Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    Quote Originally Posted by Argaus
    Hello,

    I've been playing either a Resto Shaman or Prot Warrior for 2 years now. Our guild has enough tanks and healers for Kara. In fact, I could start lvling an alt so that another person could take my spot as a a tank in Kara.

    My question is this: Which class/spec has the most utility in Kara and/or ZA.

    This will probably be as far as we get pre-WotLK and I am fine with that.

    Thank you all.

    And BTW, WoW forums do suck! Almost as bad as those pink headed freaks the dev's labeled "Gnomes"
    Kara is divided in 2 groups. Your tank/OT group and your DPS group (if you are geared, you should run with only 2 healers, else most likely you will have 3)

    Group1
    - Tank
    - OT
    - Physical DPS
    - Physical DPS
    - Physical DPS or Healer

    Group2
    - Caster DPS
    - Caster DPS
    - Caster DPS
    - Healer
    - Healer



    I consider best group setup to be

    Group1
    - Protadin
    - Feral
    - Retadin
    - Enh Shaman
    - Resto Shaman

    Group2
    - Moonkin
    - Mage
    - Warlock
    - Healadin
    - Elemental Shaman

    This group setup bring:

    Melee buff to melee
    Caster buff to caster
    3x Blessings (BoW/BoM, BoK, Salv/Light)
    3x Judgment (JoC, JoW, JoL) this make everything so easy
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  2. #42

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Kara is divided in 2 groups. Your tank/OT group and your DPS group (if you are geared, you should run with only 2 healers, else most likely you will have 3)

    Group1
    - Tank
    - OT
    - Physical DPS
    - Physical DPS
    - Physical DPS or Healer

    Group2
    - Caster DPS
    - Caster DPS
    - Caster DPS
    - Healer
    - Healer



    I consider best group setup to be

    Group1
    - Protadin
    - Feral
    - Retadin
    - Enh Shaman
    - Rogue/Hunter/2nd Enh Shaman

    Group2
    - Moonkin
    - Mage
    - Warlock
    - Healadin
    - Resto Shaman

    This group setup bring:

    Melee buff to melee
    Caster buff to caster
    3x Blessings (BoW/BoM, BoK, Salv/Light)
    3x Judgment (JoC, JoW, JoL) this make everything so easy
    Nah. Drop the Retadin from 1st group and put a Rogue in his place. For the last spot in Group 1, put the Resto Shaman from group 2 in it and an Elemental Shaman in the last slot in group 2 that you made by moving the Resto Shaman out and into Group 1. That way, you have melee support totems for group 1 (and chain heal love) and caster support totems for group 2 & Bloodlust for both groups. We run a similar setup (as to what I just described) and we just burn through Kara in no time flat with virtually no deaths and virtually no aggro issues (other than the occasional Warlock "OMFG 12k x3 SB crit string")

  3. #43

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    Nah. Drop the Retadin from 1st group and put a Rogue in his place. For the last spot in Group 1, put the Resto Shaman from group 2 in it and an Elemental Shaman in the last slot in group 2 that you made by moving the Resto Shaman out and into Group 1. That way, you have melee support totems for group 1 (and chain heal love) and caster support totems for group 2 & Bloodlust for both groups. We run a similar setup (as to what I just described) and we just burn through Kara in no time flat with virtually no deaths and virtually no aggro issues (other than the occasional Warlock "OMFG 12k x3 SB crit string")
    I will take a retadin over a rogue. 1 extra blessing + dmg buff to group + refresh all judgement + decent DPS > Rogue

    Ah damn this is what i was missing, an elemental shaman. gonna edit da post
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  4. #44

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    I will take a retadin over a rogue. 1 extra blessing + dmg buff to group + refresh all judgement + decent DPS > Rogue

    Ah damn this is what i was missing, an elemental shaman. gonna edit da post
    Retadin's bring some features that're nice (any extra blessings/auras are always nice to have), but there's simply too much extra stuff that other classes can bring to the group that I think are better for a 10 man raid. In fact....I'm almost willing to say a....*gasp* Balance Druid would fit a lot better than a Retadin in a 10 man raid such as Kara.

  5. #45

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    This thread is full of great laughs.
    http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg198/asbyo/Punkinz.jpg

  6. #46

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    Little back on topic,

    I've tanked Kara full run in 3 epics rest blues with healers around 1.4k healing and I would say average dps. If your still stuck in Kara and you have full epics your healers need to get on all ball and catch up, because if your guild has the player base you should start progressing. I'd say stick with the MT and start doing gruul's and mags and jump right on in to real progression in a couple weeks with SSC/TK. If your fully epic'd out from Kara start looking for pug gruul runs, they happen on my server all the time and I usually hop in just to see some new people and hope for a decent raiding time. Being the MT is one of the crucial parts of the raid and I feel its either you or the healers who are holding your guild back from major progression.

  7. #47

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    Dont forget the ShadowP gotta love their dps + kara is fully of UDs great CC xD
    Common fraise to the Paladin: Dude isnt that a dress?

  8. #48

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Needing CC in kara only means your tanks and DPS are shit.
    Well a starting kara guild might have trouble finding a tank whom can tank every trash they meet... + the fact that CC helps your healers alot 2 they dont have to have a mana pause every 3 min or so
    Common fraise to the Paladin: Dude isnt that a dress?

  9. #49

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    Yup. For guilds just starting Kara fresh (virtually no badge gear and S1 PVP gear is about as good as it gets), you have to do things more "By the Book". So whatever Crowd Control, Traditional Tanks, Tradition Heals, ect will have to be enforced in most cases until the gear/talent fleshes itself out. But once experience is there and the gear improves, then you get to have fun in Kara.

  10. #50

    Re: DPS/CC in Karazhan

    Record was kara with a feral MT, myself as arms warr OT, and 1 resto druid healer with a spriest for mana battery. Rest of dps was mostly alts, and a nub of a T6 rogue who kept pulling aggro :P. Managed to clear it in slightly over 2 hrs, would have gone better with better dpsers though.
    That said, if you're just starting kara, a priest would be good for shackles. The rest is just gravy. Good to have some decurses, pally for BoSac on maiden, lock to spam SoC on illhoof, etc


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •