Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blizzcast Episode 3 is out !

Quote Originally Posted by spud
    Every single interview is dealt out in a "I-am-above-the-community" attitude, "We have a tried & tested winning formula, do you?" - that may be fair & justified for now.
    Strange, quite the opposite feeling of what I got from the interview, to me his tone seemed more like "Yeah, we screwed up a lot on TBC and have been learning to make the introduction curve to raiding smoother for wotlk." He even points out their biggest failures, instances like AC and Gruul/Maggy when they started out, showing what they can learn from those mistakes. I dont see any vanity or arrogance there.

Imho, the interview delivers a mish-mash of no-substative real information and mutual back-patting between Bornak & Kaplan.
    Well to be fair all the whole interview is made in-house and as such all questions are probably scripted and pre-selected by management beforehand, so that sense of mutual back-patting is to be expected. As for no real extra info, I think Bliz made it clear a long time back that the podcast is meant more as a wrapup of released info than a groundshattering pressconference on new upcoming content. For hardcore players such as the usual patrons of MMO-Champion, the blizcast will never really bring much new info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranaerys
    Strange, quite the opposite feeling of what I got from the interview, to me his tone seemed more like "Yeah, we screwed up a lot on TBC and have been learning to make the introduction curve to raiding smoother for wotlk." He even points out their biggest failures, instances like AC and Gruul/Maggy when they started out, showing what they can learn from those mistakes. I dont see any vanity or arrogance there.

Well to be fair all the whole interview is made in-house and as such all questions are probably scripted and pre-selected by management beforehand, so that sense of mutual back-patting is to be expected. As for no real extra info, I think Bliz made it clear a long time back that the podcast is meant more as a wrapup of released info than a groundshattering pressconference on new upcoming content. For hardcore players such as the usual patrons of MMO-Champion, the blizcast will never really bring much new info.
    Should have phrased it better, but I was refering to generally in interviews/forums or forms of official channel to interact with their fan base. Case in point as an example. Again, it's just a personal feeling & percetion I get I suppose.

Yes to be fair : they did on the onset make a disclaimer that it was not meant to groundbreaking news. Again to me, it's the different side of the same coin. It's apparent that they are experimenting with what others are consistently doing, obviously they either i) think it's a really good idea/alternative channel to reach out to the community or ii) they are just stepping up to the competition (albeit half-heartedly imo).

It's almost agonizing that they are half-step out the door in this direction but choose to just be a c*** teaser to put it bluntly. In all honestly, why go through the effort to orchestrate a publicity/PR move to deliver something which can be read via an online magazine or the dozens of fan-sites out there which would have covered it in one degree or another.

Personally (but not representative), I can't think of a more simple answer than just plain arrogance & wanting everyone else to dance to their tune if they decide to play any music.

edit: typos

I'm not sure which podcast you listened to but a educated player who has done his homework would of learned much reading between the lines.

First off anyone who has been following the alpha release should be well aware of the fact that there are barely four instances you can find entrances to, so that knowing they plan a dozen FIVE MAN instances means there is a shit ton of interesting stuff not there yet.

Secondly when they talked about attunments they mentioned how all their instances are spread out. this means they are abandoning the idea of having most instances SM style 3 wings of the same basic content. For me that is good news.

Last thing I heard which was incredibly good news to hear was the end of welfare epics. Badge loot to be given out to your proper tier depending on what set of instances you can currently accomplish... this is amazing news! This means people in end game instance can get gear to help them progress appropriate to their level of content. This encourages raiders to come for the tier badges so they will end up getting loot regardless if those bosses drop their items or not. This would also mean there will be many more types of badge items available in the long run (Which will probably be he equivalent of new seasons of arena gear so it is no longer a requirement to do arenas for weapons)

Basically they just said WotLK will run smother then BC. The choice between 10-25 man content allows smooth progression between instances as well as the fact that they are improving progression in general so to go to the next tier you do not have to complete the 10 man version first. (Btw they also said that there are separate tier gear for 10 man and 25man when they mentioned the differences in the gear)

So before you throw a fit because they didn't hand you information with a silver spoon please notice these questions are picked to seem insubstantial but have hidden meanings.

/cry
    why can't I raid mc for 3years

This new badge system sounds good. Higher level badges from higher level dungeons can be exchanged for higher level rewards. So we can call this LESS casual.

I'm really interested to hear if they will keep the end game pacing the same as they did in TBC. IE -- Release T8 along the same time as people are finishing T7. My guild completed T5 roughly three times and then went into T6 almost exclusively unless we had to attune apps or something. To me, that was the biggest mistake of TBC. They basically wasted an entire tier of content. Not to mention that the trash was initially tuned so poorly that even when people could out gear the content getting people to go back was like pulling teeth.

.. omg, they talked about trailers, movies, commercials.. but no cinematic wotlk intro :P :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Well I'm definitely glad about a the badge item deal. At least they are *thinking* about giving badge rewards according to the tier of your progression. Whether or not they do this pretty much determines on if I'm playing casual or not in WotLK. I know for one thing I didn't enjoy busting my ass in TK to eventually get a t5 chest and then 2.4 comes and sweet people can farm kara/za to get a chest that's almost just as good.

One thing that frustrates me is how they are going about the 10/25 man raid set up. They keep trying to correct people when they say hard vs. easy mode (25 man vs. 10 man) but in reality, that's really what it is. He said himself that they expect the 10 man version of the instance to be 1 tier in gear/progression/difficulty behind the 25 man... Imagine the trolls/hardcore smart ass remarks on people who enjoy 10 manning instances -- it's going to be something worth no value compared to the "superior" 25 man raiders. I don't understand why they can't do something similar to Kara:Gruul's/Mag, ZA:SSC/TK. Was Vashj or Kael easier than Zul'jin? hell no, but it was in a similar range of difficulty. This whole tier difference in difficulty stuff is really making me apprehensive about WotLK end game.

Quote Originally Posted by alanik
    Well I'm definitely glad about a the badge item deal. At least they are *thinking* about giving badge rewards according to the tier of your progression. Whether or not they do this pretty much determines on if I'm playing casual or not in WotLK. I know for one thing I didn't enjoy busting my ass in TK to eventually get a t5 chest and then 2.4 comes and sweet people can farm kara/za to get a chest that's almost just as good.

One thing that frustrates me is how they are going about the 10/25 man raid set up. They keep trying to correct people when they say hard vs. easy mode (25 man vs. 10 man) but in reality, that's really what it is. He said himself that they expect the 10 man version of the instance to be 1 tier in gear/progression/difficulty behind the 25 man... Imagine the trolls/hardcore smart ass remarks on people who enjoy 10 manning instances -- it's going to be something worth no value compared to the "superior" 25 man raiders. I don't understand why they can't do something similar to Kara:Gruul's/Mag, ZA:SSC/TK. Was Vashj or Kael easier than Zul'jin? hell no, but it was in a similar range of difficulty. This whole tier difference in difficulty stuff is really making me apprehensive about WotLK end game.
    The gear awarded should reflect the difficulty of the content. Everyone knows that comparing the organization of 15 more people is much harder not even comparing the complexity of the bosses 25 vs. 10 man. 25man gear should always be better then any other pve gear in the game otherwise no one would go through the hassle. If someone wants 25man gear they can earn their way into a guild and 25man content like most of us.

I knew there was a catch. I have 4 Warlock Profession mules at 70 who have S2 so they look good while transmuting etc. The only thing I wanted was Plagueheart. Now I assume the PvE gear from naxx will be plagueheart look alike but not the PvP gear. Now I may have to PvE on 4 warlocks; good thing it's an entry level raid.

I love how they are going to make raiding even easier for those of you that are terrible at this game.

Ridiculous

I am also happy with the idea of different badges giving different gear for badge rewards.
    While I don't really mind that someone can buy (for example) the dps ring from badges (farmed in Heroic SP or Kara) on the isle, it makes no sense to me that this ring is better than the dps ring you get from being exalted with Hyjal and having killed Kael and Vashj (and on the same lvl as the third timed chest in ZA)...
    if it (and other OP badge rewards) were only available from SSC + lvl badges, I would be happier with the overall badge reward system.

Two 10yr olds can have a better conversation.
    The whole thing can be summarized to:
    "Hey Jeff, what class are you facerolling in the wotlk?"
    "Oh I dono, how bout priest? I hear priests tend to be gay"

Die in a fire and move to AoC guys. :]

Bornakk: What can players who have cleared only the 10 person version expect when they try to do the 25 person version?
    Jeff Kaplan: They should be able to expect having at least 15 more people there with them. In all seriousness, the fights will change anytime that you raise the number of people or just introduce different people to a raiding environment or change up class composition it changes the general vibe of that raid so I think it will always feel different, not just from 10 to 25 but whenever you switch up raid composition.

Well there you go people, WotLK in a nut shell!
    Im summarize it for you:

10 mans will be exactly like 25 mans. No changes but to the amount of people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicarras
    I love how they are going to make raiding even easier for those of you that are terrible at this game.

Ridiculous
    Indeed, this is why I'm just going to wait on a PvP MMO now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten
    Indeed, this is why I'm just going to wait on a PvP MMO now.
    Can't wait for you to go. :]

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Can't wait for you to go. :]
    Seems you didn't get the memo, that I already left carebear vanilla WoW. Had such potential for PvE content.

And still has, and it's going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten
    Seems you didn't get the memo, that I already left carebear vanilla WoW. Had such potential for PvE content.
    And you are missing Sunwell, a shame really.
    The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.