Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Season 4 Rating Requirements and Arena Change

Sure they are welfare epics but any pve guild that has cleared sunwell can basicly giveaway the items if they would like to, when will they do anything about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    Im a she tho, not that it matters just that.. Yeah, i dont have a thingie!

No more team hopping point farmers, yay!
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

I like the fact they are forcing people to actually try. This also will force people who just hit 70 to bg their butts off so they have a chance at new gear, unless they want to settle with s3.

As for not seeing low rated players in full s4, you probably will see people buying their way into teams just to get basic pieces. I know I have faced a ton of players in BG-Ruin in full s3 and 1) they were horrible players 2) when checking on armory they didn't have 1 arena team. :|

I might need a bg change, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryk
    Sure they are welfare epics but any pve guild that has cleared sunwell can basicly giveaway the items if they would like to, when will they do anything about that?
    Yeah, you can buy T5/6 drops on my server for less than what it costs for a week of Arena points. Never mind the fact it takes pretty much 2 weeks to get most S3 gear with points. Only advantage is that Arena matches are quicker done than a BT/MH clear.

Word Blizz, and on my birthday ;D

Phoulmouth

"To help ensure that the challenge in obtaining these items stays true to those achieving these ratings, we'll also be implementing new rules with an upcoming patch to curb practices that undermine the core concepts of the arena system. These rules are as follows:

* If a character’s personal rating is more than 150 points below the team rating, they will earn points based on their personal rating instead of the team rating.

This means that a player cannot join a highly rated team and begin earning points based purely on the pre-established rating of the team before they joined it. They'll need to compete, improve, and gain a personal rating worthy of the points they would receive.

* If the average personal rating of the players queuing for a game is more than 150 points below the team’s rating, the team will be queued against an opponent matching or similar to the average personal rating."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I LOVE IT! No more selling points!!!!!

Looks pretty good to me - no complaints here

Quote Originally Posted by GPTurismo

As for not seeing low rated players in full s4, you probably will see people buying their way into teams just to get basic pieces. I know I have faced a ton of players in BG-Ruin in full s3 and 1) they were horrible players 2) when checking on armory they didn't have 1 arena team. :|

I might need a bg change, lol.
    I'm on Ruin as well and the majority of the players you see in full s3 are point sellers. You're always going to see bad players with good gear whether it be PvE or PvP it's just part of the game - but those are the teams that are beatable.

If Arenas are being changed to "keep on the same level as 25 man Raids," then
    I officially want to see them cut out of PVE servers. It's a drain on our already
    limited resources and you can't put the same kind of time into Arena and Raiding
    at once. For a PVE server, all the arenas and PVP are just a distraction and
    directly counter to the point of the whole server at this time.

Take them away, give Raiders back our resources, and stop trying to make
    PVPers compete with Raiders on a non-PVP server.

I agree with the new ratings system, but I do not think there should be any remnants of rating left on S3 pieces when S4 hits. I want to keep terrible players from leeching the best gear, not keep new players or characters out of competition entirely.

And the honor items? Good lord. I now feel guilty for my past tirades about this if it winds up taking a boot to the entire notion of casual PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by highwind
    And I think people shouldnt get sunwell-level gear for killing computer enemys 10 hours a week from tactics they copied from nihilum or whom else...

But greedy Blizzards surely cares neither for ur nor for my opinion, so who cares.

Well, seems they dont want me to pay 13 bucks a month and 35 bucks for the expansion... summer is calling anyway, hopefully my complette s3 warrior gives me atleast half the money for a 2 weeks ibiza vacation
    Looks like another butthurt 1300 rating team player.

PvE is a lot harder than that. PvP now requires skill. Good luck in Runescape.

i only hope we will not continu to face full s3/s4 in 1600 bracket

I think it'll be interesting how it affects the casual gamers. I can see many people falling off completely. With no chance to get pvp epics and or raid 25 mans there will be nothing to do except for dailies i guess. Unfortunately most of my friends are casuals, and they are slowly leaving the game as it is.

Also on the flip, as a new 70 how are you supposed to compete? The pvp blues are a joke, and I'll have to grind my eyeballs out for S2, and waste all my arena pts on S3. So at this rate my lock will never get S4. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    I agree with the new ratings system, but I do not think there should be any remnants of rating left on S3 pieces when S4 hits. I want to keep terrible players from leeching the best gear, not keep new players or characters out of competition entirely.
    Let's just pray there is always a good set available for the newcomers then. But then again, how will they manage that in WotlK? They sure as hell wont start with three seasons gear right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus
    This doesn't solve the fact that certain comps (you know what they are) are going to get these a lot faster than people who actually enjoying playing their class and want to compete.
    So then either reroll or stop QQing. Blizzard already stated that every class is not equal and everyone has the option to play any class they want. If you don't want to play one of these "imba" classes then that's your problem, so stop crying.

Good, There are enough bad players with shoulders nows...

First of all, THX BLIZZ AT LAST! <3

Second of all, always fun to see all the pve fags saying "/cry so easy to PvP, remove the welfare pvp gear"
    Okay, honor parts is welfare gear, but rating req isnt. And PvP will always be harder to be good at than PvE, PvP is played against real people, PvE isnt, PvP is always unpredictable, PvE every boss fight is always the same, every phase is the same.

See you in the arenas

As stated, this solves selling 800+ points a week to scrubs, but this doesn't solve the problem of power leveling teams.

A 2200+ player could join a new 2's with a decently equipped druid (hell, probably season 0.5 and a few epics would do the job) and bring that druid up pretty fast. Or in a 3s, I know double DPS equipped players could join a team (doesn't matter if they are a healer or dps) and easily bring the player's rating to at least 1800 (there's an infamous warrior/enhance shaman duo on my server who do this).

The new 150 point rule should also apply to people with personal ratings 150 greater than the team, take the team average and then decide the match.
    BAMF.

Thank you Blizzard, finally!

The bottom end might fall out in this last season but what's the issue there? It's clearly the final season before WOLTK comes out and we'll see serious players going against other similar players. Yeah yeah about certain comps having the advantage, but IMO not all comps should be equal only every class (not every spec of every class) should have a good comp they can use.

Really nice changes, wonder if:

In addition, some of the Season 4 quality items that will be purchasable with honor will also carry a personal and team arena rating requirement:
    Trinket: none

means they will be adding yet another new trinket with season 4.