilar till they hit aproxx... 40% then Hot up, and do it again, in the time I have to get them from 100 to 40% again they regen the mana they just wasted on the hots and lost trew the drain, so they can outlast me forever, thats the feeling I have.

    They basicly fight forever till our team makes a mistake and they can pull of a nuke on either me or the druid.
    It's like they know they cant win, cause they dont stop druid from drinking or anything, they jsut wait for us to screw up in some way...
    Which ends in 30 min games 50% of the time..

    Any way, has anyone here ran into this problem and has tought of a solution for it?

    I'dd like to hear it

    Tips from druid warrior teams are also welcome

    Thanks
    Oh man, this sounds exactly like what i was doing with my warrior friend to all druid-hunter/warrior teams. Yeah this is the only way to beat up teams like yours or druid/warrior.
    With hunter i was doing something more crazy. That makes the fight extremely easier. I was trying to slow him down and always be in melee range of him (earthbind totem and frost shock and frostbrand buff on weapon, as Resto Shaman). It really isn't difficult. The drop in his dps is significant and correct use of grounding totem and Line of sight just turns the game to our side.

    As i see it, vs warrior/druid you should do what they do and give more focus on warrior when he is in mid range. This way his druid will come out to heal and u can throw him your viper sting (pff) and make it a drain fight i guess. If your druid never lets you under 70% and if you never use all your cooldowns together you can last also forever.

  15. #15

    Re: Hunter Druid - Warrior Druid

    make sure your viper sting is timed with feral charge and bash, as silence doesn't prevent druids to shapeshift out of them.
    My Rogue
    altoholic since 2000 (Diablo II release)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •