Thread: Hyjal.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hyjal.

Okay, I'm back (Old thread) We did our run to Hyjal today but in lack of people we invited some Socials.. We had one guy that've done this before so...

On our first try on the trash we got to the 7th wave and then we wiped cuz of too many mobs.

Second try we made all trash and came to boss with 12 ppl alive, aswell as we still had som trash from the 8th wave alive. We got Rage to 55%..

What should we do with the trash so we get them down before a new wave?

What's the best healing setup for this instance? We played with 3 shamans 2 priests and 3 paladins.

We're going again on Wednesday and before that I'd love some more tips about how to manage this things and get it working!

Re: Hyjal.

Tank the trash with a prot pally and bring lots of AOE. That should do it.

We had 5 mages, but didn't seem to be enough :x And we had no warlocks online tonight so we had a problem there.

Deleted

Mages are trash, make them roll warlocks.

Athaluz!! <3

We usually have about 3 mages and 3-4 warlocks for our trash. I, a mage, always top damage on this by a great amount, so maybe your mages sook. Warlocks do help alot, though. I'm not sure why your 5 mages can't handle it though ~.~...maybe a lacking of gear?

Honestly it sounds like you dont quite have the gear to be in there. We use a prot pally to tank most everything, and a warrior and druid to pull off the abominations cause of the knockdown. I think we usually have 7-8 healers at the most, maybe 3 shaman, 1 druid, 2 priest and 2 pallys. We have 2 locks and 2 mages that take care of the AOE when it comes time.

"Perfect" Cookie cutting Raid set up: 4 Tanks, 8 Healers and 5 Melee dps and 8 Ranged dps.

Protection paladins are worth their weight in gold in Hyjal, if you don't have one go and recruit.

Ensure that you engage as many of the friendly npc's as possible. As a tank I usually grab a healer and kite an abomination around entire camp. The abomination will die just around the time you finish kiting it around, leaving the npcs to join in on whatever is left.

If a wave has necromancers in it, let a tank build a few sunders worth of threat on them while the mages spam sheep. This way if they sheep breaks it wont run off and kill or put strain a healer.

Corpse run if you die! If you die half way through one wave don't wait around to get ressed. Your healers and casters need to drink between the waves or some times not have time to res. Just release and get back as quickly as possible!
    The only exception to this is if people die on the final wave, since you can't enter an instance when you're engaged in a boss encounter you'll need to res them.

2-3 Rogues can distract the boss to give you extra time to buff up people who have died or simply regen more mana.

We run 2-3 mages, and 3 (rarely 4) warlocks for AoE. We have a hunter who grabs a ghoul and kites him through the camp to get all the NPCs (This is a big help). 4-5 tanks, 1 prot pally, 2 warriors, 1-2 feral druids. Our melee group is one of the aforementioned feral druids, 2 rogues, a ret pally, and either a resto shaman or a hunter. Healers are usually 1 pally, 2 druids, 1 shaman, 3 priests, with the prot pally in healing gear for bosses.

Seriously, let a prot pally tank - it's so damn easy then. And don't depend on mages when it comes to AOE - I play a fury warrior and do equal to more AOE damage then they do. Warlock SOC all the way....

Quote Originally Posted by mulinexman
    Seriously, let a prot pally tank - it's so damn easy then. And don't depend on mages when it comes to AOE - I play a fury warrior and do equal to more AOE damage then they do. Warlock SOC all the way....
    Hahaha, this post made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedalba
    why? I can do it as arms, he can do it as fury :-*

http://wowwebstats.com/tfd6mpyaw4ypu
    http://wowwebstats.com/1x3o3hbzsxq6w

Quote Originally Posted by Creedalba
    Because you realised you know shit about the game?

So you're saying an equally geared fury warrior will do more AoE dmg than a mage?

What have you been smoking?

Bolter

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Mages are trash, make them roll warlocks.
    Ummm ok moron.....

Quote Originally Posted by mulinexman
    And don't depend on mages when it comes to AOE - I play a fury warrior and do equal to more AOE damage then they do. Warlock SOC all the way....
    You have severe problems if you believe Mages shouldnt be relied upon for AoE, and how can a Fury Warrior do equal damage to a Mage on AoE? If so your Mages need serious lessons on how to play there class or you need to stop lieing because you cant top a Mage on AoE

Yeah Prot Pallies are magic in Hyjal so grab a couple and stack a bit on Mages and Warlocks for the waves and 7-8 healers

if you wipe on first boss I dont think you have the gear to be in MH, sounds to me like one of those "we have taken Lurker and now lets take Hyjal" guilds since patch 2,4.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by insidelane
    So you're saying an equally geared fury warrior will do more AoE dmg than a mage?

What have you been smoking?
    Shyt for sure...

If youve never seen a DPS warrior own the dmg on Hyjal trash uve either never been or dont have any "decent" dps wars.

Our dps warrior ALWAYS tops damage on the trash and we have very well geared & skilled locks/mages.

So stop talking out of your arses and think before you type shit that aint right on the forums.
    "Cloak of Shadows should last for 6 months, withdraw all the money out of our attackers bank account and make their mother pregnant with a ginger child. Then it'll be overpowered"

My guild brought a mix of everything, we just single target DPS the abombs then aoe the rest

Quote Originally Posted by pOtskii
    If youve never seen a DPS warrior own the dmg on Hyjal trash uve either never been or dont have any "decent" dps wars.

Our dps warrior ALWAYS tops damage on the trash and we have very well geared & skilled locks/mages.

So stop talking out of your arses and think before you type shit that aint right on the forums.
    Well we have "decent" DPS warriors who happily put out 2k DPS on boss fights. MAges and Warlocks still rage them for DPS with a Prot Pally. Frankly if your Warriors are doing more than the casters for AoE then your casters are slacking or your Pala Tank doesn't have the TPS to let them go early enough.