Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    If you're a tank:

    Well you will certainly be able to complete MgT in normal mode without any bigger problems. Larger groups of trash can be a problem for any tank or group. But you probably won't be able to tank MgT in heroic mode with a bunch of blue items. It is *not* impossible, but it will be fairly hard. I'd recommend running some other heroics to gear up (epic drops, badge rewards) or, even if you're a tank, just do the cat thingy and grab some tanking pieces that nobody else wants.

    If you're a cat:

    Just go in with some better geared people
    I see your point of view for a tank, but I'm a 70 mage in crappy blues and greens and have been in several groups where the people had similar armor and we never have any trouble (except on the thrid boss if we dont have enough CC) but hell, any heroic experiance will help

  2. #22

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    MgT is ALL about crowd control. Heroic MgT is all about crowd control AND great gear (don't even think about running it if you don't have at least T4-style gear).

    Now, if you can manage crowd control AND you can run any previous 5 man instance without any troubles as a tank, then you'll be fine. But, I can't tell you enough that Magisters Terrace is BRUTAL to folks that think they can just overpower the place with more dps. It's a quick way to wipe one the 2nd pull of the instance.
    Uhh, i've ran H-MgT with a prot pally, and Mage, Lockx2, and Resto druid (Me). Everyone except me was playing on an alt with blues and a few purples. We used no CC, and just had pally tank them all. Obviously we had the CC for 3'rd boss, but all in all, I think it is easier then H-SL. Probably as easy as H-SH with same make up.

    Basically, yeah, we DPS'ed and healed through it all, with no problems. That being said, i was on my main, with good healing gear, but im sure a lesser geared healer could have kept tank up.

  3. #23

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Amazing how you used a Mage & 2 Warlocks and there wasn't any CC'ing going on? AMAZING!

    I never said it was "Every pull, every time" type CC. But the essence of the instance is that it will need CC enough to warrant having CC members in your group. With Paly Tanks, they're great for pulling all the mobs onto them, as long as they've got enough BEEF to survive a 3-4-5 mob tank job (and also mana to back it up).

  4. #24

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Paladin tanks make that instance pretty easy. However... From a kara geared prot warrior PoV then that instance is by far the biggest pain to tank. 6+ mobs all with annoying abilities is just overdoing it. I'd take a green geared mage/warlock/<insert cc class> over an epic geared noncc class anyday (unless it's t6+ ).
    I don't mind doing SH timed, arcatraz or shadow labs. 6+ mobs is not a problem. 6+ mobs who do teleport, chain knockdown, faster casting speed each cast, healing, seduce, aoe lightning, poison attacks, is very much a problem that is just too annoying to deal with. It's not that it can't be done or anything of that sort. It's just such a pain.
    And no, I won't ever go that instance again being warrior tank.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

  5. #25

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    On a side note, we did the trash pulls just before third boss in heroic mode without a tank after he quitted on us after rushing the 5-man pack with only 10% health and then blaming the healer..

    So, left without a tank we took another lock in and finished the instance without any problems.
    Group setup was T6 geared Warlock x 2, Rogue, Mage and Shaman (healer), third boss was 2 x demons (yay for locks), the warrior and mage. So we had optimal group for this really, just nuking one at the time.

    Kael was were I thought we would have a wipe fiesta but we did it one shot, next project would be going the whole instance without a tank, should be possible with the right setup

  6. #26

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Yeah MgT is hard. You can't even oneman / five box it on heroic. Oh wait, crap. It turns out you can.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8uLUBEPB-U

    No CC. No healing (except totems). Plain stupid brute-forcing.

  7. #27

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Be as elitist as you want.
    For people like me without state of the art gear(why would you even go there with t6?) and doesn't have super coordination and/or vent with 4random persons, it is a pain, not impossible, not amasingly hard, just annoying.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

  8. #28

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxinusom
    Yeah MgT is hard. You can't even oneman / five box it on heroic. Oh wait, crap. It turns out you can.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8uLUBEPB-U

    No CC. No healing (except totems). Plain stupid brute-forcing.
    I'm at work. I'll have to check the video out when I get home.

  9. #29

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    It's one guy multiboxing 5 elemental shamans and clearing the instance on heroic.

    Basically all he does is stand there and chain cast chain lightning. No tank, no CC, no healing (except what is provided by the totems). Gives a huge burst damage and that's all he needs.

    His chars all have S3 PVP "welfare" equip, because he can do the same thing easily in the arena (just to put all "PVE requires no skill because vs. PVP requires skill because" silly arguments into perspective) - if content is as easily brute-forceable, then it isn't exactly hard now, is it ?

    This may be an extreme example of what can be done, but that is really the core of the issue. Don't complain about difficulties, but find ways to make it easier. Search for tricks to get the job done. If you do that, you are trying to better your odds, which means you are trying to improve. And that alone easily puts you way ahead of the masses of mediocrity.

  10. #30

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxinusom
    It's one guy multiboxing 5 elemental shamans and clearing the instance on heroic.

    Basically all he does is stand there and chain cast chain lightning. No tank, no CC, no healing (except what is provided by the totems). Gives a huge burst damage and that's all he needs.

    His chars all have S3 PVP "welfare" equip, because he can do the same thing easily in the arena (just to put all "PVE requires no skill because vs. PVP requires skill because" silly arguments into perspective) - if content is as easily brute-forceable, then it isn't exactly hard now, is it ?

    This may be an extreme example of what can be done, but that is really the core of the issue. Don't complain about difficulties, but find ways to make it easier. Search for tricks to get the job done. If you do that, you are trying to better your odds, which means you are trying to improve. And that alone easily puts you way ahead of the masses of mediocrity.
    So...it's a video of pure brute force done by someone running 5 accounts with/T5 quality (note quality, not exact) gear? How edited is the video? Does he only show the highlights (and not all the deaths I'm sure that happened)? Or does he show it all?

  11. #31

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by ciola
    Kael was were I thought we would have a wipe fiesta but we did it one shot, next project would be going the whole instance without a tank, should be possible with the right setup
    just cleared full hmgt with 5.5k hp spriest 6k hp resto shaman both in blues/greens (they hit 70 about 2 days before the run), full s1 sl/sl warlock, shs rogue and frost mage

    had 1 wipe at vexallus with the rogue tanking then decided to switch to warlock to tank.
    cleared in 1 hr.

  12. #32

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxinusom
    It's one guy multiboxing 5 elemental shamans and clearing the instance on heroic.

    Basically all he does is stand there and chain cast chain lightning. No tank, no CC, no healing (except what is provided by the totems). Gives a huge burst damage and that's all he needs.

    His chars all have S3 PVP "welfare" equip, because he can do the same thing easily in the arena (just to put all "PVE requires no skill because vs. PVP requires skill because" silly arguments into perspective) - if content is as easily brute-forceable, then it isn't exactly hard now, is it ?

    This may be an extreme example of what can be done, but that is really the core of the issue. Don't complain about difficulties, but find ways to make it easier. Search for tricks to get the job done. If you do that, you are trying to better your odds, which means you are trying to improve. And that alone easily puts you way ahead of the masses of mediocrity.
    Ofc. it is easy for him to do so. It's like bragging about doing rfc without healer when you got a lvl 70 on your team. (More extreme, sure. But exact same situation.)
    And why wouldn't I complain about it's difficulties ? It makes it a pain and I don't give a sh*t if I am a part of the masses of mediocrity.
    Remember when you pug that instance, if you are just another random guy then you are most likely doing it in half pvp epics half blues and in most cases with 2+ who are semi or fully retarded.

    Edit> on that note. I have been to that instance with a shaman in full kara/badge gear who insisted that he couldn't heal through the aoe during the flying phase. Also, I've been there as dps with a tank who insisted on "tanking" kael in flying phase with the 3 bubbles on him untill he died shortly after (he did this for severel wipes despite me insisting on him doing otherwise)
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

  13. #33

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    tank+shaman heal + shaman dps + shadowpriest dps + retarded hunter = fun ^^ no CC makes the dungeon last hours hehe

    or just take a protodin+healer+mage+wl+rogue and fight 1-2 mobs at one time, 1h30 clear

  14. #34

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggrole
    i play a pally tank alt (old main) with SSC/TK gear) and i solo tank everything, just bring a mage and a lock for CC at 3d boss witch is the only real problem! kael is easy, eaven if u dont have fast DPS for pyroshield, im pritty mutch used to die in a "IN-YO-FACE-45-K-DMG-FIRE-BOLT", but then DPS has him around 50%, and air phase = win! Tbh, Pally tanks = easy Heroics, just bring AOE and its realy easy!

    Eggrole
    Erm
    You know you can bubble to avoid the Pyro right?
    You just wait till he starts to cast, click your bubble hotkey, and once it's been absorbed, r-click it off and continue.
    Your telling me that you, a Tankadin, died to Kael's Pyro????

  15. #35
    Alubob
    Guest

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    First day it was up i was the first person in my guild to do MGT, i am a feral tank and at the time i must say not fantastic, i had alright gear (s1 pvp + kara bits and odd badger thing and best trinkets (darkmoon crusade card and badge of tenecity)

    my first run on first day took me 2 hours to do as it was all new and didnt know anything, this was also partially due to having one of the worst mages ever, kept forgetting to sheep and then some times when he did he messed it up (like decided on bit before third boss to stand next to the boss to sheep the pack of mobs we were about to pull)

    any way to cut a long story short we started off with just 2 of my guild and 3 pick ups.. and by end was all my guild hehe... so yeah we did it

    2nd attempt was better, i knew what the mobs did and took about an hour, third run we had 2 mages and a shadow priest.. all ranged and was just a joke it was so easy, 35 minutes straight though no problems

    after a few more runs running guildies though i have to say that instance made me a better tank, i had only been tanking a few months (new alt) and i learnt a lot of skills on keeping groups of up to 6 mobs under control as druid tank with no CC (do LOS pulls, use hurricane and bark skin on pull(BS helps with the barrage of spells u get hit by etc))

    I have now tanked Heroic MGT with no CC on my druid, so its very possible to do as a druid the most important factors in doing this are

    1) you can keep packs of 6 mobs under control and you dont have people who just dps what ever they want
    2) you have LOADS OF STAMINA, i have 16.5k in bear self buffed, armour is almost useless in MGT, get some good stamina gear or improve your standard gears stamina
    3) magic resitance, you have advantage of MOTW, but also use like ur trinket from kara for arcane on kael has lots of stamina on it, use the + magic resitance food
    4) have a good healer, getting hit by 5 castors hurts!

    dps is very important too, and people who listen to instructions, i have wiped on first and 2nd boss purely because no one kills the crystal and only 1 dps or me the tank will try and take out the orbs on 2nd boss

    To do a easy successful normal MGT you need a group who are of heroic standard imo, i have tried tanking it on my paladin (lots of blue tank gear from instances, 10k hp) and i just kept going splat, healer couldnt cope, but same healer could easily heal my druid

    so what i say to any tank is dont attempt MGT till you can tank any heroic successfully, because its not easy


    oh and as some people have said.. yes stupid dps helps too.. if u can get a few raiders with 1k dps in ur group it dont matter if ur a bad tank cause they will prob do most the tanking for u and nuke the mobs down so fast its not really an issue

  16. #36

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alubob
    (Don't want to quote, just to follow on what he said)
    Grab yourself a Flask of Chromatic Wonder.
    It really helps with it's boost to avoidance and hit points, and it stacks nicely with MotW to give you some respectable(-ish) resistance vs the magical damage.

    Plus it lasts 2 hours, so you can usually get a couple of runs done in that time, you'll probably make back the money you spent on the flask in the instance (definitely if it's either of the dailies) and if it runs out at your second Kael, don't worry as he seems to have about 500 spell penetration or something (you can't resist his attacks at all).

  17. #37

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    Quote Originally Posted by Draxinusom
    His chars all have S3 PVP "welfare" equip, because he can do the same thing easily in the arena (just to put all "PVE requires no skill because vs. PVP requires skill because" silly arguments into perspective) - if content is as easily brute-forceable, then it isn't exactly hard now, is it ?
    Do you count s3 head and s2 weapon/shield as all s3? or do you mean that he has gladiator gear bought for honor in s3?
    Here is the armory for 1 of them, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...=Veronik%C3%A0
    Quote Originally Posted by N
    Im a she tho, not that it matters just that.. Yeah, i dont have a thingie!

  18. #38

    Re: MgT - yes or no?

    sériously mgt is all about hp pool since its majority magic dmg and you need to have high aggro since you have to tank often up to 3 target while the first one need to die fast since they hit fairly hard

    prot warrior are really advantaged at this instance since they got lol reflect when weel used you can even tank 2 mob plus your target who is focused and kill the imp with that

    for druid it is more hard since you cant reduce the magic dmg at all put its possible



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •