Blue posts, Nihilum @ MLG Tournament, Fan arts

Pricing of flying epic mounts
    Drysc wrote a bunch of posts to comment the "high" price of flying epic mounts in this topic.
    Originally Posted by Drysc (Blue Tracker)
    No the price wasn't justified by some arbitrary means of satisfaction. You look at how much someone makes leveling up, you take estimated costs and selling prices of various materials. Money gained from dungeons, etc. All these things can be averaged, and then you place a point in time where you think it would be appropriate for someone that's accumulating money to be able to afford this one thing. 5000g seemed like a good price point. Someone would have to either be really dedicated to playing a lot, or want to reach that goal and what would be a reasonable amount of time to reach it?

Time is the factor in pricing, not relative "worth". That would just be silly.

Nihilum speaks on trip to MLG Tournament
    HTML Code:
    [url="http://tv.gotfrag.com/"][img]http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/april/mlgtrans.gif[/img][/url]
    As announced before, Nihilum will be sending its PvP Team to the MLG event held this week end in San Diego. GotFrag sat down with Nihilum's Hunter Johnny "Cherez" Martin about his team's chances and the pressure of playing under the shadow of a top PVE guild.

• David “Beasteh” Mountford – Restoration Druid (13/11/37)
    • Jonny “Cherez” Martin – Marksmanship Hunter (9/41/11)
    • Ryan “Hydra” van Buiten – Discipline Priest (43/18/0)

How does it feel to play under the shadow of such a famous PVE guild as Nihilum?
    It's a lot of extra pressure. People expect great things from us, being under the name Nihilum, we're just hoping we can meet those expectations. Or as Ryan “Hydra” would put it, “PVE IS HARD”. In all seriousness though, we have met some awesome guys since being picked up by Nihilum. Love you morris xx

Who do you see as the top teams in America that you’ll be looking at heading into the tournament?
    Pandemic, fnatic, SK etc. We're looking forward to the chance to compete against all the big names that have been to previous live events. With Pandemic topping a lot of previous competitions it will be fun to see if they play at the level we are expecting them to.

The full interview is available on Gotfrag.com. Don't forget to tune in to Gotfrag TV this week end for the event ! Check the full schedule here.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvE Tokens for PvP Gear at the beginning of Season 4
    We have no plans to change the token/pvp gear exchange. (Source)

Season 4 Delays (Starts on June 24)
    • It's a design decision based on when we feel there's an appropriate amount of people snagging items from the highest end PvE encounters. How was it a lie? Eh, I should state there's probably other factors involved too, but PvE progression is really the main point. (Source)
    • Yeah there’s a direct link between PvE and PvP progression; we want players gearing up on the highest raid instance before we open new seasons. (Source)

What's the point of the resurrection timer ?
    To control the respawn of players that are fighting near a graveyard. It helps to put some importance on your life instead of just insta-rezzing every time and running in to battle to die again with little consequence or thought. Also, now with diminishing returns no longer affecting honor gains it helps reduce farmability. (Source)

Gnome Racial Ability: Escape Artist
    Escape artist works against movement impairing effects such as snares or roots, not stuns/fears/incapacitates or other forms of CC. This includes, but is not limited to, abilities such as hamstring, entangling roots, frost nova, crippling poison, etc.

It should be noted that escape artist is subject to talented dispel resistant abilities such as entangling roots. If, for example, the druid in question who rooted you has those talents, it is possible that the use of escape artist will not remove the desired debuff. (Source)

New Fan Arts
    4 New fan arts have been added to the official sites.

Re: Blue posts, Nihilum @ MLG Tournament, Fan arts

and by tokens they mean bossdrops or badges of justice? I'm guessing the first one but I could be wrong

...that draenei art!
    pure love.

a ma gawd. CUTE!

Money gained from dungeons
    I lol'd.

When you're gaining some money from dungeons you usually switch to a more difficult one because you're not gaining anything anymore but money.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Melgo
    I lol'd.

When you're gaining some money from dungeons you usually switch to a more difficult one because you're not gaining anything anymore but money.
    truth

also: the UD warlock/mage(background) art is fucking awesome, does some1 know the artist?

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hzn
    ...that draenei art!
    pure love.

a ma gawd. CUTE!
    Not sure its a draenei. I don't see tentical things and I can't tell if the horns are part of her or its the head gear since they have a flat blade like nature. I though draenei horns where suppose to be the same color as their body.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitrevx
    Not sure its a draenei. I don't see tentical things and I can't tell if the horns are part of her or its the head gear since they have a flat blade like nature. I though draenei horns where suppose to be the same color as their body.
    You destroyed my world view :<
    Stupid elves.

Wow that is the grittest team makeup I've ever seen, gl watching those snorefests.

Never seen a hunter/priest/druid combo before, but I've seen Cherez and Beasteh 2v2 video. Pretty good stuff.

I'd love to see a video of their 3v3 matches. Very intrigued with this makeup considering their rating (2569 rating, #1 3v3 in their battlegroup).

So nihilum is running with a hunter, interesting.

Is Nihilum the only euro team? What are the others?

If you've got that bow you don't need arrows anymore.....
    Think about that when you're looking at the picture

Anyway it's one of the greatest Fan-Arts I've ever seen.

Deleted

@'draenei'pic:

no tail=fail

and although the horns look very draenic (wuts the term?) they seem to come from the helmet. also, look at the eyes, they're not very draenic either - ok i know, it's anime-style, but it could be an elf then anyway