Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Zul'Aman Timed Chests

Hi guys,

Me and my guildies r tryin to reach 3rd & 4th chests. Weve got whole Za cleared, just need some help with the chests.. Well... I guess 3rd aint that hard, but we still miss some time to complete... :-\ Whats the time needed for t4/t5 geared players? Whats the best groups setup to reach em?

We often raid like this:
    -tanks: prot warrior, prot pala
    -healers: resto shammy, holy pala, holy priest/druid (depends whos online)
    -dps: Mage, Lock, Hunt, Ele shammy/shadow priest, rogue/fury warr

Is the setup good enough?

...and btw. i havent made this topic to get blamed (u suck etc..), just to help my guild and the other ones that r at the same stage of progress in za chests...

If i can get any clues ill be gratefull :-*

Re: Zul'Aman Timed Chests

2healers instead of 3
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

Try this...

Tanks: Prot warrior, prot pally
    Heals: 1 of the 2 combos; CoH priest/resto shammy OR holy pally/(CoH priest or resto shammy)
    DPS: Mage, lock, rogue, enh shaman, shadow priest, another mage/another enh shaman

That setup is good IMO. Give that a try, it's how we got out bears.

15+ Year Old Account

Seems to me you guys got tactics issues. You say u guys clear it but obviosuly too slow. So that leaves two options, wrong tacs or too low skill on some players. The setup regarding classes seems ok, later on u will only use 2 healers when you got better gear.

Are lots of gear/skill dependant things that can save time, like letting the hatcher hatch all eggs on one side if you got a mage and a lock that know when to soc and nova etc etc. Ignore bird adds on Akil'zon etc etc.

You know best if you guys got the skill, but if s1 die either that person or the healers did something wrong.
    If the bossfights take to long, well then its either gear or skill issues that gimp the dps (t4,t5 is enough btw)

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

We run:

1 prot warrior
    1 prot pally
    1 resto shaman
    1 CoH priest
    2 warlocks
    1 elemental shaman
    1 shadow priest
    1 fury warrior
    1 rogue

Twinz311

^^ sorry have to say but thats horrible..but i guess it works for u

My guild runs:

1 Prot pALLY
    1 feral druid(dps when Pally tank bosses that only need 1 tank)
    1resto shaman
    1holy priest
    1mage
    1warlock

and the rest u decide...doesnt need 2 be that make up..we some times do diff healers....or 2 tanks ...its mostly about the players how they play and ur healers ......Not rlly the grp make up

we run:
    grp 1..
    1 prot warrior
    1 feral Druid
    1 Enhanc Shaman
    1 fury warrior
    1 rogue

grp 2 ..
    1 Holy paladin
    1 holy priest
    1 hunter / 1shadow priest
    1 Lock
    1 Mage

feral can switch in cat an do dmg in some fights and also increasing the melee dps

we got always 4-6 minutes left after the 4th chest ;D

Doing 3 chests is easy, unless you take some poor players with you. We do it this way: we start with Nalorakk, then to Akil'zon, then we jump down and ride on the waterfall, clear the lynx pack, avoid the patrol and take the shortcut through the hut. And then we own Halazzi. Our best time was with 6 minutes left. And our line-up usually looks like this: 2x prot war, 1x rogue/fury war, 1x enh sham, 1x spriest, 1x mage, 1x lock/hunter (lock is a much better option), 3 healers (1 holy pala + 1-2 priests/1 druid/1 shaman).

This is not how you do 4 chests though, but the way to Halazzi is much easier than the one to Jan'alai, so if you're only after the rings, try it.

BTW, I'd like to convince my guild mates to try a 4 chests run. Is having ppl geared form badges/ZA/T4&T5 content enough to reach the goal?

Sigh, why all this class setups?

There is no need for any specifik setup tbh, 2 tanks 2 healers, rest dps, go keel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbikossoff
    i use the same setup, me being the hunter. its a very nice comp, but we put the enhancement shammy with the hunter(me) and me with only dps, (im BM spec) so they all get +3% dmg almost the whole time, feral druid usually in my group too, +w/e crit chance

can you show me the grps constellation?

we ran with g1 prot war, feral (ot), enh. sham., fury war, rogue and g2 ele sham., holy p, holy pal, spriest / mage /wlock (last 2 spots).
    With t4-5 gear I think running with 2 healers is a must. Pots / flasks might be good 2.

I Usually go with
    2xrogue, Hunter, Prot warrior and Prot Pala
    Elemental Shammy, Holy Priest, Shadow Priest, Mage and Holy Pala

Usually got 9-10 Mins left on timer
    Can Rotate the Shammy in groups for Heroisms etc, But if Drums are brought and player knows what to do Really doesnt matter
    1st boss Just complete flat nuke get up a JOL and JOW (I think) And complete nuke the boss, 5 seconds before the storm all run in so you can carry on dpsing
    2nd Boss is usually better to have Heroism on the casters as he is a High armor mob, nothing to it just tank and spank
    3rd boss the Melee stay on the boss while the Prot pala grabs the birds and hunter Lays trap, all range dps Stay on the Adds, When you get boss to 35% Rest of Birds come, at that point Bop your Mage and let him aoe mad.
    4th boss Just make sure that 1 melee and hunter takes totems and the Prot pala grabs the Tiger.

Allways using Pots and Flasks, Makes the ride much smoother, And Usually have no deaths.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

My friends and I run this setup:
    1 Prot Warr
    1 Prot Pala
    1 CoH Priest
    1 Resto Drood
    2 Mages
    1 Lock
    1 Shadow Priest
    1 Boomkin
    1 Rogue

Got my mount on our first Zul'Aman run with this setup. ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.

Joonas

1. Don't slow down
    2. Loot chests after 4th chest
    3. Chainpull mobs
    4. Use full buffs.

This is the setup we used;
    Group1:
    - Feral Druid
    - Prot Warrior
    - Enhancement Shaman
    - Rogue
    - BM hunter/Fury warrior

Group2:
    - Resto Shaman
    - Holy paladin
    - Mage
    - Warlock
    - Shadowpriest

Deleted

I've done bear runs in almost any setup, but for your first time and maxial dps I would say:

Prot Warrior
    Feral Druid
    Enhancement shaman
    Rogue
    Fury/Arms Warr

Warlock
    Mage
    Shadowpriest
    Shaman
    Paladin

The best healer combos are Holy pala + shaman or druid + priest.
    We use druid priest one and a retardin on melee group for blessings, if we dont do stupid stuff like ninja pulling we got like 8 minutes over after bear

Our ZA speed group consists of the following:
    Tanks: Feral druid, feral druid (dps when possible)
    Healers: Holy paladin, resto druid.
    DPS: Hunter, warlock, mage, shadow priest, enhancement shaman, rogue (previously a dps warrior)

This group combines high dps, robust healing (hots, direct heals and mana efficiency) and surviveability (three battle resses ftw). We are farming the fourth chest at the moment and I believe we had 4 minutes and 15 seconds margin on the timer on the last run.

battle resses are pretty useless in za

Our setup :

Tanks : 1 war and 1 pala
    Heals : 1 shaman and 1 pala or 1 priest
    Dps : 2 mages 1 warlock 2 hunters 1 sp

No problem finishing the timer multiple times with 6 mn left.
    We choose to boost magic users to AoE fast and good hence the palatank and the palaheal ( 2 BOP )
    But we are geared in T6 and SWP so any decent setup would probably work as long as we don't make any mistakes.
    A off tanking drood is only good if you really have a low dps and some melee dps ( main thing he brings is the 5 % cc he won't dps in cat gear that often ), if you don't then take a paladin, his AOE tanking has no match.

2 Healers is all you need for timed.
    Shaman + Druid, or Priest + Shaman, or Druid+priest.
    Bring a paladin tank or retribution for buffs, no holy paladin.

While we're on the topic of bears...

I really need to get a bear I ran my own ZA pugs with 3 chests a couple months ago, but now I'm actually in good gear... But my guild doesnt do bear runs. Anyone on Mal'Ganis(Alliance) wanna sell me a bear or somthin? Hit me up with a private message here. (My account is locked atm, sending in the form to get it unlocked this week ^.^)