View Poll Results: Do u think CC are needed for heroics?

Voters
123. This poll is closed
  • Yes

22 17.89%
  • No

30 24.39%
  • I just dunno

2 1.63%
  • Depends on group

69 56.10%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is CC for heroics over rated?

Hello,

I've been doing a lot of heroics lately, i'm a tankadin, been doing them while i was all blue and now while i'm all epic, i NEVER EVER use CC, i only think it's really needed for 3rd boss in heroic mgt, other then that i really dont think it's needed.. do u?

I know most of u will probably think it depends on the group, but lets face it, i'm not talking about a green group, i'm talking about a group that's ready for heroics.

CC just slows u down and it's not challanging :P

so cast in ur votes, and lets see what u think

tnx

Re: Is CC for heroics over rated?

I think cc is crap for heroics when you have a tankadin . I'm healer, and i hate to go in heroics with other tanks than a tankadin

Take a tankadin, a good healer and 3 AoE-dds and rush throug the instance

With warrior or druid as tank, you better take CC with you.

So All in all i think: with tankadin dont use cc, with warri/druid use cc!

Luthramir

Fatherohealy

5 mans are easy mode for tankadins. No cc needed at all. Warriors don' t get giant threat aoe like concecrate and no cc can easily lead to a dead healer if one is tanking without cc.

Depends on what kind of tank you have. If you've got a paladin or a druid/warrior who's comfortable with tanking 3+ mobs simultaneously, then you don't need CC. However, if your tank isn't comfortable tanking these many mobs, or you have a lot of big (5 or more) pulls, then CC really takes a lot of strain off of your tanks. Personally, it's more of a group make-up issue then anything, but it never hurts to have.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

CC is actually faster, as you need groups larger than 5 for AOE to be efficient mana-wise (for Mages at least). CCing as many mobs as possible and focusfiring the ones that are up is easier on the priests and caster's mana.

Deleted

CC is not needed in heroics tbh, even if you are druid tank. As im fury warrior, i usually nuke casters and then continue on druid's target.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trollpatrol
    Depends on what kind of tank you have. If you've got a paladin or a druid/warrior who's comfortable with tanking 3+ mobs simultaneously, then you don't need CC. However, if your tank isn't comfortable tanking these many mobs, or you have a lot of big (5 or more) pulls, then CC really takes a lot of strain off of your tanks. Personally, it's more of a group make-up issue then anything, but it never hurts to have.
    I doubt that anyone is comfortable getting smacked for minimum 3k average (3 mobs hitting you)

You don't need CC when you have a Paladin tank.
    You do need CC when you have a Druid/Warrior tank.

Simple as that. And don't say that you didn't need any CC for SL/SH Heroic when you're in T6 gear level, please.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

I play a mage and I prefer when a tanks grabs all the adds in a "screw-cc" manner. It's just more fun that way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Delijica
    I play a mage and I prefer when a tanks grabs all the adds in a "screw-cc" manner. It's just more fun that way!
    yepp, 1 lock - 2 mages - pala tank - shaman healer<3

Quote Originally Posted by NightHak
    Hello,

I've been doing a lot of heroics lately, i'm a tankadin, been doing them while i was all blue and now while i'm all epic, i NEVER EVER use CC, i only think it's really needed for 3rd boss in heroic mgt, other then that i really dont think it's needed.. do u?

I know most of u will probably think it depends on the group, but lets face it, i'm not talking about a green group, i'm talking about a group that's ready for heroics.

CC just slows u down and it's not challanging :P

so cast in ur votes, and lets see what u think

tnx
    Funny that u made this post now after tbc was released for a very long time

Our warrior tank usually doesn't need any CC, he just tells us to wait a little till all mobs got 1-2 devastates then he focuses on 1 target and we can go hardcore
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag
    botting is a exploit/cheat, don't do that! or else kickboxing nagas will kill you. and your familie and if you had freinds they would die too. maybe they will kill your guildmates or F-list. dunno much about those nagafreaks.
    Hell yeah.

I went into heroic SP with a full t5 warrior, and me, t4/t5/low-end MH/BT epics... a mage/rogue/SP. We had to CC everything because the damage was so slow that we (tank and I) couldn't keep up with the constant damage coming in over a period of time.

Two days later, I went in with a t5 Tankadin, me, mage/warlock/rogue, all t5/t6. CC'd one pack en route to Quagmirran and we tore through it as if it was normal, mobs were dropping in seconds.

All depends on the setup and how well the player can play their class I suppose.

If I'm doing a heroic with a warrior I'll usually want to take at least a mage, but other than that I don't really mind.

Deleted

I don't understand how anyone can answer other than depends on the group.

"I'm a fucking T5/T6 tank and I don't need CC."

Please.. shut the fuck up if you say that... heroics are not geared for your gear levels, so naturally you can tank there much better than someone with heroic geared tank items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Its a weird question with weird option imo, the only answer I would give is that it depends on gear firstly, then group setup. If you are overgeared for heroics (or any instance) ofc you can do as you please. We badge farm kara every week (full clear in about 2 hours+), chain pulling everything and speeds thru it with either pally or druid tank, but that doesnt mean a new guild can do the same.

Alle groups will have to adjust their tactics after how well they are geared and how the group is setup, not to mention what instance they do. Heroic SH can cause some wipes even with a good geared paladin tank, while ie. heroic SP/Mech is a walk in the park with the exception of maybe 1-2 groups.

CC is a tool you need to compensate for lack of gear usually.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Utal
    "I'm a fucking T5/T6 tank and I don't need CC."

Please.. shut the fuck up if you say that... heroics are not geared for your gear levels, so naturally you can tank there much better than someone with heroic geared tank items.
    That's his opinion and he's completely entitled to say it. Everyone does heroics for ze uber badge epax.

Well what I need to say is: cc does not slow you down. Never. It may, if your group is spriest, warlock, mage, shaman healer and a paladin tank, all geared out in T6 and you go aoe each pack while chainpulling through the instance. However, as soon as you will go single target, cc will not slow you down. Actually correct cc will speed up your runs alot. You will have less damage on your group, less time lost due to aggroing healers and you need less time to replenish mana and getting ready for the next pull.

I have a 5/8 T6 shaman and i twink a mostly blue shadow priest. Both do heroics frequently. If the groups gear is euqal to that of my char, for the shaman it makes runs more comfortable and quicker when using cc and for the spriest it's almost inevitable for success to use crowed control.

There is only 3 heroic instance that "need" CC and it is

Mech: Need warlock to enslave the bombers
    SL: Just for 2 mobs pulls in the 2nd boss room
    MgT: Just for 3rd boss and it really depend of what you get

Beside that, get a prot paladin and kick ass.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    That's his opinion and he's completely entitled to say it. Everyone does heroics for ze uber badge epax.
    Perfectly true! But basing the whole concept on Heroics needing no CC because your an epic warrior is a big pile of jack thompson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^