Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

SK Gaming vs KJ (They used an exploit)

I just made a thread on offical forums about it.. Here we go...

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....72327798&sid=1

Greetings....

I just watched their kj video and i'm pretty sure that they used some exploits druing the fight.

@%55 mage and paladin used ds and iceblock when they were on full hp. So i'm sure some of you thinks what happens when they use it, it is a game feature. But its a bit different on this fight.. It also means they wont be targetable by adds so if kj tries to summon adds on them he is gonna fail. (and it also happened on next adds phase)

@%25 mage used iceblock again when he was on full on hp. I also checked his talents he spent some pts to get cold snap to use this exploit.. So kj tries to summon adds but he couldnt do it, he failed coz mage is immune when he tried to summon adds.

This is not a first kill. This is a perfect exploit and lame kill. I think they dont deserve their first kill tag. If you dont believe me just check fight mechanics for this boss first and then download movie and check it before reply pls. I dont want to see any crap comments from fanboys.

Thanks...
    Ps: I'm not a Nihilum fan/SK hater. I dont care about their first kills. I just watched this video and realized that they used an exploit and i think this is not fair so i just want to discuss it, thanks..

Re: SK Gaming vs KJ (They used an exploit)

You realy have free time dont you?(I'm gonna watch the video again now )

since when is iceblock an exploit? its a skill of a class... exploits are more like walljumping to get no dmg.

this kill is perfectly legal

Clever usage of game mechanics obviously.

There is no such thing as exploits on first kills, except if you directly do something against game-mechanics such as wall/obstacle-jumping (Twins) or wall-hacking (C'thun)

Breaking News! - Method exploited KJ with a Murloc Suit !

This thread is now about kittens and cookies!

Creative use of game mechanics.

I've been immune to azgalor's doom thanks to silence procing nether protection right before it was cast on me. I guess I exploited too.

It will be hotfixed if blizzard thinks it's a problem.

Shut up since when is using IB a exploit its a class skill for god sake! OMG they used Lifebloom no you exploited Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    blackeye u dont understand
    using iceblock itself is fine however as i understand from thread
    it prevents kj from summoning adds if used at proper moment
    and if what op saying is true then idd they did exploit and first kill should go to method, unless they exploited aswell etc ;p
    i do perfectly understand it but ye as someone said on the wow forums you can slo iceblock out of illhoofs chains and that isn't considered an expoid so why would this be one :

Clever use of game mechanics.
    Besides, how can you not claim its a first kill. Who knows all other guilds use iceblock/DS aswell to avoid adds.

someone is angry that their guild didn't try it first :

Ps: I'm not a Nihilum fan/SK hater. I dont care about their first kills.
    i loled so much

I think that avoiding the add spawn with iceblock etc.. will be fixed.

In my opinion it is an exploit. It is not intended to counter such a devastating move of KJ with some minor abilities.

There is a rumor going around that Nihilum killed him with 4 Orbs active right from the start.... hope this isn't true? or is this why they are not releasing a movie? ....

That's an exploit on a world first? Give me a break..

Quote Originally Posted by joppel
    I think that avoiding the add spawn with iceblock etc.. will be fixed.

In my opinion it is an exploit. It is not intended to counter such a devastating move of KJ with some minor abilities.

There is a rumor going around that Nihilum killed him with 4 Orbs active right from the start.... hope this isn't true? or is this why they are not releasing a movie? ....
    Nihilum ARE releasing a movie, but how about giving them time to make it first?

Quote Originally Posted by blackeye
    since when is iceblock an exploit? its a skill of a class... exploits are more like walljumping to get no dmg.

this kill is perfectly legal
    It must be fixed, just like using hellfire on twins is an exploit. From a warlocks point of view, it's just a class skill that makes you take fire dmg. Why shouldn't that reset the shadow debuff?..

And so on..

I have to agree that that would be an exploit, but, yeah, it does fall into this lovely little grey area between "Clever usage of game mechanics" and exploiting :-\
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

After some thinking I have concluded that this is not an exploit, it's a Bug.
    Blizzard will most likely fix it, yes. But using iceblock can not be classified as an exploit.
    They are taking advantage of a bug. They are NOT doing something that was not meant to be done, Blizzard made Kil'Jaeden do something/don't do something that was meant to be done. There is a significant difference.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vanias
    I just watched this video and realized that they used an exploit and i think this is not fair so i just want to discuss it, thanks..[/i]
    Trololol

No serious: What is your problem? You saw someone use his class abilities? Big deal! It's exactly like the others said: If Blizzard thinks this is an unintended mistake which needs a repair, they will deploy a hotfix like they did earlier this week for the same encounter.

Even though I don't care about world first kills at all, I'd give SK full credit for their kill. Be happy for someone else, rather than flaming their methods and call it unfair game for no apparent reason. I would assume the devs tested all common player abilities on this fight even before the PTR's started, so there is a big chance they already know about this.

Who can tell?

EDIT: Removed the not so friendly part

I have not done the fight yet, but...
    I'm assuming your talking about the Sinister Reflection adds.
    doesn't KJ target a random raid person? is there any warning ahead of time as to which person is going to get the sinister reflection?
    because if not there's only 3 immune ppl in the raid (they had 1 mage, 2 palas in the raid) that's only a 12% chance that KJ will target one of the iceblock/ds ppl.
    Some could consider this an exploit, but if they were really trying to exploit that bug they would have brought much more mages/palas, then they could have greatly increased the chance of avoiding adds.

Oh boy... Not even gonna touch the link to the original post. I can't even imagine what kind of shitstorm all the fanboys from both sides are making D:
    tbh, "Clever use of game mechanics" is a nice way of saying exploit, the same way gentle caress is a nice way of saying fuck :o
    If anything else, the line between the two is very slim :P