S4 Items, Arena Feedback, WoW TCG, Comic

Update 15:00 CEST - Added a nice way to tweak graphics, see below.

Make WoW nicer with a few console commands
    As surprising as it sounds, some people found a way to make WoW look nicer just by typing a few console commands. The best way to do that would be to create a macro with the following commands.

/console groundEffectDensity 256
    /console groundEffectDist 140
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 100
    /console horizonfarclip 2112
    /console farclip 777
    /console characterAmbient 0
    /console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3

Obviously, it will probably lower your framerate a little and you can revert the changes by typing the following :

/console groundEffectDensity 16
    /console groundEffectDist 1
    /console horizonfarclip 1305
    /console farclip 177
    /console characterAmbient 1
    /console smallcull 1
    /console skycloudlod 1
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 1

Season 4 - 2 More items
    Another day, another batch of season 4 items activated on servers because of a few errors made by GMs. This time we've got a preview of the Warlock and Druid sets, note that some of the names have been blurred to prevent these people from receiving a hundred of whisps each hour. (And actually, I don't think any of them still have the items)

Today's Additions
    Druid
    [Brutal Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves]

Warlock
    [Brutal Gladiator's Felweave Amice]

Older screenshots
    Very important note : Most of these items have "outdated" stats, the armor on the sets should be slightly higher. The only armor set up-to-date with the latest version of the PTR is the Paladin one. Keep in mind that all of them are from PTRs and could have been changed since then.

Weapons
    [Brutal Gladiator's Greatsword]

Druid
    [Brutal Gladiator's Dragonhide Tunic], [Brutal Gladiator's Kodohide Tunic], [Brutal Gladiator's Wyrmhide Tunic]

Paladin
    [Brutal Gladiator's Scaled Chestpiece], [Brutal Gladiator's Scaled Gauntlets], [Brutal Gladiator's Scaled Shoulders], [Brutal Gladiator's Scaled Legguards], [Brutal Gladiator's Scaled Helm], [Guardian's Scaled Belt], [Guardian's Scaled Bracers], [Guardian's Scaled Greaves]
    [Brutal Gladiator's Ornamented Chestguard], Brutal Gladiator's Ornamented Spaulders

Priest
    [Brutal Gladiator's Mooncloth Mantle]
    Brutal Gladiator's Satin Robe, Brutal Gladiator's Satin Hood

Warrior
    [Brutal Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece], [Brutal Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets], [Brutal Gladiator's Plate Helm], [Brutal Gladiator's Plate Legguards], [Brutal Gladiator's Plate Shoulders]

Arena Wait Times - Feedback
    Originally Posted by Drysc (Blue Tracker)
    Since the release of the 2.4 patch we've been working to tighten up the changes made to help address longer wait times when attempting to get into an arena match. While we're fairly certain it's been successful, we'd like your feedback relating to the wait times, how they were before the patch and how they've been lately.

As our changes have been continual since patch 2.4, please only leave feedback if you've played in the last week.

Arena Tournament posts
    Nothing really interesting but ... better than nothing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

No. If you registered for the First Qualification Round you will play until the end of that round. You will only need to register again to continue playing after the First Qualifier is completed and the Second Qualifier is beginning. (Source)

Hey i was wondering if there was any place to see who's like the top threes top twos and top fives?
    Yes - characters, ladders, and all the regular stats you see on the Armory should be available for the Tournament Realms now. If something is missing, let us know and we'll try to resolve it. (Source)

"Servants of the Betrayer" Becomes Third World of Warcraft TCG Set to Sell-Out in the U.S.
    Continuing to remain one of the top trading card games (TCG) in the industry, Upper Deck Entertainment (UDE) is pleased to announce today that the U.S. version of the World of Warcraft® TCG’s expansion set, Servants of the Betrayer™, is sold-out! Servants of the Betrayer is the third English-language set in the TCG series to be sold out since the game’s debut in 2006, joining Fires of Outland™ and Feast of Winter Veil™ in a line of sold-out sets.

Featuring brand-new, highly sought-after Loot™ card items (which provides unique cosmetic upgrades to online characters), it’s no wonder Servants of the Betrayer has sold out quantities in the U.S. The set’s Loot card items include: an epic X-51 Nether-Rocket flying mount, which allows players to fly through the skies of Outland; a Personalized Weather Maker, which gives players their very own weather system ranging from sunshine and rain, to snow; and the first-ever Super Common Loot card, Papa Hummel’s Old Fashion Biscuits, which allows lucky players to double the size of their cosmetic pet!

In addition to the uniquely coded Loot cards, Servants of the Betrayer also features Traitor Heroes, Aldor and Scryer quests, and unreleased abilities for players’ decks. Each pack includes 19 game play cards and 1 UDE Point card. The set becomes the fifth booster set in the World of Warcraft TCG series.

Players can look forward to the next expansion set in the TCG series, The Hunt of Illidan™ (July 2008) and the new Black Temple™ Raid Decks (September 2008),which will feature a new 12-card new Treasure Pack, and for the first time ever, expanded tournament-legal content in the Raid Deck.

For more information on Servants of the Betrayer, the World of Warcraft TCG and its Organized Play Programs, please log onto www.wowtcg.com or www.upperdeckstore.com.

Comics
    A new comic has been added to the official site.

Re: S4 Items, Arena Feedback, WoW TCG, Comic

1st reply

&nd 2nd

The warlock shoulders in comparison to the priest robe and hood.... every cloth wearer is going to look very similar in S4. Which is the suck. The reuse of models and textures is my biggest with WoW outside of class balance.

Cant see any rating requirements yet on the shoulders`??

More plants... let me be the first to say "whoopdy doo Basil".

Quote Originally Posted by Lavok
    Cant see any rating requirements yet on the shoulders`??
    yeah i found that odd too...

The commands to revert the effects make WoW loke even worse, than before. Now I nearly have no plants at all and everything looks extremly ugly.

Does anyone know how to bring the effects back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Flauwy
    The commands to revert the effects make WoW loke even worse, than before. Now I nearly have no plants at all and everything looks extremly ugly.

try the gui button "restore defaults" under video settings.

I'm starting to think that these GM mistakes are less and less of a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Flauwy

try deleting your WTF\Config.wtf folder

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike
    I'm starting to think that these GM mistakes are less and less of a coincidence.
    agreed... two items every time? very odd.

They're not from the same servers, and there are more of them.

Actually, if you look at the druid's screenshot you'll notice 3 piece of Season 4 armor, sadly they're not "available" on the server anymore ^^

about the /console commands :

isn't that just the same thing as modify the display settings in the video menu ?

or is this a way to increase these settings more than you can via the menu ?

druid-set looks very ugly :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Clausm
    druid-set looks very ugly :-\
    I find it quite nice to be honest. Even tho it's 1:1 with the rogue set it is VERY different from all other druid sets. Which I like. 6 consecutive nature themed sets give a headache.
    I mean look at the pally one. 1 I love books set, 1 meanest guy in the universe set, 2 power rangers sets, etc. :]]

Quote Originally Posted by Skalu
    about the /console commands :

isn't that just the same thing as modify the display settings in the video menu ?

or is this a way to increase these settings more than you can via the menu ?
    The settings are above the max settings in the video menu.

So, where's the "Requires 2200 personal rating" ??

How are rendering changes that change FR too anything new?

If they make the ratings so high, they shouldn't make re-colored sets, make some unique sets to match the eliteness.

Have to thank you guys a ton for posting the console commands. I have been having a terrible video card lag issue that should never have been happening with the card I have in my laptop. I tried everything with this card, low settings, high settings, new drivers, everything. HP even replaced my motherboard and heatsync fan trying to help me. Nothing worked.

These commands plus smooth mouse saved me from throwing my computer out of a window. Many, many thanks!
    I guess my brain will never work right. At least I’m pretty.