hunter pet naming in arenas?

anyone able to give a nice difinitive answer on bliz's stance on hunter pet naming in arenas? ie... naming the pet the hunter's name... or naming it after the healer?

And... if there are punishments for said naming? specifically perhaps people that have experienced said punishments?

Thanks

Re: hunter pet naming in arenas?

Deleted

What makes you think there is any punishments? It's not against any rules. I used pet named after myself or our healer in every single game on my hunter before I sold him.

Next time do that 20 seconds of research you need to find it out before posting, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    I used pet named after myself or our healer in every single game on my hunter before I sold him.
    ... which is the lamest thing possible, but it's perfectly acceptable, as it's the flaw in the way Proximo or any other target select mod works.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nemra
    ... which is the lamest thing possible, but it's perfectly acceptable, as it's the flaw in the way Proximo or any other target select mod works.
    Well so is pillar humping and LoS'ing hunters but people still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    Well so is pillar humping and LoS'ing hunters but people still do it.
    yes, people should just stay and let you shoot them as well as they should run towards warrior and wait till he masacre them...

You really cant compare LoSing with naming pet after healer = therefor making targeting your healer significiantly worse besides your healer was probably los/hug pillars also.

I think you can, it's using an element outside the regular to totally fuck up peoples perception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

My pet's name is Bendover, in honor of this amazing artwork...

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a.../AMGNOPETS.jpg

Rubin I don't understand anything of what that picture meant :P

Thid is why, arena ruined the game :x
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

calling your pet the same as your char or the healer its perfectly fine.. its no breaking any rules and it doesnt affect anything of blizards.

the only thing it does affect is proximo / arena targeting addons which bliz dont care about...

so its not using a bug / exploiting the game at all

Quote Originally Posted by Dentoid
    Thid is why, arena ruined the game :x
    Arena didn't really ruin the game, but it's something that I make my guildies go through for a quick way to upgrade their PVE greens.

Blizzard cannot balance Arena matches. First it was dots not being affected by resilience, next it was pillaring, now lifebloom and cycloning, next it will be something equally as stupid.

I think they should just not allow shapeshifting in arena's. You can't get rid of pillaring. I understand that, but they should also throw in one map that has no LOS issues. That way you at least have a 1 in 4 chance of having a fair fight for mages.

You can't get rid of pillaring

remove the pillers

Quote Originally Posted by Decapitation
    yes, people should just stay and let you shoot them as well as they should run towards warrior and wait till he masacre them...

You really cant compare LoSing with naming pet after healer = therefor making targeting your healer significiantly worse besides your healer was probably los/hug pillars also.
    lol, los'ing is lame period. Sure it's part of the game but it's stupid when you can run and heal for alot more than you can run and DPS against that said runner. Take away the running casts that heal for ungodly amounts then we can talk. Till then Los is bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjounin
    Rubin I don't understand anything of what that picture meant :P
    lol...it's a very complicated depiction of why hunters should not use their pets in arena until they are necessary. Courtesy of Goodopile and Murtdragon's famous guide to the hunter/shaman 2v2.

Yeah LOSing is lame... Pillars are lame...

Got it. Lets design a perfectly fair arena!
    Picture this its a circle... It's diameter is 20 yards. It has nothing inside.

Done! Perfectly fair arena.

All of you people posting that LOS is stupid need to seriously re-consider what you just said. Honestly you remind me of the Red Coats during the revolutionary war. You guys all stand up in a row! Now that you've done that I'm going to go hide in the bushes and shoot you one by one till you are all dead.

Here is a hint. If you remove all obstacles, then the game is inherently not fair for anyone of melee status. If you make the arena small enough that being melee dps doesn't matter then you make range effectively useless. LOS is essentially the only thing that makes arena less than completely retarded.