Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+BarFacade

    Quote Originally Posted by mixu
    Thanks But as with Window's Vista I'll wait till all the options/bugs are worked out. I hate redoing all my bars. My UI's like a damn jigsaw puzzle.
    Vista isn't that bad anymore. Write this down as it will be handy: CTRL+Shift+ESC is the new CTRL+ALT+DEL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devillien
    can you use ButtonFacade in combo with Buffalo ??

    i realy want to change the skin of that one
    \

    Yep! You can set a global skin, that will skin all supported addons, or you can set a skin for each addon seprately (or globally and then change the look of just one addon).

  2. #22

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+BarFacade

    Quote Originally Posted by septor
    Vista isn't that bad anymore. Write this down as it will be handy: CTRL+Shift+ESC is the new CTRL+ALT+DEL.
    lol I know! I'm using 64b Vista but it took me years to finally convert. I totally didn't know about the new task manager thing. Thanks

    PS sorry for the off topic D:
    Horde reconnaissance at best:

  3. #23
    The Patient Xaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    312

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    Hum...
    Is there anything really new to Bartender 4?
    I'm using Bartender 3 right now and from looking at the feature list of BT4, I can't seem to find anything that BT3 does not have.
    In fact, right now it still has more features, as BT4 does not include fade-out and hide-text yet, except for the ButtonFacade support (which is a replacement of CyCircled).

    Seems like a downgrade to me as it is. ???

  4. #24

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaith
    Hum...
    Is there anything really new to Bartender 4?
    I'm using Bartender 3 right now and from looking at the feature list of BT4, I can't seem to find anything that BT3 does not have.
    In fact, right now it still has more features, as BT4 does not include fade-out and hide-text yet, except for the ButtonFacade support (which is a replacement of CyCircled).

    Seems like a downgrade to me as it is. ???
    Read my very first post. It _IS_ a downgrade at this time.

    The only thing "better" is that it's using Ace3 instead of Ace2, and it has support for BF instead of CC.

  5. #25
    The Patient Xaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    312

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    Quote Originally Posted by septor
    Read my very first post. It _IS_ a downgrade at this time.

    The only thing "better" is that it's using Ace3 instead of Ace2, and it has support for BF instead of CC.
    Oh well, I'll just wait then for it to become a bit more "ripe".
    Thanks for your answer.

  6. #26

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    Anytime.

    I only switched because I was in the process of switching out some addons in Hal's UI that I prefer more and decided since the opportunity was there I might as well. I'm also in the process of switching to kgPanels from eePanels2.

  7. #27

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    I'm about to make the kgpanels switch myself sometime in the near future here. I've made the BT4/Button Facade switch and ButtonFacade is 8000 times better in my opinion than cycircled, no offense to the cycircled authors. Bongos 3 also has button facade support if anyone wants to switch but doesn't want to use BT4.
    I guess my brain will never work right. At least I’m pretty.

  8. #28
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    Tried out BT4+BF last night, and I can only say , it's far from ready to be used in production.

    Just the lack of coordinate positioning and/or snap feature for BT4 was a killer, and BF ain't really that good compared to CyCircled.

    Promising projects, I'll try again in a month or two when they are done.

  9. #29

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Tried out BT4+BF last night, and I can only say , it's far from ready to be used in production.

    Just the lack of coordinate positioning and/or snap feature for BT4 was a killer, and BF ain't really that good compared to CyCircled.

    Promising projects, I'll try again in a month or two when they are done.
    For positioning I just go to the lua file, ofcourse you can use align or something similar to more or less position bars etc but if you want to precizely place your mods on the screen then lua editing/finetuning is the way to go.
    The BT4 lua is slightly more clear then BT3 but both are fairly easy.

    As far as BF is concerned, a lot of the cycircled skins have been ported and making your own is rather straight forward aswel. The only thing is miss is changing the colours of hover over etc but as I got a fairly white'ish UI atm it works out fine the way it is. But indeed there are some things to improve, the good thing however is it is a work in progress so recommendations can be taken into development

    Thanks for the trinketmenu tip, gonna try it out tonight

  10. #30
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    LUA editing and spamming /reloadui ingame is what I consider a waste of time.

    It's absolutly possible to do pixel-perfect design , other addons such as Pitbull and eepanels allows it.

    kgpanels I can't see how is useable, it doesn't even have a configuration menu yet!

  11. #31

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    LUA editing and spamming /reloadui ingame is what I consider a waste of time.

    It's absolutly possible to do pixel-perfect design , other addons such as Pitbull and eepanels allows it.

    kgpanels I can't see how is useable, it doesn't even have a configuration menu yet!
    From http://www.wowace.com/wiki/KgPanels:

    kgPanelsConfig, is a seperate LOD mod to configure kgPanels. This helps keep the weight down and only loads when you tell it.
    /kgpanels for options.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    btw. anyone know when Ace3 mobs will be FuBar compatible ?

  13. #33

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+ButtonFacade

    As a temporary fix for those held of by the lack of Macroname & Hotkey hiding options, just change the size values in your BF skin of choice to x=1 and y=1. This will hide the text fine.

    But as others have said, unless you have a problem with BT3 and a reason to switch to BF, stick with the old ones.

  14. #34

    Re: Bartender3+cyCircled v.s. Bartender4+BarFacade

    Quote Originally Posted by Juht
    I used to be a Bongos user but I found that Bongos consistently broke nearly every patch.
    I think I've used Bongos for almost a year and as far as I can remember, it NEVER broke down on me o.o

    My problem now tho is upgrading to Bongos3+ButtonFacade and trying to get it to work (The buttonfacade part). Is there anything special I need to do ?
    [b]The individual who was farthest along and had the best chance at teaching other Tauren how to be a rogue was Gamon... and we all know what keeps happening to him when he tries to progress.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •