Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Friend & Family Alpha Signup are now open

haha can i retrieve them from you in any other form then?

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Alpha is. You have to see it for yourself!

PSSSSS!!! strict NDA my ass. Someone has to know someone that is getting to try out the game. Now all you have to do is send and Email to MMo-champion with some photos taken with a digital camera of talent trees and their explination. Ofcourse Mmo- will never tell who sent them the email and they might just write it off as a rumor of the upcoming specs.

Its like if your buddies got it they would call you instantly and let you see it right? if they wouldnt then their not really homies more like people you know that play wow. If my buddie got it and wouldt let me take screenshots id smack him on the back of the head take him out of his house so he could man up a bit.

Now NERDS START LEAKING!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsofAnaheim
    PSSSSS!!! strict NDA my ass. Someone has to know someone that is getting to try out the game. Now all you have to do is send and Email to MMo-champion with some photos taken with a digital camera of talent trees and their explination. Ofcourse Mmo- will never tell who sent them the email and they might just write it off as a rumor of the upcoming specs.

Its like if your buddies got it they would call you instantly and let you see it right? if they wouldnt then their not really homies more like people you know that play wow. If my buddie got it and wouldt let me take screenshots id smack him on the back of the head take him out of his house so he could man up a bit.

Now NERDS START LEAKING!!!!!!
    Some people respect NDAs. The reasons may not be clear to you, but game shops don't make alpha/beta testers sign NDAs just because their lawyers are bored.

Quote Originally Posted by ProPlayer
    Um, hello... this page asks for your account name and password, and is not a secure site.. Only an idiot would enter their information. Why is mmo-champion even allowing this to be shown on their website. GG....
    either your a ebayer or you dont play world of warcraft, you had to do the same when upgrading from normal world of warcraft to the burning crusade expansion.

Tell me how u can make Dk:s ??
    ???
    Coz u need do Quest to BE Dk... Leaked i think.

Quote Originally Posted by ProPlayer
    Wow clearly states in all their medium they will never ask for password information... That page is not secure lol , THEY DONT ASK FOR PASSWORDS! When will people get it through their heads Blizz will never ask for password information, and its Clearly states on their MAIN PAGE. " Be wary of any program or web page that asks you for your World of Warcraft account name and password. Secure World of Warcraft web pages that ask you for your account name and password will generally have URLs that begin with "https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/". In addition, your browser should visually indicate that you are accessing a secure page. "
    Epic Fail.

Running beta.worldofwarcraft.com through domaintools.com comes up with :
    IP Location of : "California - Long Beach - Blizzard Entertainment"
    & a registrant of :

"Blizzard Entertainment
    P.O. Box 18979
    Irvine, California 92623
    United States"

So blizzard have registed the domain name of "worldofwarcrarft.com" of which
    "beta.worlofwarcraft.com" is a subdomain of. There isnt any way for a keylogger site
    to somehow get a domain name of "beta.worlofwarcraft.com" when "www.worldofwarcraft.com"
    is registered to Blizzard Entertainment. Since

If you click the "Download Client" URL you get a page that begins with
    "https://www.worldofwarcraft.com .... ETC" so its one that gets you to logon your
    acct management. That link for "beta.worldofwarcraft.com" uses a secure link of "https://"

In Firebox if you go Tools->Page Info and then go to the "Security" tab you will see it has a certificate from "Thawte Consulting cc" with an owner of "Blizzard Entertainment". Not only that but they are using High Grade Encryption , AES 256 bit encryption so your personal information is being encrypted before being sent. On furthar investigation it would show that Blizzard went for the Premium SuperCert certificate in August 2007 which would of cost them US$ 1,199.00 and is Thawte consulting's strongest encryption and certification avaliable

Before going for the Kneejerk reaction maybe you should fully investigate something before posting the first thing that goes through your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by HooCee
    Tell me how u can make Dk:s ??
    ???
    Coz u need do Quest to BE Dk... Leaked i think.
    Nothing definite being leaked from the Alpha yet . The only thing those patch notes had on them was a listing of things open to test , where the public transportation to Northend is leaving from and a confirmation of what level your death knight starts out at . Pretty skint on details so far.

The stuff on having to do a quest to unlock a death knight is direct from Blizzard - do some searchs for it and you should have no trouble finding it

When you enter the http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com webpage, a login page appears. Anyone with a US account wich have tried to Login to this ?

Guys, http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com is the very same site they used to use for the PTRs, and what they used for BC. Yes, phishing scams are getting more and more sophisticated, but if you don't know how to identify a FALSE (or TRUE, for that matter) subdomain, you have a lot more to be worried about.

It's legit, but you won't be able to do ANYTHING with it, since you don't have a WotLK CD/Alpha-Key.

You had to enter your account info to upgrade to BC, didn't you? Same thing here, except you don't have a Alpha Key.

European is also up, but no chance to download the client.

so its like;

Thx for letting us know the alpha is out.., and thx for not letting us have a try on it? <_<

Keep posting for the thousandth about the Alpha going live, then continue to ban people who post on the forums about leaks!

This site blows.

Ok guys seriously where's the hunter? Stop slacking. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by trunicated
    Guys, http://beta.worldofwarcraft.com is the very same site they used to use for the PTRs, and what they used for BC. Yes, phishing scams are getting more and more sophisticated, but if you don't know how to identify a FALSE (or TRUE, for that matter) subdomain, you have a lot more to be worried about.

It's legit, but you won't be able to do ANYTHING with it, since you don't have a WotLK CD/Alpha-Key.

You had to enter your account info to upgrade to BC, didn't you? Same thing here, except you don't have a Alpha Key.
    It's interesting if you use Firefox to take a look at the security certificate for that site

It comes back as Owned by Blizzard Entertainment and according to my research they choose the strongest most expensive certificate from the certifing authority they could get (would of cost them $1200)

So for the last time its legit

Quote Originally Posted by Pukal
    what about this??
    Stuff from previous posts about wrath.

I was referring to the patch notes for the alpha. No where in the patch notes for the alpha is the information you posted.

Any screenshot of talents?

Quote Originally Posted by Xokati
    Any screenshot of talents?
    not yet, we have just the ones from dbc. Ingame view will be availible only if people will be able to create sandbox/ascent server...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthoniel
    not yet, we have just the ones from dbc. Ingame view will be availible only if people will be able to create sandbox/ascent server...
    I give them untill..... tonight. :]
    And the link for the alpha has been all over the place already. :]

yeah i hope itll be soon some people are already working on it