Page 1 of 2
LastLast

All resilience is doing is making healers more and more overpowered :(

Blizzard have already designed healers to be more powerful than dps because of the 2 for 1 (healing against spelldamage) (not talking about 1v1 here) I guess this one done to encourage people to pick healers for their chars and to stop everyone being dps. As every season starts, it brings everyone more and more resilience till they hit the cap. Being a mage myself, my increase in resilience is being countered by the increase in resilience in the person I am attacking, however healers gain more and more advantage the more resilience everyone has as it becomes easier and easier to heal themselves and others.

Because of this, for example in 2v2 at the top end , it is all healer/dps combos (yes I know some mage/rogues run high but they arnt so many), blizzard are trying to balance classes in 2v2 but arnt even thinking of balancing healer vs dps which they should.

Healers are now so powerful, I can now be beat by certain spec healers 1v1 :S and im a 1900 rated frost mage (2v2) so i know what im doing, personally I think the game needs a slight redesign. Is it right a blue/green level 70 healer can heal someone else for more than I can dps them down being full epic?

My thoughts are cut healing bonuses by one third. If u think that is too much, maybe cut heal bonuses by 1 third and get rid of 50% healing debuffs. (of course this could only be implemented in the expansion as lvl 70 things couldnt be redesigned).

Your thoughts?

Jane.

(Why do I only pvp in a pve designed game :S)

Re: All resilience is doing is making healers more and more overpowered :(

Quote Originally Posted by halicraft
    and im a 1900 rated frost mage (2v2) so i know what im doing
    1900 mean that you know what you are doing? yeah...right...

Actually healing is getting harder and harder

140 dps 2hander in s4.

Blizzard have already designed healers to be more powerful than dps because of the 2 for 1 (healing against spelldamage) (not talking about 1v1 here) I guess this one done to encourage people to pick healers for their chars and to stop everyone being dps. As every season starts, it brings everyone more and more resilience till they hit the cap. Being a mage myself, my increase in resilience is being countered by the increase in resilience in the person I am attacking, however healers gain more and more advantage the more resilience everyone has as it becomes easier and easier to heal themselves and others.

Because of this, for example in 2v2 at the top end , it is all healer/dps combos (yes I know some mage/rogues run high but they arnt so many), blizzard are trying to balance classes in 2v2 but arnt even thinking of balancing healer vs dps which they should.

Healers are now so powerful, I can now be beat by certain spec healers 1v1 :S and im a 1900 rated frost mage (2v2) so i know what im doing, personally I think the game needs a slight redesign. Is it right a blue/green level 70 healer can heal someone else for more than I can dps them down being full epic?

My thoughts are cut healing bonuses by one third. If u think that is too much, maybe cut heal bonuses by 1 third and get rid of 50% healing debuffs. (of course this could only be implemented in the expansion as lvl 70 things couldnt be redesigned).

Your thoughts?

Jane.

(Why do I only pvp in a pve designed game :S)
    Try attacking the blue geared healer and not the person he's healing.... you will find that much easier.

And seriously with the amount of CC and control mages have you really have no room for talking, if you dont have the skill to counterspell heals and lock down a healer then im really surprised you are in a 1900 rated team.

Quote Originally Posted by Meggruk
    1900 mean that you know what you are doing? yeah...right...
    well technically yeah, rated 1978 means i know my class as well as a 2200 rated resto druid if u want the percentages !!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker142
    Try attacking the blue geared healer and not the person he's healing.... you will find that much easier.

And seriously with the amount of CC and control mages have you really have no room for talking, if you dont have the skill to counterspell heals and lock down a healer then im really surprised you are in a 1900 rated team.

That was to make a point, didnt actually happen !!!! plus I would have thought you would be supporting my case having a warrior, cus without a healer to back them up they are broken class

Gotta love how everyone attacks the person on MMO , everyone insecure here?

Quote Originally Posted by nexonion
    Actually healing is getting harder and harder

140 dps 2hander in s4.
    Extra armor and healing bonuses will far outway weapon dps in S4

Please please dont post a reply about me being a mage, Mages have it easier that alot of combos, most dps combos for 2v2 dont work, this thread is about all dps classes , not about how I play my mage

You sir, OP, are quite the fail mage.

You must have a really good healer carrying you to 1900.

Yeah the less than 100 armor increase on items will surely outrule hunters / rogues / warriors (just to name the typical zerg-classes) damage as they have more than 1k armor penetration + executioner.

WoW just wow .... A Mage QQing about healers u are the fail im a resto shaman and 1 move COUNTERSPELL how u made it to 1900 i dont know but lol mages tear me apart in 2s because of sheep then counterspell im out of it for a few seconds

completly agree

Quote Originally Posted by DXStriker
    WoW just wow .... A Mage QQing about healers u are the fail im a resto shaman and 1 move COUNTERSPELL how u made it to 1900 i dont know but lol mages tear me apart in 2s because of sheep then counterspell im out of it for a few seconds
    he could have been referring to other healing classes ;-)
    disc priests & restodruids have a harder time dieing. (druid: silence, shapeshift, no shatter, no burst )

pallies must be bursted down twice (unless he tries to heal in the first burst), so no biggy either
    My Rogue
    altoholic since 2000 (Diablo II release)

mages have never been properly able to nuke down a healing class any better then they do now...
    resillience didn't change anything to that.

and like others have said; l2sheep / silence

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Obscuri

As every season starts, it brings everyone more and more resilience till they hit the cap.
    You mean.. the difference of 6 resilience between full season 1 and full season 3?

You're so right, only about 27 more seasons and you will hit the cap without gems!

you fail !

Last time I checked CS got 24sec cooldown, sheep is 10sec and loosing its effect everytime till 5 when you're immune.
    And you're saying l2p sheep and silence? I think every healer class something to counter it and outheal the damage from mages/other dps.

hahahahaha o laaawd

Quote Originally Posted by Nicarras
    You sir, OP, are quite the fail mage.

You must have a really good healer carrying you to 1900.

Firstly my name is Jane, so you would guess i was madam? secondly you don't know anything about me so you just slag people off for no reason? Thirdly my thread is about dps combos, so dont you think my partner is also dps?? (healer/mage combos dont run so well)

You sir are quite the idiot !!

Quote Originally Posted by Phixor
    Yeah the less than 100 armor increase on items will surely outrule hunters / rogues / warriors (just to name the typical zerg-classes) damage as they have more than 1k armor penetration + executioner.
    Rogues and hunters don't have executioner. Neither do hunters or warriors have more than 1000 armor penetration. They don't even have 500.