Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Spell damage changes in WotLK, Blizzcast recap

ASHBRINGER STORY WILL BE CONTUINIED! OMGOMGOMG

While the spell dmg only being removed is nice for people who have to respec, that's all it changes.

These are wotlk's big changes.. WHOOPIDEE DOO BASIL.

Unless they're doing the same thing to convert Spell Crit and or Mana Regen stats I don't see what the big deal is. So until we see more I say "useless change".

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Empac
    Awsome, now my ret pally will be able to tank. Wait! Does that mean ret pallies will be able to heal for good amounts now? Freaking Sweet! Holy tree here I come, lol!
    (Sarcasm off)
    why the hell would a ret pally have spell power.....they changed all their shit to being attack power modified
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    this is an awesome change!!! i dont have to grind both shadow and holy sets on my priest!!!
    Wouldn' count on that. Shadow Priests could also be supposed to use the same gear that mages and warlocks use. Cloth with sta, int, spitit spellpower and spellcrit on it (yes, warlocks will use spirit in wotlk).

So I can't just swap some gear for spelldamage to do daylies or whatever with my resto druid but I need to respecc? :

There's definetly gonna be more competition, but on the other hand it's a good chance. Respeccing costs gold, but that's it. People don't have to do grind honor, spend thousands of gold, ... for their healing set.
    I don't understand why people call Blizzard lazy? The point of all is that we benefit from it right?
    Despite the competition, priests, Elemental and Restoration Shaman, Balance and Restoration Druid will be very happy with this change! And this means there will be more spell damage gear overall.

Heroic Badges will be back in WotLK, and the concept will be applied to both Heroic and Raid dungeons. The current plan is to create different Badges for different tiers of gear and just not let players buy all the gear with the same currency.
    This sounds very good to me. Now people can grind the 'easier' heroics with T5 to get Isle of Quel'danas items.
    Now people who do more difficult heroics will be better awarded!

It's gonna be good -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebalee
    So I can't just swap some gear for spelldamage to do daylies or whatever with my resto druid but I need to respecc? :
    Ideally all gear will have spell damage, any healing tree will include talents to increase healing done by x% from your spell damage.
    Ideally that talent will not lower your spell damage in favor of healing, cause if that happends, healers will need to respec to do any damage, while now they can just change gear sets.

Now I only hope blizzard does the same for tank gear... cause healers already got a nice boost with the adding of +dmg on healing gear a few patches ago. Tanks got nothing, again.

So it's safe to say that warlocks and shadow priests won't be finding any "+x shadow damage" gear in WoTLK. Shame. Unless warlocks and shadow priests get special modifiers to convert to shadow damage.

Also, I like how they say "10-man raids won't be any easier than 25-man raids, but the 25-man raiders will get a better tier of gear!". It just sounds like they are having a really hard time trying to wrap their heads around making the game more casual friendly yet still offer challenges to the hardcore.

While I like the concept of being able to raid everything in 10-man format, it'd be like 10-man raiding Karazhan for months only to then go back and 25-man it. Seriously, by the time you're geared from Karazhan you really don't want to go back and see that place again (that place would be dead now if it weren't a badge farm).

If a mage takes a potential upgrade from me, he/she shall find their self at the very bottom of the healing list, even below pets when I have grid set to show me pets.

meh as shadowpriest i wouldn't like that change

first of all it wouldn't make much sence why change it with how it now works?

set bonusses? all are getting same bonusses then too?

WTF would a mage want with gear that says +healing even though his talents change it it would look uber stupid while inspecting some mage or warlock orsomething

imho it looks damn fecking stupid would mean no more +shadowdmg items either wich often have most spelldmg on them frozen shadowweave boots for example

@bloodwine77 : what you say about 10man and 25 man raids is crap
    10 man raids will be bit easier then 25 mans ofcourse cause there is also said that the gear gap between 10 man and 25man is almost a full tier

it simply is harder to get 25 man to raid and do their job then it is to do 10 man it takes 15 more people who need to do their job good so for casuals there be 10mans and for hardcore 25 mans

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen
    why the hell would a ret pally have spell power.....they changed all their shit to being attack power modified
    God, do you people even read?

The last part of that post said: Sarcasm off/

Its called Sarcasm for a reason. Learn it, live it, like it!

I can see it now, "dude I needed that cuz I can use it in the expansion" . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by xinnie
    @bloodwine77 : what you say about 10man and 25 man raids is crap
    10 man raids will be bit easier then 25 mans ofcourse cause there is also said that the gear gap between 10 man and 25man is almost a full tier

it simply is harder to get 25 man to raid and do their job then it is to do 10 man it takes 15 more people who need to do their job good so for casuals there be 10mans and for hardcore 25 mans
    I'm just going by what the Blue said above:
    10/25 man versions of the same instance will have totally separate progression and will be equally hard. The 10-man version isn't supposed to be easier or anything like that.
    I understand the complexity of coordinating 25 people vs. 10 people, but 25-mans aren't always harder than 10-mans. I personally find ZA more challenging than Gruuls or Mags. The flipside to 10-mans is there is generally less room for error than 25-mans (unless you outgear the place)

(About the Spelldmg change....)

I know that this is World of Rumorcraft, but we shouldn't rush (imo) to judge this change. Let's see first how it's really/finally going to be.

Btw, do you remember at all this talent (Priest - Shadow) that was initially in Wotlk Alpha?
    Growing Pains - "Converts 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus healing into bonus spell damage. In addition, your Mind Flay has a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to refresh the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain on the target." (Shadow)

Ok, it got removed from the game, but I think it shows more or less what they are thinking...
    Why did they remove it? I have no idea. Maybe it didn't work exactly as they wanted....

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzlestick
    Now I only hope blizzard does the same for tank gear... cause healers already got a nice boost with the adding of +dmg on healing gear a few patches ago. Tanks got nothing, again.
    M8, I noticed in the leaked info from Wotlk Alpha, that the threat of all warrior tanking abilities will (AT LAST) scale with AP. Now warrior tanks have minimum AP (afaik) so.... Does it mean we will see some sort of AP in tanking gear? That wont (ofc) come in the penatly of ilvl? I am not sure, just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by kilssii
    good thing for hybrids. So fuck the rest of you
    Not just for hybrids.
    If more people share the same gear type, more of that type can drop.
    For example :
    A boss nows drops mail : spelldmg, healing
    Leather : spelldmg, healing
    loot list full.

wotlk:
    Mail : spelldmg/healing item
    leather: spelldmg/healing item
    Cloth:spelldmg/healing item

Lets say you only have a shammy healer with you.
    Pre wotlk:
    Darn mail spelldmg loot -> de.
    post wotlk:
    mail spelldmg loot -> wait this is healing loot too !
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

ya great thing , now not only that most of the people look alike yet , with wotlk even more people will wear the same gear with the same look , at the end we'll see 2 types of looks : caster and melee , a universal standard looking knight thing and weak looking cloth gay looking thing

Quote Originally Posted by Esra
    ya great thing , now not only that most of the people look alike yet , with wotlk even more people will wear the same gear with the same look , at the end we'll see 2 types of looks : caster and melee , a universal standard looking knight thing and weak looking cloth gay looking thing
    --> and bears, oomkins and trees.

No one siad they are dropping all stats. Gear will still have haste, crit, and other stats.

So gear with alot haste locks and SP might not want. All gear will not be for all class. It will just make some gear work for more then 1 spec. Yes this is most help hybrids, but it will also help soem class itemize better. The gear will provide power and the talents will itemize it for you. This basics makes gear tier like and our class and spec gives us what is useful to for us.

I hope they do this this melee too. I'm sick of all mail being itemized for hunters and not enhancement shamans. Warriors could even wear the same gear for tanking and DPS.

The only thing I see that would need to change is gems, but then they could have the same power rating and it would work just the same as gear.

About more competition for "your" spell dps epics: this also means there will be more epics for you to compete for, because there will be no healing-only gear. Think before you cry.