Poll: Do you think the 10 and 25 man version of the same raid should have the same loot if they are of the

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Raiding WoTLK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Raiding WoTLK

For me personally, I've never minded giving more people access to content by lowering the paths to entry as long as they maintain the challenge there for those who choose to pursue it on a large-scale level. Having run multiple guilds since the start of the game I'm absolutely sure that it's harder to manage a guild running 25-man content than 10-man content so I see a need for greater rewards, but at the same time I think more people getting to see content is a good thing as there are plenty of occasions where good players who have a lot of skill don't have enough time to commit to a 25-man schedule. It's nice for them to see some content as well.

There are just some lore things that you have to sacrifice when translating to a game. I'm sure Illidan probably wouldn't have been killed by 10 or 25 people, but at the same time I would have to guess that he probably didn't die once a week and get resurrected every Tuesday morning by a server reset.

Some guilds might disband and go the 10-man route. Others will want to tackle the challenge of 25-man. Either way there are a lot of "Lore Perspective" things that you just can't do from a standpoint of a successful game so I'm personally fine with the path Blizzard has chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Akademik
    Yes it is possible for them to make it of equal difficulty, look at ZA. It is harder than Gruul's or Mag IMO.
    You're comparing T5 content to T4 content. You havn't cleared the 25man T5 content but you have cleared the 10man T5 content. Guess we know which is harder.

WoW sorry i guess i pissed off a bunch of raiders :
    yes i totally agree organizing 25 people is harder, obviously most people think you should get superior loot, not just more loot for completing a 25 man version of the same exact thing. The whole 25 man thing seems to just be another barrier to keep 90 to 95% of players with inferior gear. To me it's not a skill barrier it's a commitment barrier. At this point I'm not willing to skip meals and sleep so I can raid in 25 mans and have a slight chance to get a piece of gear, which will eventually be less valuable than a green item, but I'm thinkin' about it for the expansion.

Sorry i didn't mean to belittle anyones opinion, but most people who post back don't even read the whole thread they just pick out one thing you've said and re-post it calling you an idiot... which is the most original thing anyone can do on a forum.

I don't understand why people post smart ass responses on here that just attack the person posting, instead of adding something useful. Usually if your post starts with you or you're.... you're about to say something rude.
    I don't appreciate all the really negative responses, but thanks for all the good ones.

So there you have it. 25 man raids should have superior loot. Even though the skill level might be the same enough people think that getting 25 people together and coordinating them is enough of an extra challenge that Rewards should be of greater value!