Thread: Warlock PvE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Warlock PvE

Depending on if I have another lock / shadow priest or mages in the group and if its trash or boss depends highly on what dots I use. On bosses I tend to use CoA, corruption, and Immo then shadow bolt spam. If there are 2 mages I'll nerf my dps by putting up a CoE.

My demo lock is currently at +1258 shadow dmg. Shadow bolts hit bosses on average of 2000+. I dont know, maybe most of the locks I have ever run with dont know how to play but I don't usualy get out dps'd in boss fights at all. I've played all the trees but demo is the one for me...and I do alot of dmg. You just gotta be good with pet control.

always make sure you got at least 1 Aff lock in the raid.
    having affliction locks in raids isnt worth it, they just hold everone back with their poor dps and their buffs to the raid < than the loss in damage.

to the OP with your gear go 6/44/11 its very fun being a felguard lock but watch out for your pet breaking cc with cleave! you wont get much love. Personnaly i raid 0/21/40 in BT and hyjal but for our ZA bear runs i go 1/44/16 as it does better dps overall in that 45 minute situation imo and its a lot more fun and rewarding. The rotation i use for either of the specs above is CoS>CoE>CoR (CoD if there are 4 locks and the mob will live past 1 minute) --> Corruption --> Immolate -->SB spam then reapplying the dots just as they wear off.

SM/Ruin as stated above is probaly more viable for heroics than a UA build

s4 gladiator - 2v2(lock/dodo) and 3v3(shadowplay)
    s5 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/rogue) and 3v3(rmp)
    s6 gladiator - 2v2 (disc/hunter) INCOMING!!

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IEMb0oftVtcZdxczIbz this is what you want to spec for heroics.
    Oxide - Dragonblight EU - Undead Rogue
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...blight&n=Oxide

^^ i would think DS and Dark pact kind of work against each other...right? i decided to go with a dark pact/ruin build, the mobs drop so fast and i was working with a shadow priest last night i'd throw up a CoS, corruption, and shadow bolt spam with some shadow burns for finishers. worked pretty effectively and since i've been pvp'ing as slsl for so long seeing a number above 1500 was nice

Quote Originally Posted by SynSeraphim
    Maybe for survivability, but for dps? haven't seen a demo spec warlock out dps me yet. hell, haven't seen one geared in t4/badge/pvp get past 700 dps. So how would it be more optimal?
    One of my very good warlock friends, did 1400 dps on Lady Vashj -- that's on our first kill.

Without 4xT5 bonus that is !

I think you just in general, haven't seen very good warlocks ;-)

well the 4pc T5 doesnt really add much more for demo locks

Anyways, it depends on the fight for Demo. Vashj is a very demo friendly fight because you can stick your pet on the Naga spawns the entire time

Destruction insnt necessarily better or worse, its just easier to maintain high dps - even with shitty gear.

Quote Originally Posted by neonanaski
    well the 4pc T5 doesnt really add much more for demo locks

Anyways, it depends on the fight for Demo. Vashj is a very demo friendly fight because you can stick your pet on the Naga spawns the entire time

Destruction insnt necessarily better or worse, its just easier to maintain high dps - even with shitty gear.
    He did 1400 dps on Al'ar as well...

Also, as Demonlogist you still depend ALOT on your Shadowbolt damage, that's what most people don't get. So 4xT5 is a awesome damage increase no matter how you put it.

The reason for him being demonlogist was for tanking on Leo and on Kael.
    SL/SL doesn't benefit near as much as a Felguard spec if you finally want a soul-link warlock to tank those encounters.

Demonlogy is a really good initial spec, just like Affliction. 21/40 first shows it's crazy-damage side alot later.

RandomTroll

Quote Originally Posted by thumbb1
    I have a bit of pvp gear, but I'm considering switching my lock over to full time pve with a pvp warrior on deck for s4.
    Every caster is

World of Melleecraft atm.

Hmm new CoE CoS combination makes affli a bit better thou. Don't have the time to do the math but if some1 feels like doing it, then that's something to think about.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IAMrbRfkVtcZZxx0tr0z

if you dont want to go demo or full afllic than sm/ruin would probably be a good way to go in t4 stuff plus with all the new badge gear you can def suppot it pretty well
    http://www.serenity.fm/listen/ Techno/Trance Radio

Deleted

At T4 level, it's almost garanteed that UA will outdamage Ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dje
    Depends on the warlock, heh.

But my level 68 warlock did 123 dps in Karazhan on Shade of Aran with 21/38 fire-build !!

orcofchaos

Hi,

Once my warlock hit 70 I stayed affliction for some time..just enough to do some heroics and karazhan runs to gather some epix. Once I was like half epix/half blue I specced the famous 0/21/40 specc. At first ofc your gear isnt that good and nor are your stats. But do some more heroics and karazhan runs and you will be full epix in no time. Just make sure you cap the spellhit asap and then you can worry about your shadow spelldmg and spellcrit!
    Currently im working on my spellhit and since my guild is in SSC/TK and my GM is a good pal I will get spots in the future ^^

So to make a conclusion:
    1) after 70 ding stay affliction (or go demonology (sucks)) and do some heroics and karazhans.
    2) Once you have about 100+ spellhit you can try the destruction specc, but you will still miss like 1(or 2) on 10 shadowbolts!
    3) go with your guild on more heroics, karazhans, gruuls, ZA, SSC, TK,...blablabla

This was my POV about speccing into the "best" PVE specc ^^

Greets
    Deadlywish from Bloodfeather

greenmasheen

actually, demo is good up until you get better quality gear t4+

ive seen demo locks up in the top 5 dps consistently pre t5.

This was my POV about speccing into the "best" PVE specc ^^
    Try read the rest of the thread, to realise your POV is utterly fail, and totaly clueless. Thanks.

RandomTroll

Quote Originally Posted by Dje
    In za/ssc/tk bosses and maybe a few kara bosses - Yes
    On trash and in 5 man bosses - Extremely unlikely

Basically ua > ruin at t4'ish level only if ua has chance to run a few full durations (and you have at least a small amount of hit for sb's not get resisted all the time)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTroll

Basically ua > ruin at t4'ish level only if ua has chance to run a few full durations (and you have at least a small amount of hit for sb's not get resisted all the time)
    /sign.
    Im UA and in ZA I was slightly better than the t4/5 0 21 40 lock (myself having t4ish/badge/d3robe), mainly because he beat me on trash and I severely outdmgd him in the bossfights.
    but in like heroic or kara farmruns, the dmg is not too good, as the dots (not only ua ofc, also corruption etc) tick like 3 times and the mob drops dead. Different with pala tanks though, dot everything, own dmgmeters, that is

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTroll

Karazhan bosses all last 2 to several minutes, UA is going to work better there too.
    Any fight longer than 1 minute should give the edge to UA compared to Ruin (unless very high dmg/crit level that you're quite unlikely to achieve with T4 gear).
    Personnaly i don't spec for trashes, i spec for boss fights since that's where the difficulty is supposed to be (less true for heroic, but whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by GDMANYAK
    Demo = useless
    0\21\40 = DPSer REAL dpser
    afli with Malediction = Support with Imp that stay in Tank group (Riun Suc Locks ll sacrefice pet )

Any other builds are shit and just waste of time.
    thats right 0/21/40 shadow destro build is pure win :P.

15+ Year Old Account

To end this thread, which btw is about 5man heroics not raiding...

if you got blue gear or pvpgear as basicly only epics, go affliction.
    destro manainefficant? sure byt how long does a fight in a heroic last, doh?

if u got full pve epic its no way u should go anything but destro, except maybe demon if u wanne have fun. Going affliction in heroics where there are max3-5 mobs per fight and u most likely cc 1-2 there is no way a destrolock run out of mana unless some poor player never heard of lifetap (which wont be needed in 80% of the fights anyway). Btw heroics mobs? they die before the dots tick out cos of the other dps, which make u feel useless

Afllictions only use is when leveling the warlock, when u gear up in a 25man as Kara. Apart from that.. as soon as u get ur first gruul, mag, ssc pimp destrolock but one warning tho, u will evenetually get bored of pressing one key and probably use affe or demon in a few "destro-breaks".
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.