View Poll Results: Rogue mage priest. Who to kill first

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mage

    96 55.17%
  • Priest

    33 18.97%
  • Rogue

    17 9.77%
  • Priest after mage did iceblock

    28 16.09%

Thread: How to beat RMP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Skalu
    RMP suxx very hard against Hunter/Rogue/DPriest, Healadin/RestShamy/Warrior, and some others

    but against these two, don't even try to find tactics or anything, /cry for your points...

    we can't say 3v3 is unbalanced though, because RPM has it easy against many other teams, but when the game become luck with the teams you meet, insteead of skill during the fight, this get a bit boring...
    Haven't met a single hunter rogue priest that gave proper challenge. Met one good Healadin Restshammy Warrior tho, it felt impossible to beat. Also met lots of shitty ones that we raped easily, tho.

  2. #42

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    You sir are dumb. You say arenas are all about setup? Of course they are a bit about setup, but so are raids. Have you ever done Illidan with 15 moonkins? No? Thought so. Like lawl SSC = zeroskill, easymode. you can do it in pvp gear and spec. BT/Hyjal, some skill but still easymode with bossmods telling you what to do and when. And Sunwell, lol it's all about proper raid setup and consus. L2P before making an ignorant comment. You're propably pissed because you're stuck at 1500 rating.

    And yea, I have already killed Void Reaver! And Illidan! And Archimonde! Boom, headshot. That shit was too easy tho so I moved to arena, which I felt far more challenging and fun after spending countless evenings raiding.
    Its funny you should mention that, there was a raid that had 14 druids in it, 12 spe'c moonkin (many were the hybrid healing spec) that killed illidan a while back. the video was on warcraft movies. Illidan is about the easiest fight in all of bt / hyjal because its 100% predictable and theres no way to 'fuck it up'

    Shadowfiends, move. infernals get kited, avoid eye beams...heal people with dark barrage quickly...kite out of flame crash, avoid shear, raid spread out. Demon form, lock tank, shadow res, stands outside the grp, raid spreads, kill demons... transition til 30%, after that you just do the warrior tank phase 3 strat and use mines to prevent the enrage IF they're really close....Grats you beat illidan...Pve takes little to no skill

    5/5 - 9/9- 4/6 Entropius 4% pre-nerf.

  3. #43

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by numblocke
    you sire, posses a copious amount of fail
    Yeah yeah whatever. I've done it on shaman, obviously lack screenshots. If you just mash purge its possible to get Divine Shield and Ice Block buffs off before they go "immune"

    Its obviously nothing reliable but it's happened, and I've heard of other people purging iceblock as well and even posting screenshots.

    "you sir have not done your research" - Forumtrolls, need a hunting license for those.

    As to on-topic:

    Smash the mage, if mage goes iceblock just go sit on the priest. You've got so much damage and an annoying anti-priest purging shaman with you.

  4. #44

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Haven't met a single hunter rogue priest that gave proper challenge. Met one good Healadin Restshammy Warrior tho, it felt impossible to beat. Also met lots of shitty ones that we raped easily, tho.
    what did they do ? what did you do ?

    we tried almost every thing, but they are focusing our mage, wich get poisoned and can't remove it, so hunter blast him so hard he can't even sheep or damage, our priest try to heal him, but get oomed in a few seconds, and i alone can't get one down...

    if you beat them easy i will be glad for any clue

  5. #45

    Re: How to beat RMP

    We zerged priest down fast as hell while CC'ing other 2 as much as possible. Only met that combo like twice tho, so dunno how good they were.

  6. #46

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Anointed
    You sir are dumb. You say PvE takes no skill? How much skill do cookie cutter teams in imbalanced brackets really need? 2v2, lawl imbalanced=zero skill. 3v3, some skill but still imbalanced and 5v5, el o el melee train teams, drain teams or 3 healer teams. Come on, L2play before making an ignorant comment. You're probably just pissed because your're still working on killing Void Reaver.
    lol how mad did u get? and yes, mage first. always.

  7. #47

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    We zerged priest down fast as hell while CC'ing other 2 as much as possible. Only met that combo like twice tho, so dunno how good they were.
    ok thanks,
    i read more on that combo (Hunter/Rogue/DPriest), guys playing it almost all say RMP is a joke,
    they can't lose if they have 2 hands with 5 fingers each... and i believe them :'(
    you must have met assholes ;P

  8. #48

    Re: How to beat RMP

    depends on your combo, but always mage or priest. if you have something that can lock down / CC the mage do that and kill the priest. if not nuke the mage. a rogue solo in 3v3 is rarely enough to ever kill something solo. the priest will be too busy healing the mage to mana burn or do anything else, the mage too busy trying to survive to kite.

  9. #49

    Re: How to beat RMP

    3 dps bursts teams kill rpm pretty ez. i rand a bmhunter/eleshammy/firemage 3v3 to 1900 in s3 and any team with a priest healer would die almost instantly

    other healers have instant big heals but preists have none. pallys have bubble. aka if a priest gets bursts he dies.

  10. #50

    Re: How to beat RMP

    As mage warrior (ret)paladin at 2k~ we usually go for the mage untill IB > switch to priest > back to mage while leaving our mage at 50/50 mage/priest untill our burst is ready (aka oportunity) > 100% nuke mage > win.

  11. #51

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Skalu
    ok thanks,
    i read more on that combo (Hunter/Rogue/DPriest), guys playing it almost all say RMP is a joke,
    they can't lose if they have 2 hands with 5 fingers each... and i believe them :'(
    you must have met assholes ;P
    Yea it's possible. Didn't even know that combo is any popular :P

  12. #52

    Re: How to beat RMP

    i'd say controlling priest aint that hard, and the hunter doesn't have THAT many defensive options...
    theorycrafting never works much tho when it comes to arena :

    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Obscuri

  13. #53

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscuro
    i'd say controlling priest aint that hard, and the hunter doesn't have THAT many defensive options...
    theorycrafting never works much tho when it comes to arena :
    ok, so you say focus the hunter while CCing the priest,

    we tried that, but here's what happened,

    priest and mage had viper sting,

    their rogue were "free" to dps my mage,

    and while focused, my mage could'nt sheep priest + dmg hunter + kit the rogue,

    even if a keep the rogue stuned, the hunter + his pet on the mage prevent him casting spells, so no cc, no dmg, and the viper sting works... till my priest and my mage are oom

    this team is, imho, really one the hardest counter RPM teams, with Healadin/RestoSham/Warrior (wich is far harder).

  14. #54

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    You sir are dumb. You say arenas are all about setup? Of course they are a bit about setup, but so are raids. Have you ever done Illidan with 15 moonkins? No? Thought so. Like lawl SSC = zeroskill, easymode. you can do it in pvp gear and spec. BT/Hyjal, some skill but still easymode with bossmods telling you what to do and when. And Sunwell, lol it's all about proper raid setup and consus. L2P before making an ignorant comment. You're propably pissed because you're stuck at 1500 rating.

    And yea, I have already killed Void Reaver! And Illidan! And Archimonde! Boom, headshot. That shit was too easy tho so I moved to arena, which I felt far more challenging and fun after spending countless evenings raiding.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I hit 2k in all brackets this season. Also have cleared SSC, TK, BT, Hyjal and working on Felmyst in SW. SSC pre-nerf was easy but Vashj was still hard and a fun fight imo. TK, easy but Keal pre-nerf was probably the hardest boss in the game even compared to BT/Hyjal. Not counting SW, which I personally think is sort of a joke also. Don't Boom headshot me before you know what I've done. It's once again ignorant.

    If you know abything about the game and class/race mechanics, you can't argue that arena is mostly about imbalances. I know I know, it takes skill to get 2100 and beyond, I'm not saying that it doesn't. What I was saying is that when you see the percentages of classes/races above 2k, you begin to think imbalance. I said 3v3 was a little askewed, but probably the only balanced bracket. You can't disagree with the percentages of each class above 2k, nor can you argue about the setups. PvE is somewhat easy, but don't say PvP is on some sort of pedastal. They both have their downfalls. At least in PvE you know what you're up against and you don't have to say, "well screw it we are up against our counter combo, might as well walk away from the keyboard".

  15. #55

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Yet people manage to beat their counter comps which shows skill or retardation on those supposed to counter. PVE doesn't take skill exactly for that reason you know what you are up against, only good thing about pve would be facing a boss for the 1st time without any dbm or whatever mod tells you not to stay in fire.

  16. #56

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by DMCDante
    Yet people manage to beat their counter comps which shows skill or retardation on those supposed to counter. PVE doesn't take skill exactly for that reason you know what you are up against, only good thing about pve would be facing a boss for the 1st time without any dbm or whatever mod tells you not to stay in fire.
    24 other skilled players to defeat an encounter compared to 1, 2 or 4 others with a flavor of the month combo? Explain to me again how arena is just THAT superior in difficulty to PvE? Admit it, it's a neverending argument that can never be finished. Like I said, no where did I ever say that getting beyond 2100 doesn't take skill. Getting to 2k with a cookie cutter combo although, takes little skill. Check out Blizzard's percentages again on what classes/spec are above 2k. And a true counter comp isn't defeated very often unless the other team screws up majorly or lag/DC comes into play.

  17. #57

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethanlien
    as RMP team, we suck against:

    Warrior + Enhancement Shaman + Druid

    insane damage on our Priest
    war/ret/druid also dominates that combo. however in facing that combo your mage should be assisting the priest in kiting while the rogue solo's the druid. it should not be hard to poly/nova/freeze a warrior/enhance and allow a priest to run free.

    given the mana burn nerf via resilience and talents etc it's more realistic to leave the priest alone and stomp the mage. attacking the mage will allow you to interrupt/avoid shatter combos and remove any burst dps from the equation. a solo ShS rogue is not a threat in terms of burst for a single healer, but it should always be mage or priest.

  18. #58

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Why the fuck would a druid trinket poly? He can remove it with shapeshift. Why can't you get to them? Your druid can abolish poisons off you. Why isn't your warrior keeping hamstrings up? Sounds to me like none of you has any clue of arena... just go back to raiding, it's more suitable for people of limited skill.
    Oh yeah mr overpowered speak.... I would have a similar suggestion to you in your RL... go back to those anger management classes l2, be a human being for a starters.... The guy ask a question for a reason and these forums are here for a reason (the same one) and that reason isnt for ppl like you badmouthing others degrading them to limited skill or any other way of degradation.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

  19. #59

    Re: How to beat RMP

    Quote Originally Posted by danoontje
    Oh yeah mr overpowered speak.... I would have a similar suggestion to you in your RL... go back to those anger management classes l2, be a human being for a starters.... The guy ask a question for a reason and these forums are here for a reason (the same one) and that reason isnt for ppl like you badmouthing others degrading them to limited skill or any other way of degradation.
    I haven't taken anger management classes so I can't go back to them, nab. Reason for forums is so people can be asses anonymously, deal with it.

  20. #60

    Re: How to beat RMP

    dunno if said before, but your shammy(that would be you?) should abuse purge on the mage and priest(especially the priest)

    i used to play RMP as priest and i found that playing against enhancement shaman was a real bitch and most of a disc priest's spells are instants(like PW:S, renew and PoM) removing all of these before they reach their effect is essential to defeating any team with a disc priest
    any team with a good enhancement shaman will defeat a team with a priest healer, as low as you can grant that shaman his freedom by keeping the others busy from CC'ing him

    the warrior should keep everyone slowed as much as possible, especially the rogue(who will probably attempt to abuse your druid and/or shammy)

    i also played a druid/warrior set up(as a druid), and i found that slowing the rogue really helps with running away(this was after the resto set bonus nerf) making drinking easier(i hope your druid runs off and drinks when he gets the chance?)


    which one to focus first is something i'm not going into, because during my arena time i was too focused on healing to see what my teammates or the other team were exactly doing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •