Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: New Blizzard Game this Week End ?

uh, lol @ all the wotlk comments? why would they make such a big deal about it going into beta? iirc, they didn't with tbc. my guess goes to d3. i'm assuming the graphic will change over the days like sc2 did, so i'm expecting the ice to gradually melt away to reveal a gateway to hell or something like that. also, in last months pc gamer, the blurb for next months issue was about an announcement of a huge game, and a quote from it is "this news is so big, we had to go to ***** to get it" aka "... we had to go to hell to get it". inc d3.

edit: also, ice would be way too obvious for wotlk, i mean come on... blizz is a lot more creative than that. they probably wanted everyone to think it was something wotlk-related so it would be more of a surprise in the end.

I'm thinking the unveiling of the release date or cinematic trailer. Hopefully the latter.

15+ Year Old Account

WotLK -> Release date..
    ALTF4.

My bet is big WotLK news. Closed beta announcement and a nice little prize for those at WWI Paris. This is my hope!

Probably just another druid nerf

Seriously I vote Lich King release date or more likely release month maybe not an exact date. Although I like the idea that Iczer posted about the ice melting away and revealling Diablo 3 would be a a ncie touch and fairly plausable.

Probably the release of the cinematic.

Deleted

Project Hydra, anyone?

It's also important to note that releasing Diablo 3 info this soon may be a bad business move. Not because "LOL EVERYONE WILL CANCEL ACCOUNTS." That's stupid noise, people say that everytime a nerf happens. I just think with all the press crap they're going to be flinging around with WLK and all the marketing efforts and focus they'll need to put on hyping it, I doubt they'd release information for yet another MMO. Diablo 3 seems sort of reserved for the half-way point of an expansion's life so people can get hyped while the less serious players are already suffering burnout, in order to not detract from a new product's value. I can't see it happening hot on the heels of another expansion for Blizzard's biggest I.P.

Man, I know this is basically a WoW site, but stop pulling the wool over your eyes you silly WoW fanboys!

Can you not see the satanic-like etchings and markings under the ice? Do I have some kind of super, better monitor than you all do that I can see this and you can't? The egyptian-like hieroglyphics. Glowing RED.

Put two and two together people: It's DIABLO III. "HELL HAS FROZEN OVER".

Think logically. Why would Blizzard in the past week:

-take over the Diablo3.com name
    -stop the redirection from Diablo3.com to Diablofans.com
    -reset the Diablo 2 ladder
    -release patch 1.12

..without there being something brewing underneath it all. Please, I'm begging all of you to think logically. It is Diablo 3, it is for real. I know the 10 year wait may have some or most of you in denial, but it's here. You can finally accept it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazorp
    My bet is big WotLK news. Closed beta announcement and a nice little prize for those at WWI Paris. This is my hope!
    Yes please, and a mini pet while we're at it!

And perhaps a Tuskarr suit

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeast
    Man, I know this is basically a WoW site, but stop pulling the wool over your eyes you silly WoW fanboys!

Can you not see the satanic-like etchings and markings under the ice? Do I have some kind of super, better monitor than you all do that I can see this and you can't? The egyptian-like hieroglyphics. Glowing RED.

Put two and two together people: It's DIABLO III. "HELL HAS FROZEN OVER".

-release patch 1.12

..without there being something brewing underneath it all. Please, I'm begging all of you to think logically. It is Diablo 3, it is for real. I know the 10 year wait may have some or most of you in denial, but it's here. You can finally accept it now.
    Nice.. VERY Nice..
    But can you tell me what this is doing in the css file ?

/*.tundra {background:url(_images/04.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */
    ALTF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Metian
    Nice.. VERY Nice..
    But can you tell me what this is doing in the css file ?

/*.tundra {background:url(_images/04.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */
    Remember a little interesting place in Diablo 2 called the Frozen Tundra?

Honestly though, who knows. But I don't think just because it says Tundra that it's the Borrean (sp) Tundra.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeast
    I think everyone here would happy with D3. It's just weird timing.

Blizzard is not known for subtlety. They've personally attested to that in their art department. The hieroglyphics (Egyptian-like? As opposed to the other kind of hieroglyphics?) are very difficult to make out. To me they look like white scratches. Look around the areas that don't look like hieroglyphs and you'll see less patterned white streaks of the same shade. That may change as the ice diminishes/whatever the hell is going to happen to it. Off to the left, that weird runic/circle pattern design seems to be stroked the same way Wei's signature is in the Arthas pic on the WLK main site.

-release patch 1.12

They've taken over the Diablo3.com name several times, once even around the time Starcraft 2 was going to be announced around the same time period, and had pulled it from fan-sites then as well. Resetting the ladder and patch related to a game that isn't due for at least a year if it's announced doesn't really work out logically here either.

Also, 04.jpg doesn't look Diablo related in the least. It's way too cartoony. Granted, the lower left corner may be a head, and looks vaguely demonic, but it's purpleish, almost cute, and appears to have fur along its back.

To jump to conclusions this quickly on just a bunch of ice with difficult to discern markings probably isn't a good idea. That said, it's your choice. I just don't like it when people jump to conclusions only to get let down (like people claiming the real Brawl roster was a fraud).

Man, I have nothing better to do.

Remember a little interesting place in Diablo 2 called the Frozen Tundra?

:-)
    If they debut Diablo 3 with a reworked old area in addition to a similar theme already coming in their current expansion, Blizzard is officially stupid.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9458/d3incpd0.jpg

brought out the red that's under the ice a bit more (yes, there is red under the ice if your eyes aren't broken)

Here's the image, color reversed and the contrast beefed up so you can see all the things under the ice:

Interesting. I want to wait a few days to see how the splash changes before saying much.

cmon guys its obvious what it is, the Opening CG That we all love in every blizzard game for WOTLK
    they will make it public in Paris

prob arthas saying lolol u guys will never kill me, now hail to the king baby

Quote Originally Posted by ghawk
    cmon guys its obvious what it is, the Opening CG That we all love in every blizzard game for WOTLK
    Why the speculation and anticipation though? They would NOT tease a cinematic trailer for a damn game, are you kidding me? They wouldn't even tease a beta test or release date. They NEVER have in the past, not once.

If it were the CG trailer, they would come out and say it. "Tune into WWI for a first look at the opening CG cinematic for Wrath of the Lich King", or better yet, do it at another venue ala the Spike Awards for Burning Crusade (which was OPENLY PUBLICIZED). Why would they manipulate their website for crap like that?

Again, please think logically.

Quote Originally Posted by ghawk
    I'm actually not so sure now. The announcement, according to PC Gamer, is way bigger than that. "We had to go to [CENSORED] to get it," like the other guy said.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/?action=news&id=2382

Again, please think logically.
    Getting kinda hostile here.

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    Getting kinda hostile here.
    No, it just blows my mind that people will speculate it has something to do with their franchise of choice without reason or logic. I atleast backed up my opinions and speculation, not solely because I'm a Diablo fan.