Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

2 Kills, 2 Glaives: How Rare?

So, my guild killed Illidan last week, for the first time and got the MH Warglaive.
    Tonight, killed him for the second time, we got the OH Warglaive.

I think I only know of 1 other guild that has done this, but how many more have, and whats the chance on this ever happening? I almost fell out of my seat when I saw it and on vent everyone was going nuts.

Re: 2 Kills, 2 Glaives: How Rare?

Mh glaive -6% chance of dropping
    Offhand Glaive- 7% chance of dropping

Given 2 weeks there is roughly a 4.76% chance of getting 1 of each glaive. Thus of the 1400 guilds that have killed illidan roughly 295 of them have had this happen at SOME point in their history.

Although some guilds (sk-gaming for instance) take 277+ days to get their first MH glaive, so its all luck

Deleted

we have my main (set completed) on the 15th kill, offhand on the 16th and another offhand on the 17th ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Thanntos
    So, my guild, The All Mighty of Suramar PvE, killed Illidan last week, for the first time and got the MH Warglaive.
    Tonight, killed him for the second time, we got the OH Warglaive.

I think I only know of 1 other guild that has done this, but how many more have, and whats the chance on this ever happening? I almost fell out of my seat when I saw it and on vent everyone was going nuts.

ZOMG hax seriously tho...damn good luck on that one

We got a MH glaive this week and a MH glaive last week.

I think the rares drop I've ever seen was both parts of TF dropping one night.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

we got 6 epix on trash pulls going to the first boss in SSC once

I'd like to end out a collective **** you from everyone who has farmed him for months and doesn't have a single rogue with a completed set >

Seriously though, congrats, don't let that rogue go

On top of that... a guild on my server, Barthilas got 3 MH glaives in 3 kills! WTF!

but anyways grats voodoo

Quote Originally Posted by exhaze
    I'd like to end out a collective **** you from everyone who has farmed him for months and doesn't have a single rogue with a completed set >

Seriously though, congrats, don't let that rogue go
    Amen to that. We've been doing one night clears for 6 months and only have one glaive which we got on our first kill...

EDIT-I've taken it upon myself to put in a ticket to the GMs every time we kill him and another one doesn't drop ;D
    Will it resolve anything? Nah, probably not. Will I get a kick out of the GM responses? Probably so.

the drop rates are buffed... its 10% for mh and OH is 15% ..... so donnt be surpise.

Glaives arent that good now... kiljaeden swords can easily compared

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by 15JAN2008
    Glaives arent that good now... kiljaeden swords can easily compared
    What!? Glaive's are fantastic, There wont be any better weapon for the people that use them until WotLK, And what Swords from Kil'jaeden are you talking about exactly? as far as I am aware he doesn't drop any 1H Swords.

Two guilds on my server, including my own, got our glaive on our first kill.

RNG, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaine
    What!? Glaive's are fantastic, There wont be any better weapon for the people that use them until WotLK, And what Swords from Kil'jaeden are you talking about exactly? as far as I am aware he doesn't drop any 1H Swords.
    Kil'jaeden drops 1h fist weps with more dps but less abilities, and 2 yellow slots.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...hedeceiver.jpg

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by numblocke
    Kil'jaeden drops 1h fist weps with more dps but less abilities, and 2 yellow slots.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...hedeceiver.jpg
    1) I know full well about the Fist

2) It isn't a sword.

3) No Warrior or Rogue with the MH Glaive is going to give it up for that, Enhancement Shamans rejoice

Aerie Peak - Uprising - Both Glaives In first 2 kills.. and another rogue has the off hand and after many more kills have not had the main hand drop.. Messed up drop rates if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    If someone at work said how was your day, tell them "I killed a god damn DRAGON! How was your day? Not as cool as killing a DRAGON I bet!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    Rule #40: Under no circumstances look a resto druid in the eyes. They are easily scared away and may not ever come back.

omg onyxia is deep breathing more this patch?????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Evaine
    1) I know full well about the Fist

2) It isn't a sword.

3) No Warrior or Rogue with the MH Glaive is going to give it up for that, Enhancement Shamans rejoice
    I'm not disagreeing with that at all, *shrug* I'm just informing you as to what the other person was referencing. Shaman loot... just like EVERY other thing that drops ... *sigh*

We have a loot whore shaman of epic proportions in our guild... 3 offsets of full t6 and he's trying to whore sunwell loot with no dkp, lol.

3 kills so far, first two were two MH glaives ;D.

Dsswoosh

Quote Originally Posted by numblocke
    Mh glaive -6% chance of dropping
    Offhand Glaive- 7% chance of dropping

Given 2 weeks there is roughly a 4.76% chance of getting 1 of each glaive. Thus of the 1400 guilds that have killed illidan roughly 295 of them have had this happen at SOME point in their history.

Although some guilds (sk-gaming for instance) take 277+ days to get their first MH glaive, so its all luck
    Hehe, not quite right.

Assuming a 6% chance for Main hand an 7% chance for Offhand, a more accurate way (although still kinda simplistic and doesn't take into account every possible outcome) to calculate the probablitly of this happening in 2 consecutive weeks is -

P = number of specific outcomes / total number of possible outcomes

and would work out as -

P = (6%) x (7%)
    or
    P = (6/100) x (7x100)
    or
    P = (0.06) x (0.07)

= 0.0042
    = 0.42% of seeing successull main hand and offhand drop in a single occurrence (ie in 2 consecutive kills)

I couldn't find the number of guilds that have killed Illidan, but there are currently 1881 guilds that have killed Kalecgnos (http://www.wowprogress.com/), so based on this number (although im sure the number to have killed Illidan is probably double this)

0.42% of 1881 = (0.42/100) x 1881 = 7.9

So there should be approximately 8 guilds that have kill Kalegnos to see this happen.

The actual number should be lower than this though as you would also need to calculate the chances of 2 main hands dropping consecutively, 2 offhands dropping consecutively, no warglaies dropping at all. And im simply not clever enough to put this all together :'(