WoW TCG - The Hunt for Illidan Loot Cards

Make sure you check the site in the upcoming minutes/hours for the 2.4.3 Patch Notes, while we wait here is a small press release from UpperDeck Entertainment.

WoW TCG - The Hunt for Illidan Loot Cards
    The Hunt for Illidan, Upper Deck’s (UD) latest expansion of the hugely popular World of Warcraft Trading Card Game (TCG), is launching July 1st. Be among the first to play a Demon Hero or walk The Path of Illidan at a Sneak Preview event, this Saturday, June 21st! Visit WoWTCG.com for more information and locations.

Continuing the legacy of wildly popular exclusive in-game items, such as the X-51 Nether-Rocket flying mount from the sold-out Servants of the Betrayer™ expansion, The Hunt for Illidan brings amazing new Loot™ items to Azeroth! Available only through the World of Warcraft TCG, these highly sought-after cards will give lucky players the ability to walk The Path of Illidan, be the life of the party with D.I.S.C.O., or get a full-size Ethereal cosmetic pet!

UD World of Warcraft TCG Loot™ Cards give players who receive them access to unique World of Warcraft MMORPG in-game items. All Loot™ Cards can only be found through the UD World of Warcraft TCG. The Hunt for Illidan Loot™ items will be available for in-game redemption after Blizzard’s 2.4.3 patch.

Walk like Illidan
    The super common Loot for this release is The Path of Illidan, from the card “The Footsteps of Illidan.” Players with this Loot item can walk or run throughout Azeroth, leaving a trail of green glowing footprints.

Be the Life of the Party
    The uncommon Loot in The Hunt for Illidan is D.I.S.C.O., letting players start a party anywhere! Indoors or out, this Loot item comes complete with a disco ball, swirling lights and music! Any nearby players, even of a different faction, can join your party and dance.

Enter the Ethereal Realm
    The rarest Loot in The Hunt for Illidan is the Ethereal Soul-Trader. This in-game item becomes a full-sized Ethereal cosmetic pet, who will collect souls for you and deposit Ethereal money into your bags. With this Ethereal money, you can buy any of the Ethereal Soul-Trader’s ten unique items! Anyone can view the items, but only those lucky enough to have Ethereal money can actually buy them!

Re: WoW TCG - The Hunt for Illidan Loot Cards

Wonder what ebay price will be

Tooltips for the Soul-Trader vendor loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrsenus
    Yea, I'd really like to see those, too.

from...

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/06/18...thereal-vendo/

...the Ethereal Soul-trader, who is a full-size Ethereal as a pet. Additionally, this card is actually a whole slew of items in one -- the Soul-trader will give you currency for creatures killed while summoned, which can then be traded off for other prizes, including special foodstuffs, a special alcoholic drink, a ball of energy (to throw in people's bags and play catch with), and even the Ethereal's outfits as wearable items.

In my honest opinion, although this is classified as the most 'epic' and least common of the loot cards, I do not think it will reach anywhere near the truly epic spectral tiger.

I was lucky enough to pull a Spectral Tiger on Boxing day from a local gameshop after buying 3 packs to get the last 300 points I needed for a Tabard of the Frost.

As much as I fought myself to keep this card at the time the $1200 price tag on them bought me half of my tuition for the winter semister, so it was a necessary evil.

Having said that lets take a look at why the Spectral Tiger continues to be the most valueable and saughtafter card:

- Mount class
    - Amazing skin (ghostish tiger)
    - Usable at level 40 and 60 (yes you can get one of each, same skin)
    - Usable anywhere a mount can be used, including BGs and arena

Compared to the X rocket:

- Mount class
    - The skin... really could have been better
    - Only usable at 70 with epic riding skill (i think)
    - Only usable where a flying mount is usable

I think that right there shows us that the 1200 / 250 price difference we currently see.

Now lets take a look at this super rare card.

- Pet class (in part)
    - Non-combat
    - Items do not carry stats (the ethreal armor), and imo, only good looking on them.

** IF!!!! IF IF IF, this is to transform you INTO an ethreal upon a full set of the armor it WILL be badass**

Otherwise I only see these getting to abogu the 150-200 range seen origionally by the Turtle mount.

---

On a side note I LOVE that the firewalking will be super common, I have a 4/5 veng warrior and it will look sexy as I walk though my Baron runs :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrsenus
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorcan
    Yea, I'd really like to see those, too.
    Ethereal Essence Sphere
    Leather balls might be fun to toss around when waiting for your friends to visit the Auction House before you set out to adventure, but the Essence Sphere will let you do it in style. Instead of the normal dull leather ball, you’ll be able to play catch with a bit of flair compared to your standard game of catch!

Diluted Ethereum Essence
    Since you’re getting to be all buddy-buddy with your new ethereal friend, he’s going to let you in on a small fraction of the hidden places ethereals can traverse. Your character will receive the ability to detect Lesser Invisibility, and while it won’t allow you to see other players, you will be able to see ghosts in front of places like Undercity or Raven Hill.

Ethereal Liqueur
    As they say, if you’re going to work hard, you should play hard too, and ethereals may be all business by day, but they know how to cut loose like the rest of us. This alcoholic beverage will get you drunk in a hurry, but be careful: drink too much, and your character might run around and start screaming. Apparently ethereals prefer a slightly stronger brew than those short little dwarves.

Ethereal Mutagen
    Similar to Papa Hummel’s Pet Biscuits, these treats are used with your favorite cosmetic pets! Instead of super-sizing your buddy, though, your pet will turn into a fierce Flesh Beast that will give you a fiercer companion to walk the world with.

Havent found anything on the rest yet, hope that helped abit ;D

this is sad
    GG!

Pretty sad people are willing to pay 200$ or more for silly cosmetic effects rather.

If you like tcg stuff then it's just a kinky bonus but if you buy cards just to get some cosmetic wow stuff then... well it's your call.

Wonder if the illidanfootprints will be permanent :-*

anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Phresh
    Wonder if the illidanfootprints will be permanent :-*

anyone?
    They will be like the ol' fashioned cookies. You will get a stack of 'uses' and each one lasts for 5 min (i think). If you get 50 uses that will follow suit fromt he cookies. and at super easy to get, and about 2$ on ebay, I think its a great deal!

Any know if that bear mount, has been confirmed?
    <- epic fail!

there are pictures of what the ethereal 'costume' looks like on the TCG site:

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/w....aspx?aid=4343

lol, pretty goofy looking if you ask me. On the other hand, this thing does have it's uses. I can't say that having an ethereal follow me around is something I want... but the fact that you appear to be able to SELL stuff to it is epic for farming! I hate when I'm out farming raid consumables and i have to make stops back in town to sell off grays and other junk items (i hate dropping things that sell for over a gold >_<). Having a portable shop following you around might not be such a bad thing. I may get one for my farming character.