Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: SK Gaming vs KJ (They used an exploit)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyon
    Quoted from wiki

Using an Iceblock to remove a debuff is not an exploit, it's like using your iceblock to get out of the Demon Chains on Illhoof yet I see no complaints there. People here are just jealous jerks looking for ways to declare someone better than them failures.

Also even if this was not the intention of Blizzard it's still not an exploit, they'll just have to fix it to the way they wanted it to be.
    The difference here is that the boss used his ability on the target and then the player used his skills to get out of it, using skills to prevent a boss from using an ability is called exploiting

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    The difference here is that the boss used his ability on the target and then the player used his skills to get out of it, using skills to prevent a boss from using an ability is called exploiting
    So by that logic, bubbling or what have you to get out of Demon chains, hence preventing him from damaging you and healing was an exploit?

I use my skills to kill a boss, once dead, I prevented him from using abilities by using my skills :O
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Deleted

using skills to prevent a boss from using an ability is called exploiting
    Is it? Where do you base this on, actually?

And how exactly do you call it when a mage uses IceBlock to remove all unwanted debuffs (DoT's, Curses, etc) in a PvP enviroment? Is it fair game then, or exploiting as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyon
    Quoted from wiki

Using an Iceblock to remove a debuff is not an exploit, it's like using your iceblock to get out of the Demon Chains on Illhoof yet I see no complaints there. People here are just jealous jerks looking for ways to declare someone better than them failures.

Using iceblock is making you immune to things.. Such as the Chains.. But I can't find 'Immune to Add Spawning' anywhere in it's tooltip

-Quote-
    Yeah, just like Decursing at Atumen - It's a dispellable curse (Stop Trolling)
    or Shackling the Adds for Moroes - They were meant to be Crowd Controlled, You have to kill at least a few or Moroes will reset (Stop Trolling)
    or Dispelling Holy Fire in the Maiden of Virtue Fight - It was meant to be dispelled quickly or else you would just get burned to crap (Stop Trolling)
    or Disorienting Strawman by doing Fire damage - He was meant to get pwnd by fire damage, Ever noticed Straw in his name? (Stop Trolling)
    or Using Fear Ward for the MT in the Nightbane Fight - Nightbane uses a fear.. so why not use a fear ward? Does Fear ward prevent mobs from spawning? (Stop Trolling)
    or Using (an amplified) Curse of Doom for a 30k+ hit on the Curator - A nicely timed Curse of Doom on Curator.. Why not? Does it prevent spawning adds? (Stop Trolling)
    or Iceblocking/Shielding in the Demonic Chains of Illhoof - As said above in my post Iceblock and shield make you immune to attacks and spells, But I don't think their tooltips say anything about 'Preventing mob spawn'? (Stop Trolling)
    or Shapeshifting out of Arans Sheep - Your a druid, the tooltip states:'Makes you immune to prollymorph effects'(I didn't intend to write that at first Best mistype ever imo Lol prollymorph) You can also trinket out of it, I don't really have an opinion about that being an exploit..(You should be good enough to prevent his mass polymorph anyway) (Stop Trolling)
    or Let a Rogue enter the Green ray at Netherspite - Ehh..Whats so bad about this? Nothing states a healer MUST stand in it (Stop Trolling)
    or The whole raid standing in the doorway, to avoid Malchezaars Adds - Thats an exploit.. Your first btw, And it god fixed.. Hurray for your ignorance (Stop Trolling)

Stop Trolling!
    Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, or future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Everyone, and I mean everyone that says SK used an absurd exploit using bubble to "NEGATE BOSS ABILITIES LAWL" is a complete and utter moron. And you guys are clueless of your life. Thank you.
    l2p

Quote Originally Posted by SP33D14
    Using iceblock is making you immune to things.. Such as the Chains.. But I can't find 'Immune to Add Spawning' anywhere in it's tooltip
    Well then maybe you should read the tooltip again, noob.

"You become encased in a block of ice, protecting you from all physical attacks and spells for 10 sec"

Last time I looked, KJ summoning an add on your ass was a spell.

Ah too much poor comments from kara geared fanboys and also from SK anyway i dont give a #@@*.

Anyway its nice too see good comments from smart persons instead of bla bla bla (you got it ) fanboys

I know its hard to hear but many of you doesnt have any idea about this fight mechanics. They didnt use it to survive while adds on them. They used it coz they already know there is a bug and yeah you need some luck too. As you see in the video pala and mage tried to use it on %55 but nothing happened coz Kj targeted shaman to summon adds. but at %25 it worked coz he targeted mage and i'm pretty sure it would be a wipe without expo..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q u o t e:
    since when is iceblock an exploit? its a skill of a class... exploits are more like walljumping to get no dmg.

this kill is perfectly legal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pew pew

Q u o t e:
    It must be fixed.. It is just like using hellfire on twins is an exploit. From a warlocks point of view, it's just a class skill that makes you take fire dmg. Why shouldn't that reset the shadow debuff?..

Q u o t e:
    tbh, "Clever use of game mechanics" is a nice way of saying exploit, the same way gentle caress is a nice way of saying @@!%

Q u o t e:
    In their video there is no spawn at 25% while the Inner Sanctum video shows images up at 25% and SK also has a raid warning for them, they just do not pop up. Clever use of game mechanics is one thing, using game mechanics to skip something in an encounter that is obviously meant to happen is something very different. At least they are moving on very thin ice there.

As you see Sk didnt have adds from %25 to 0 without adds it is easymode and they already know it. Thats the reason why their mage spent 21 pts on frost talents. Sorry sk but you dont deserve this kill What a shame on you...

Okgzthxbye <3

The way your bringing it is kinda off.. Let me try:
    Using a skill that isn't Intended to do something it did due to a bugg.. And clearly abusing that bugg is called exploiting.. Can't wait to get Quoted
    Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, or future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

The way your bringing it is kinda off.. Let me try:
    Using a skill that isn't Intended to do something it did due to a bugg.. And clearly abusing that bugg is called exploiting.. Can't wait to get Quoted
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Everyone, and I mean everyone that says SK used an absurd exploit using bubble to "NEGATE BOSS ABILITIES LAWL" is a complete and utter moron. And you guys are clueless of your life. Thank you.
    l2p
    Love your forum title

Deleted

It's very simple really.

Wait a couple of months and see if Blizz brings out a hot-patch to fix this.

If they fix it then it was an exploit, if then don't then it was a cunning tactic.

Ultimately, they are the arbitrators of what is or isn't an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beliandra
    Well then maybe you should read the tooltip again, noob.

"You become encased in a block of ice, protecting you from all physical attacks and spells for 10 sec"

Last time I looked, KJ summoning an add on your ass was a spell.
    Ah well then i have to correct myself.. If it's a spell you should be able to get rid of it by using ice block or Divine shield. But there is no need to 'noob' me, I've been posting more useful comments than most here..

Being clever doesn't mean it's a exlpoit.

Wall jumping to get to the last boss of Heroic BF was an exploit, which I accepted the 3 hour ban I got for it. Iceblocking to prevent an attack, spell, whatever is as much an exploit as fear warding an MT to avoid a bellowing roar, or Archimonde's fear.

So If I counterspell Aran for exampe on this Fireball preventing him from casting his ability, am I exploiting?

i like turtles

Ah well then i have to correct myself.. If it's a spell you should be able to get rid of it by using ice block or Divine shield. But there is no need to 'noob' me, I've been posting more useful comments than most here..
    Are you honestly so naive to think people look for reasons to 'noob' someone on a forum? A gaming forum even? D:

Tbh if people think this is an exploit, you will find a lot of exploits in arenas or battleground^^

If you see a fire mage casting a pyroblast, and you bubble or use Ice block, then that would be an exploit aswell. Using bubble or Ice Block, when you see someone casting a spell at you, can't in any way be an exploit.

They should just nerf the Druid and Mage call... everytime a game master leaves me, he wishes me something with bread and water, so why not make the Mage call the way Blizzard wants the mage to be and have the sinister reflections conjure bread and water? :