Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dsswoosh

Re: affliction WL in raid

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Thing is, if you raid does good enough dps for Brutallus for example you can afford to bring a affliction lock.
    If that loss of dps, cos he will be as u say lower in dps, matter too much, then take a destro lock.

Even tho my affliction lock is in the meelegrp I will still be able to put out 1650 dps with wiz oil/brill wiz oi and a flask of pure deat and spelldamage food.

BUt a well geared afflictionlock can pump out awesome dps

Also my affelock lack (can get better items) some slots still, a ring, 2 trinkets and offhand/wand so my guess is lategame affe locks with real good gear wont have any troubles doing 2000 dps as RUIN at least.
    If your raid does enough dps to kill brutalis with an affliction lock, the chances are your 2 tanks are well geared enough to tank it without an imp. (believe me or not i dont care, but weve killed brutalis with a t4/t5/t6 druid tanking)

As for your theory's on affliction dps. All i can say is, no, no, no.

An affliction lock in the main tank group (bcoz that is where he belongs) will not hit more than 1600 dps. And that is if your lucky. If you have all the sunwell drops, you might be able to hit 1700 (again if your very lucky).

This is the highest affliction dps spec in end game gear (notice i said END GAME GEAR, before anybody points out to me you need xx crit for ruin to be > UA), with shadow embrace, malediction, improved imp and ruin.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Iq0rVMftVkcZMZxx0tr0z

Most ive ever done with that build is 1609 dps. (currently weighing in at 1428 fel armour buffed shadow dmg, 29.82%crit, 134 haste)

Deleted