Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MgT - yes or no?

Question..

I'm a lvl 70 Feral Druid, and I was wondering if I would survive in MgT or not. I haven't been to kara or above yet due to the fact that I don't have a bunch of time to play, let alone everyday. And with the attunments to kara and so on being removed, I know alot of people are just skipping it or moving on to MgT.

All my gear is blue lvl leather, and I want to know if I would make it out alive, or if I need to raid some and get better gear first. Thnx for the replies..

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: MgT - yes or no?

If you're a tank:

Well you will certainly be able to complete MgT in normal mode without any bigger problems. Larger groups of trash can be a problem for any tank or group. But you probably won't be able to tank MgT in heroic mode with a bunch of blue items. It is *not* impossible, but it will be fairly hard. I'd recommend running some other heroics to gear up (epic drops, badge rewards) or, even if you're a tank, just do the cat thingy and grab some tanking pieces that nobody else wants.

If you're a cat:

Just go in with some better geared people
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

If you are in normal You will be fine.
    It wouldnt hurt to get some kara gear tho :P

I did it with 2 of my lvl 70 (rogue and disc priest) that had no gears beside the PvP blues that you get from honored factions and I did fine in both normal and heroic. The instance is really easy.

Hardest part is the 2nd boss. And maybe 3rd boss, all depend of what your team is made of and what their team is made of.

Of course the 6 mobs trash pulls are alway a pain when you dont have a mage + a warlock... but w/e
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

I tried it with a feral tank couple days ago - we got slaughtered. He had great gear. People died because they didn't control the mobs. 2 attempts at 1st boss I was like wtf - im outahere

First time I did it with 2 mages and a crap tank - dps were hot and knew what to kill and when. it was cake. The instance is not so much about great gear as killing mobs quickly and eficiently and not trying to hit 4 things at a time.

Reminds me a lot of Slab or SH when I first did them. Seems hard as hell. then you go back on heroic thinking OMG scary place. And it's not really.

Reminds me a lot of Slab or SH when I first did them. Seems hard as hell. then you go back on heroic thinking OMG scary place. And it's not really.
    Exactly. This is a 6M instance like SL and SH.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

The DPS/CC means more than anything in MgT. As a tank, I can't tell you how many times I've seen people blaming the healer for wipes on the 2nd boss when the DPS were too slow to kill the adds.

Just don't 1/2 ass it. Be at the best gear you can be outside of that, and READ how to do each fight and what the mobs do on wowwiki.

Quote Originally Posted by hardhat1203
    Question..

I'm a lvl 70 Feral Druid, and I was wondering if I would survive in MgT or not. I haven't been to kara or above yet due to the fact that I don't have a bunch of time to play, let alone everyday. And with the attunments to kara and so on being removed, I know alot of people are just skipping it or moving on to MgT.

All my gear is blue lvl leather, and I want to know if I would make it out alive, or if I need to raid some and get better gear first. Thnx for the replies..
    i did mgt with a green geared druid with 2 items of s1(13k hp buffed in bear), you just need a good group and have easy adds on the 3º boss
    PD.- you can see the adds of the 3º from the entrance and redo the group until there arent adds like the dagger rogue or the warrior(these adds enjoy killing the healer and the cloth of your group)

1 2 testing

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    I tried it with a feral tank couple days ago - we got slaughtered. He had great gear. People died because they didn't control the mobs. 2 attempts at 1st boss I was like wtf - im outahere
    5 friends of mine, on their first Heroic run were a bit too cocky at boss 1, the warrior and 2 rogues got locked in, the priest got locked out. They killed him with no problems despite being out of LoS for heals. How the hell did you take multiple tries on the first boss? Boss 2 would be a different story, but boss 1? /mind boggle

To answer OP, you could tank it normal so long as you're crit immune, grab 103 resilience and go for it. Heroic is where it starts to get hard, the 6-mob pulls, with 3-4 of them dishing out magical damage will make a mockery of your hp as they simply ignore your armour (you know that already, but I said it anyway). But, with enough CC you should be able to pull it off.

MgT is ALL about crowd control. Heroic MgT is all about crowd control AND great gear (don't even think about running it if you don't have at least T4-style gear).

Now, if you can manage crowd control AND you can run any previous 5 man instance without any troubles as a tank, then you'll be fine. But, I can't tell you enough that Magisters Terrace is BRUTAL to folks that think they can just overpower the place with more dps. It's a quick way to wipe one the 2nd pull of the instance.

In general I would say you wouldnt have any problem at all tanking MgT normal mode, but as with any instance it totally depends on the group. With a good enough group you could also tank heroic mode imo.

The two problems in MgT is usally getting thru 2nd boss and the setup of 3rd boss, and some 6 mob trash groups where CC is key. Both of these bosses arent really tank issues at all, but group issues. Everyone needs to do their part to make it happen, and it is ofc alot harder in heroic. 1st boss really shouldnt be a problem for anyone, as you hardly notice it is a boss even in heroic. Rogues and mages really excell in MgT, mages for sheeps/novas/aoe before 2nd boss, rogues for sap, blind and poisons, all rogues should use crippling/mind-numbing in there, atleast in heroic as it makes it alot easier, and specially on 3rd boss.

Last boss is harder in heroic due to his special attack that one shots anyone, but if you dont get it interupted, he is still very doable as long as you can nuke him to 50% when he starts to levitate everyone, healer and atleast 1 dps alive is all you need for the last 50%.

i play a pally tank alt (old main) with SSC/TK gear) and i solo tank everything, just bring a mage and a lock for CC at 3d boss witch is the only real problem! kael is easy, eaven if u dont have fast DPS for pyroshield, im pritty mutch used to die in a "IN-YO-FACE-45-K-DMG-FIRE-BOLT", but then DPS has him around 50%, and air phase = win! Tbh, Pally tanks = easy Heroics, just bring AOE and its realy easy!

Eggrole
    Your Frostbolt hits random Warlock for 247 damage. (457 absorbed) (583 resisted) (789 eaten by wolves) (624 abused by Michael Jackson).

Quote Originally Posted by Eggrole
    i play a pally tank alt (old main) with SSC/TK gear) and i solo tank everything, just bring a mage and a lock for CC at 3d boss witch is the only real problem! kael is easy, eaven if u dont have fast DPS for pyroshield, im pritty mutch used to die in a "IN-YO-FACE-45-K-DMG-FIRE-BOLT", but then DPS has him around 50%, and air phase = win! Tbh, Pally tanks = easy Heroics, just bring AOE and its realy easy!

Eggrole
    Right on brother!

I'm also a tankadin (retadin for pvp), and I agree with Eggrole 100%, mgt on nomral is a priece of cake, the only thing u need on heroic is CC for 3rd boss, all other bosses, including the 2nd boss, are real easy if u know what to do, the 3rd boss just requires 2-3 CC and that's it, taking them out 1 by 1... if u have slow DPS on the last boss it's not a problem, coz tankadins can bubble while he's casting the damn thing

I've run heroic MGT 18 times, daily, that means 18 days of heroic mgt lol, and i finally got the tanking trinket from the 3rd boss, now tbh i have nothing worth doing that instance for

so for the OP, normal should be no problem, and heroic should be no problem as well if u have 2-3 CC, i always went with 2 mages and a lock or 2 locks and a mage, that can NEVER go wrong

hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by peteyd
    this kids gotta b fkin me
    Oh really cupcake? Care to explain how you can just avoid any CC in MgT then? Let us all in on your secrets that allow you to do what virtually no one else that I've ever heard from before, is able to do? Such as: How do you deal with 3rd boss? How do you deal with the pull right before Kael? Those are just 2 examples of high CC areas. If you don't need CC, it's because you're rolling into MgT in T8. Oh wait.

I have T8, I dunno about you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    Oh really cupcake? Care to explain how you can just avoid any CC in MgT then? Let us all in on your secrets that allow you to do what virtually no one else that I've ever heard from before, is able to do? Such as: How do you deal with 3rd boss? How do you deal with the pull right before Kael? Those are just 2 examples of high CC areas. If you don't need CC, it's because you're rolling into MgT in T8. Oh wait.
    Warlock is the only CC you need for the group before Kael (enslave the succubus and make it tank a mob).

You need an extra CC (mage or rogue) only if your group is well geared.

and 3rd boss is really dependant of what you get as mob, but doable without CC.

For that you need to clear ALL the trash mobs groups (NOWAI! I really have to clear the 2 big and 2 small groups in the back of the room? Yes you do)

Then you have the ret paladin or moonkin (you have one of these right?) tank the priestess in a corner while the rest of the group kill other mobs. (She will run back and forth between you and the rest of her group but without doing anything)

Warlock chain fear one mob and banish any demon (you have a warlock right? else, too bad for you lol)

You use pillars to avoid casters

You kill asap the warrior and rogue if they are there.

I have done it and it works. We were vs Warrior + Rogue + Hunter (banished) with its pet (sleeped) + mage + shaman (worst group you can get imo... maybe warlock instead of hunter is worst... but w/e)

My group was made of a warlock + me (moonkin) + tank + healer (was a priest) + a shaman (enh or elem, dont remember)

I tanked priestess in a corner, the healer was pillar jumping and renew/shield everybody. Group DPSed to the hell the warrior, while warlock was chain fearing rogue, then they killed rogue while avoiding mage aoe and destroying shaman totems. Then killed the mage and finished with the shaman. Priest was dispelling priestess shield and shielding/renew me each time he was passing in the range (he could not stay too long near me, else a mob could chase him and make it get close of priestess and receive a heal)
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    Something tells me it's not the CC comment of yours but rather the T4 level gear. You might need that gear level if you suck, otherwise no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazorp
    Something tells me it's not the CC comment of yours but rather the T4x2 level gear. You might need that gear level if you suck, otherwise no.
    fixed :P
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    (..)
    Part of what you'd originally replied to me, had a degree of crowd controlling going on in it (Chain Fearing, Banishing, Enslaving Demon & having them tank a mob, ect....ALL forms of Crowd Control).

But my comments to the person I'd replied to, was based of his assertion that there is no need for any CC in MgT at all (I'd LOVE to see what he says about Heroic MgT if that's the case).

MgT is much different than previous instance in which it makes most folks THINK about the instance, rather than *yawn* another boring instance to run. Big Whoopie. Wee! /finger_twirl While Blizzard claims this to be on the level of Shadowlabs, I honestly think it's the hardest non-heroic in the game. It's still very much so doable by the average pug, as long as they follow certain criteria. What you mentioned in terms of strats, is beyond most players in a PuG. So that's where the CC (Mage & Rogue, Warlock & Hunter, Mage & Warlock, Rogue & Rogue, ect) come in insanely handy.