Thread: PVE Arms build!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: PVE Arms build!

Best Arms DPS specc goes like this

Fury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Quote Originally Posted by Utal

Fury.
    Too bad Blood Frenzy owns that entire spec.

I have this - imo pretty standard...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...enar&n=Sellest

I would like more hit and crit though but no chance for Shadowmoon destroyer´s drape + choker of endless nightmares soon :>

As for the build, I prefer to use this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LA0czAboxMdZE00V0gRc

As for the first two tiers of Arms, I base those around OT'ing. Yes, Iron Will is situationally (though not very often) better for DPS than Imp TClap.

At times, I'll also spec Imp Intercept rather than Improved Disciplines. Neither is really great for PvE, so they won't really make a huge deal. Imp Intercept can make a few movement fights a bit easier.

And yes, I really go Booming Voice. We always have a fury warrior in our raid, so he's the one keeping up Demo shout. An Arms warrior should never be doing Demo shout rather than a fury warrior... Fury has 3 times as many free GCDs, and they have better rage generation anyway. Most warriors take Unbridled Wrath, but I just like having as many free GCDs as possible.

how are arms warriors on threat?

i had a fury warrior i raided a bit, up to like tk and ssc. grant it the tanks werent the greatest, but, i was always watching threat. i felt like i was fighting against omen and not the boss.

are arms warriors just as bad as fury?
    We come out to be about the same as fury as far as our threat generation goes. Fury gets Improved Berserker stance which knocks off 10%, but they also use Heroic Strike as a staple of their DPS rotation.

The only way arms warriors can even begin to touch the aggro ceiling is if they are getting alot of incoming damage (giving them basically unlimited rage). Arms warriors alone cannot generate the rage to keep up with tanks on threat.
    That's very untrue. I don't know how many bad Arms warriors there are out there, but I commonly struggle with threat on certain encounters. Last week I wasn't really paying attention to Omen, and managed to pull aggro on Kaz'rogal, Azgalor (I run out of fire rather than get healed through it) and Archimonde. Ok, shoot me... I'm a damage whore.

correct me if im wrong, but if i was a raid leader, wouldnt i put the arms warrior in the melee dps group with a shaman dropping WF totem?

and isnt swords like teh only way to go for arms pve.
    The Arms warrior will benefit from WF more than any other class. If you have a group getting WF, your Arms warrior should ALWAYS be in that group.

Swords are ideal, but axes are sufficient. Axes became quite a bit more viable with the new badge axe. That thing is beast for warriors who don't have access to Cataclysm's Edge or the Vengeful Greatsword.

Without a windfury totem an arms warriors damage is going to be laughable. And yes sword is still king, axe can be ok if you go 5/5 flurry but in that case youd need another arms warrior who had blood frenzy other wise you are severely gimping your raids overall physical dps by four percent.
    Losing WF is certainly a huge hit to our DPS, but not quite enough to render us useless. When I lose WF, I typically lose about 300 DPS. I remember on Archimonde once where I was in a caster group (We stack warriors on Archimonde to watch them fight over Cat's Edge / Legs) and was still able to hold the #1 spot. Granted, Archimonde is an extremely warrior friendly fight.

You don't want haste as an Arms warrior. If you drop your swing timer too low it throws off your entire Slam rotation.
    This. No, flurry alone won't drop you below that point. However, there are occasions where you would drop below it with passive haste gear. DST procs, Drums of Battle, Bloodlust and Haste Potions to name a few. While these aren't up full time, you will be throwing away haste benefits rather than stacking stats that scale 100% of the time.

Fury.
    I usually keep pace with or beat equally geared fury warriors while Arms speced. I also have appropriate gear for fury, and spec it from time to time. While fury, I really don't notice much of a difference in damage perfomance. Factor in raid utility and the fact that you can play fury well half asleep (Babysitting rampage is hard!), I just can't really enjoy playing fury much.

2024 AP
    32.15% crit
    1308 passive Armor Penetration (+ 1,140 with Executioner + Madness of the Betrayer procs)
    137 (8.69%) hit rating

Barca US-Dunemaul