Warrior + Shaman.

Hi guys I just reached 1850 rating with my resto shaman friend today =)

What I am trying to decide right now is which weapon to get, my friend really wants me to get s3 Mace, It is tempting because of the stun and I've been using stormhearld forever so I know how good a mace stun can be.

Thing is, i heard Restore shaman + War is good as a sword spec warrior, and personally i like how the sword looks a lot more than the mace. so I was wondering if you guys could help me on deciding which weapon and why.

Thanks a lot in advance ^^.

Re: Warrior + Shaman.

i played shaman/warri aswell, and i took the sword...
    imo it really depends on your play style, and as you said, you were using stunherald so far so u prolly got used to maces...
    oh and imho mace > sword in arenas, i'd prolly decide defferent now if i had the choice again, but u can get 2k rating with the sword as well

the Sword is excellent with a shaman, swordproc with a windfury totem is for example a very dead mage..
    but the mace is better over all i would say (:
    The Insane.

thanks a lot for the replies guys, I guess i should get the Mace but I really like how sword looks! haha, wells thing is we usually lose to teams that has 2 DPS, i wonder if switching to swords will gain more burst damage and kill them before my shaman dies?

another question, S3 Mace doesn't stun as much as stormhearld does it?

Any more infos/Opinions and Advice are appreciated, thanks again!

Depends. If you think you can get 2050(?) rating in S4 then I'd get the sword now. Just because you like it better and because the difference between a stormherald and a S3 mace is minimal.

Personally, I've gone from a Deep Thunder to a S3 sword and though sword definately has a higher fun factor, mace simply is better.

As for swords beeing better with windfury then maces, it's true, but it's only 1% so that's no reason to pick the sword imho.

? swords only proc 1% more with windfury?

I think what he means is there is a 1% chance that there will be a sword proc and a WF proc at the same time (20% chance for WF and 5% chance from sword spec) But if i remeber correctly, the extra swing can proc WF so it is prolly a little more than 1%

Mace, trust me. With the amount of druids in 2s these days mace stun proc >>> extra swing by a long shot. Get a mace stun while a druid is in caster, white hit, windfury, mortal strike, whirlwind in a few seconds gives you a HUGE advantage in just a few seconds. If you switch that mace stun with an extra hit the druid can easily toss up a few hots, root/cyclone, and be off on his marry way and back to full health. Being completely locked out as opposed to being hit by an extra swing is a lot better imo.

good to know for my setup as well.

Granted we're at 1780, but itching our way to 1850. I think my partner has the S1 sword ATM - I'll need to convince him to get the S3 mace if we get to 1850 anytime soon. A stun seems more beneficial than a harder hit, especially for a warrior/shaman combo because of the lack of great cc.

To answer the question earlier, the Stormherald's proc goes off at about 2% from what I recall, and mace stun with the Stormherald worked out to 7-8%. The S3 mace is a little faster than the Stormherald, so its rate could be potentially less, and it doesn't have the extra stun proc.

IMO if you got that far using the Stormherald, you might be better-served with the mace. Something to think about however, is that Sword Spec procs and WF procs can't proc one another, but it's possible that WF and SS proc could drop off the same attack (I think, not 100% on that).

In the end, the question is more about which holds the higher value: some additional control through the random stuns, or some additional burst through the extra 5% proc of Sword Specialization.

mace = lol skill
    sword = lol, out heal

get a sword with a shaman, sword spec + WF can win/turn a match quite quickly. get the mace if you plan on running with a druid or paladin, weapons for warriors are largely combo dependent.

i'm really not sure, asked this question in an other threah but got no response atm,

if you are Orc, you can think to the Axe, because getting your MSs dodged by casters (and others but these ones are very annoying) or parried by Melees is a great lack of dmg, expertise is great imo.

Well I'm going with the Sword atm, not that it's better, but you get kinda sick on the sound from the mace... (Better look too ftw...)

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    . get the mace if you plan on running with a druid or paladin, weapons for warriors are largely combo dependent.
    I don't understand that, my warrior went sword and we had a WAAAAAAY easier time vs certain settups... I play a pala...
    Sword all the way!

I'm a NE Warrior >< but yeah I'm leaning more towards sword because of the look and kinda want to try WF + Sword procs, what i've heard is people saying i shouldnt get Mace because i already got stormhearld, i guess that kind of makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA

I don't understand that, my warrior went sword and we had a WAAAAAAY easier time vs certain settups... I play a pala...
    Sword all the way!
    my comment was for retadin, i should have clarified, altho it is also nice to toss in an HoJ to reset your interrupt rotation after a mace stun proc.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJiJi
    I'm a NE Warrior >< but yeah I'm leaning more towards sword because of the look and kinda want to try WF + Sword procs, what i've heard is people saying i shouldnt get Mace because i already got stormhearld, i guess that kind of makes sense?
    this late in the season don't waste the points, just get s4 sword/mace/axe and see if weapon specs are adjusted and make a better decision then

Mace is better at high ratings 'cause there's just that many druids. Sword is much more fun and of course you can burst some1 down before they even notice their bars are dropping like crazyh. And against 2 dps combos it doesn't matter that much since the stun won't save you, it's all about the shammydan there when you're hanging around showing off your cool new shield.

Quote Originally Posted by kilssii
    Mace is better at high ratings 'cause there's just that many druids.
    Or get a sword and a paladin for justice? =P Gotta love druids...