Thread: Warlock PvE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warlock PvE

Destro warlocks are ridiculously overpowered, but only if geared right. Affliction is easier to gear until then, so if you are planning on casual heroic/t4 content, I agree, go affliction. If you want to get serious, gear for destruction and you won't regret it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&n=Revolok

well if u wanna do pve go destro with demonology. everyone knoes that if u put cos on mob and then spam shadow bolt u get the 1st place on dmg list. go +hit +spl dmg + crit and u are imba.
    for pvp i say that slsl is the best speck. i am a pvp player and i have a warlock. i can easily take a mage down or other classes. pvp = gear+skill and a bit of luck when u are dealing with proc spells like nightfall.

As a slsl warlock u can beat multiple target and have full hp in the end of fight. In AV once i take down a warlock and a mage in teh same time. and for pvp rezilience is your friend
    ...its all about the tail man....

Quote Originally Posted by VSPER
    pvp = gear+skill
    That coming from a SL/SL lock lol... pvp is about counter comp and gear, and skill third.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&n=Revolok

15+ Year Old Account

Oke, I got one thing to say: Doesn't matter what spec you take, you will be overpowered. With WotLK you will be able to solo Kil'Jeaden.
    Statix will suffice.

skill is to anticipate the next move of the oponent and the next important to learn other classes, cause if a mage do ice bloc.. and u stay near him and cast fear.. over and over again..cause u dont know when it will brake..this is stupidness. and i dont think skill must be 3rd place..cause i beat ppl with tier 3 and i had tier 1 in that time.
    ...its all about the tail man....

i have to say i never tanked lethoras with Soul link, all you need is topped fire res.

Destro outputs more damge then Affliction the moment you hit the hit cap(atleast it did for me)

The best Demo build i have tested is 0/40/21 it gives alot of crit and spell damage.

Up to end of T5 affliction stays good since then all the hit gear starts droping.

The reason why Destro becomes the best spec is simple, its the talent Shadow and Flames, 20% spell damage to SB does the whole trick, with it your Sbs get 103.5%(or something) of your shadow spell power. having 30% crit and 1-2-3 warlocks in the raid with Isb (you should always have more then 2-3 warlocks) and the same or better crit rate, its always up.

isb + Sac + CoS + Misery + Shadow weaving = alot of damage inc :P

20% + 15% + 10% + 5% + 10%= 60% more shadow damage.

3% crit damage gem + 100% ruin= 106% crit damage

and so on...

atms my highest crits are 8k+++

as you approch 1400 shadow damage, haste>Spd>crit.
    Before 1350 shadow damage, Spd>haste>crit.

And following the maths on EJ forums, this should be correct :P

Imo thought, Affliction is the number one fun build: lots of dots, lots of mana, no need for soul shards.
    With it i can top a bg with 100k over #2 on the list in a 20 min Bg :P I can farm my fav spot without having to drin or bandag for as long as i feel like. I can take on many mobs at once, seeing how they die one by one in less then 10 secs and its somewhat usefull in Arena. Its also fun in Heroics, since you can dot all the mobs and have Nightfall proc nearly all the time.

the "hunter" like demobuild has never been something for me, having to constant looking on the pets hp and all that stuff keeps away the fun, im no the healing dude (Thats why im Prot pala too :P cant stand healing)

in the end it all about what you enjoy, remember, you dont play this game because you have to, its because YOU wanna have fun

p.s: Sl/sl build is not skill dependent at all:P, i did 1.7k rating in one evning in my pve gear with my elemental shammy friend in pve gear after 15 matches or so, having 14-1 or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.