Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What Does "RNG" Stand For?

PUG is just a pick up group and has nothing to do with RNG...

any group that has 1 or more players that are unknown is a pug...

its like a pick up game of soccer or basket ball... you show up, you pick a team, you play.

for WoW PUG's you enter LFG queue, you join a group you instance.

PUGs are usually not effecient as you rarely get the group cohesion you get with guild groups..

however, sometimes pugs are just good players who cant get a group with their guild at that time.

there are several levels of a PUG

1. Lucky pugs: a group of random players join and make a party for an isntance where they are all experienced players and the instance goes by without a hitch; these aren't as rare as you think. but they are the rarest of them all.

2. the completley ignorant PUG: a group of random players who have no idea what they are doing but it doesnt matter because nobody knows that the other doesnt know what they are doing.. so everybody is ignorantly playing how they usually play; these groups aren't as rare as you think (if you are a good player see #3). This group tends to fall apart quickly as somebody usually has to go, somebody dc's or the group decides the instance is too hard.

3. the UNlucky PUG: an experience player gets stuck in group #2. this is a common type of pug.

4. the not-so-much-fun PUG: an experienced player joins your rag-tag group of misfits and talks like he is all high and mighty and knows everything and makes the whole experience miserable (he thinks he is in group #3). this is the most common type of pug.

5. The 25% pug group, a group that consists of 3, 20 , 6 players in the same guild. they always blame you for mistakes. they always insist on 3 CC classes and wont invite you because you are a shaman. or they wont invite you because they need an off healer and you ARENT a shaman.

5b. the 99% dont need you but take you PUG: you fill in for a guild member in a group of 4, 9 or 24. they dont really need you but they figure they have an empty spot. you play really really well, and they ask you to join their guild. BINGO GROUP!

those are the pugs i encounter.. lol.
    It's just a game.

Yes, there are as many generalizations as there are PuG types, to be sure.

I agree that MOST of the PuGs that I have --personally-- ever been involved with are generally "bad"; but I can't say all of them have been.

As another posted stated, you could find 1-2 members of a guild that could be "decked out" in gear/experience, but need rep for an instance, running their alts, etc., that actually KNOW how to play, are properly gemmed/enchanted, etc., and make the PuG group so much more enjoyable.

They are rare, indeed, but they do happen.

It is tough to find a good PuG cohesion group, though. That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    4. the not-so-much-fun PUG: an experienced player joins your rag-tag group of misfits and talks like he is all high and mighty and knows everything and makes the whole experience miserable (he thinks he is in group #3). this is the most common type of pug.
    LOL. These are the best PuGs. Mainly because you can mess with the "experienced" player the entire time. Its great when you can tell right away that the whole instance you are going to hear this player berate what the rest of the group is doing, or talk about how he/she has a 70 horde/alliance(always the opposite of what you are playing) and they raid BT and Sunwell. : Nobody is impressed, mainly because you just buffed the MT with Blessing of Salvation. Raiding BT and Sunwell my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    PUG is just a pick up group and has nothing to do with RNG...

any group that has 1 or more players that are unknown is a pug...

its like a pick up game of soccer or basket ball... you show up, you pick a team, you play.

for WoW PUG's you enter LFG queue, you join a group you instance.

PUGs are usually not effecient as you rarely get the group cohesion you get with guild groups..

however, sometimes pugs are just good players who cant get a group with their guild at that time.

there are several levels of a PUG

1. Lucky pugs: a group of random players join and make a party for an isntance where they are all experienced players and the instance goes by without a hitch; these aren't as rare as you think. but they are the rarest of them all.

2. the completley ignorant PUG: a group of random players who have no idea what they are doing but it doesnt matter because nobody knows that the other doesnt know what they are doing.. so everybody is ignorantly playing how they usually play; these groups aren't as rare as you think (if you are a good player see #3). This group tends to fall apart quickly as somebody usually has to go, somebody dc's or the group decides the instance is too hard.

3. the UNlucky PUG: an experience player gets stuck in group #2. this is a common type of pug.

5. The 25% pug group, a group that consists of 3, 20 , 6 players in the same guild. they always blame you for mistakes. they always insist on 3 CC classes and wont invite you because you are a shaman. or they wont invite you because they need an off healer and you ARENT a shaman.

5b. the 99% dont need you but take you PUG: you fill in for a guild member in a group of 4, 9 or 24. they dont really need you but they figure they have an empty spot. you play really really well, and they ask you to join their guild. BINGO GROUP!

those are the pugs i encounter.. lol.

I loled.

Anyway, the key to a good pug is to make sure you armory the person first. Usually you can tell from thier gear/guild how good they are, and thats the key.
    I think candlejack is a pretty cool guy, he kidnaps people and doesn't afra

pug do not always suck. half the time when a pug does suck it's because they're new to the instance and all the vets in the group don't inform them of mob skills.

you will get the occational pug like a fire speced mage or some crap that uses rank 2 frost bolt on fire immune bosses because they "never trained higher ranks cause i never used ice"

then theres the level 68 in all greens looking for a heroic group

Quote Originally Posted by Dorim
    ok thx... does ist mean rnd Grp oder something ? could u explain what a "Pickup Group" is ?

your german arent u :P?

i notice from ist and oder :P

Khody

Really naughty girls.