Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting a Shiny New Interface!

Hey there,

I'm pretty new to healing and, as I was previously a mage, my UI was pretty clogged up with addons that watched DPS, enhanced DPS and everything else to do with DPS. But now, I'm pretty stuck. I was looking for some experienced and skilled healers who could tell me the addons that are necessary for Resto Shaman and Healers in general for raiding. Also what addon is best for getting a simply laid out, tidy UI.

Thanks for your help!

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Getting a Shiny New Interface!

So i'm a priest, raiding MH (Clear) and BT 7/9. Is that experienced enough? ^^

I think the addons that are most valuable to me as a healer are:

- Grid (simple, but highly configurable raid frame)
    - Clique (Clickcasting via hotkeys, for example i use STRG + Leftmouse for a flashheal, right mouse for greater heal, works on grid unit frames, no switching targets !)
    - Omen (just because everybody needs it)
    - oRa2 (Cooldown and rezz monitor - contra: every healer needs to use it (or at least the lib?) for it to work)
    - DrDamage (shows estimated heals on your buttons, good for downranking)

Anything else is just for cosmetic purposes. Some people like to have "Decursive" or something like that. For myself, i let grid show me if there are debuffs i can dispell and with a single rightclick on the grid frame they are dispelled via Clique.

My UI: http://epochenkampf.lima-city.de/dre...venarauiv2.jpg

Venara
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Venara

- Clique (Clickcasting via hotkeys, for example i use STRG + Leftmouse for a flashheal, right mouse for greater heal, works on grid unit frames, no switching targets !)
    - oRa2 (Cooldown and rezz monitor - contra: every healer needs to use it (or at least the lib?) for it to work)

Anything else is just for cosmetic purposes. Some people like to have "Decursive" or something like that. For myself, i let grid show me if there are debuffs i can dispell and with a single rightclick on the grid frame they are dispelled via Clique.

Venara

I love your UI.
    What Unitframes is that? AG Unit Frames or whatever its called?

15+ Year Old Account

Its "Pitbull".

Wow, beautiful UI. Very clean.

I am, of course, going to copy you!
    My UI needed a facelift anyways.

I couldn't figure out what bar replacement you used, what is it?
    And where can I acquire the nifty display in the top left corner? Nothing says e-peen like your +healing in big letters, me wants!
    Is the consumable counter part of your bar addon, or something else?
    and what is the backdrop in the bottom middle of the screen, behind your chat and main spell bar?

Thanks in advance,

Thurne

Clique or Click2Cast really isn't necessary imo. just do a mouseover macro.

Also having Recount tracking the DTPS of MT or the raid can help abit so you dont throw some unnecessary heals.

Here's my UI if your intressested http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/12107/ (Based upon Duke's UI)

You just need to disable Grid's function to show Curses/Magic since you'r not able to dispell them anyway.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kentei
    Clique or Click2Cast really isn't necessary imo. just do a mouseover macro.

Also having Recount tracking the DTPS of MT or the raid can help abit so you dont throw some unnecessary heals.

Here's my UI if your intressested http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/12107/ (Based upon Duke's UI)

You just need to disable Grid's function to show Curses/Magic since you'r not able to dispell them anyway.
    Ya, right, i'm gonna click a macro each time i wana heal...ahmm, NO? Clique is for avoiding just that because a single mouseclick on a unitframe is enough to cast a heal.

Ya, right, i'm gonna click a macro each time i wana heal...ahmm, NO? Clique is for avoiding just that because a single mouseclick on a unitframe is enough to cast a heal.
    What's the addon that shows how much healing and/or how much damage your spells does, on the icon?

Venara
    Venara.. you really dont wanna Upload your ui.. LOOKS perfect for me :S

So im pretty sure Venara has the sickest UI ive ever seen, thats baller

Venara isn't answering questions because we are all being idiots:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...74688#msg74688

the original post where all addons are listed. plunder at will.

My personal opinion is the only add on you need as a healer is grid. I use others but for the healing aspect that is all I think you should need. Personally mouse over macros and clique dont seem needed to me, for some people it works but you certainly can do without it. I am 3/6 SWP and cleared everything before that and clicking around grid has never been an issue. Here is my UI:

I've seen that post, but i still can't figure out what addon it is that makes the damage/healing show on the icons.. : (

No, you simply bind the macro to your desired mousebutton as you did with clique. Clique is not needed at all.

I have a priest and simple mouseover macros binding to my mouse buttons are alot more efficient. Macros that determine help/harm targets are best. Saves alot of room on your UI. No need for buttons you have binded to macros to be displayed on ui.

Why have left and right mouse buttons binded to 1 spell, when you can have one button do both spells with a simple shift key as modifier? My opinion avoid Clique and look into priest macros.

the one that shows estimated heals/damage on spell buttons?
    DrDamage

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morphiend
    No, you simply bind the macro to your desired mousebutton as you did with clique. Clique is not needed at all.

I have a priest and simple mouseover macros binding to my mouse buttons are alot more efficient. Macros that determine help/harm targets are best. Saves alot of room on your UI. No need for buttons you have binded to macros to be displayed on ui.

Why have left and right mouse buttons binded to 1 spell, when you can have one button do both spells with a simple shift key as modifier? My opinion avoid Clique and look into priest macros.
    Did you really look into Clique?

My left mouse isn't bound to trigger only one spell. See, i'm playing with the arrow keys to move my character. My left mouse does 3 different actions depending on if i hold shift, ctrl, or numpad 0. Same for my right mouse and middle mouse, except that the right mouse without any modifier is also bound to "Dispel Magic".

Let's just say this:

If you're binding spells only for healing purposes you can either use macros or Clique, since Clique does the same as a macro, without creating any macros.

But if you're binding both, healing and damaging spell on the same key combination you should be using macros. For example binding "Smite" and "Greater Heal" to shift + left mouse. Using Clique this would not work. Using a macro hat determines harm/help it is possible.

Clique is a nice addon to do the nasty macro creating stuff for you if you only need it for either healing or damage. But macros are good if you wanna do both.

@ Above posters:

Actually i would've answered you're questions now, i just forgot to look into this thread for some time And yeah, the damage / healing stuff is DrDamage.

If you wanna download my UI send me a PM.

Actually Clique has helpful/harmful built right in to it. It easily does both. You can set a click to be something for either (ie holy shock for pallies). All you have to do is click on the drop down at the top and select "Helpful actions" or "Harmful actions"... the "Default actions" set is for having it be both helpful and harmful. You can even have different spells bound for out of combat with the "Out of combat" set.

Not only that but you can set it to run a custom macro. It pretty much does everything. I find its super useful for healing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by catj
    Actually Clique has helpful/harmful built right in to it. It easily does both. You can set a click to be something for either (ie holy shock for pallies). All you have to do is click on the drop down at the top and select "Helpful actions" or "Harmful actions"... the "Default actions" set is for having it be both helpful and harmful. You can even have different spells bound for out of combat with the "Out of combat" set.

Not only that but you can set it to run a custom macro. It pretty much does everything. I find its super useful for healing.
    /agree

Looked a little deeper into Clique and found that as well. Was just about to post it. Anyways, this post also increases my post counter, so no need to worry

since your a shaman you'll need an addon for your totems aswell.. myself i would say Numen and Enhancer for that. best out there imo.
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

Im a Resto druid of 2 years... i just use threat meters... and drag my bars out... i used to use xperl... Its not hard to just click the name and click the heal or number.. No mods are really needed cept Deadly Boss Mods, Omen Threat Meter... and any mod like atlas loot enhanced that are just fun to have....