Poll: You're in a battleground completely overrun by the opposite faction, do you push on or give up?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Battlegrounds - Giving Up vs Pushing On?

Quote Originally Posted by Richtea
    WSG is the most sorry excuse for a battleground in dire need of a reinforcement limit
    WSG is my favorite battleground, *shields self from rocks*

Quote Originally Posted by delvirtud
    PvE is rated as it should be, nothing but garbage. PvP is all the game has to sustain its subscribers.
    Good job on getting butt hurt over someone else's opinion.

To add to the thread:

On bonus honor weekend its more honor and marks to lose every 6 min (in WSG/AB/EOTS) then to win every 20-25.

However its impossible to get pubs to lose every 6. Average win time is different on every battlegroup. But if teams are equal in skill games usually last 20-25 minutes.

So i usually put forth an honest effort. Except in WSG. If the game last more then 25 minutes i give up. Hour long WSG needs to be squashed.

When I play on my ali char they suck at everything but AV and usually give up, but when im on my horde char we almost never lose , don't do AV cuz its boring and long unless its weekend. I usually go with 2-3 friends most full veng and we just own the thing ez win, EoS is my fav we usually 4 cap cuz ali's always in mid with the flag.

I only play av on horde (nightfall). Its pretty even as far as winning and losing goes.

If it looks like its going to be an ally win, i do everything in my will to cause a turtle...cause at least then you get some HKs!!

::Shadow Word Death Owns You::

Constant push. Only instances where I give up is 4 caps in EOS or 5 caps in AB where leaving start area is free HKs for opposition.

push push push, everyone knows that the enemy is weakest when they think they have the game in the bag! that's when its time to ninja nodes or create a diversion and help the O win. diversion = kiting their O around and getting them to engage in a useless activity like fighting at a flag and leaving no D at others or playing bait at a graveyard to pull defenders from ...well defending! Even when the odds are against you never forget the your opposition is lazy enough to stop fighting to secure a "sure thing".

Well for me, being Hordeside in the Vengence battlegroup, its basically give up from the git-go 75 to 80% of the time. The battle group is horrible in which most games start out 2 to 3 to even 4 to 1! Ive even had screen shots of it being 10 to 1 >.> me verse a whole wsg team yay! /dance my way to victory.

The system is highly unfair and unbalanced in letting eots or wsg or ab start with grossely outnumbered sides. Had whole games where our horde side wa slucky to have 2/3rds full! Its pretty crucial in Ab and EOTS to have a full team from the start.

So i guess i give up and just defend in that case. or just sit at the start and let the always full alliance teams steam roll us 5-8 horde verse 15 its not fun. Its not fair. Its not wanting me to stay around for the pvp much more then just farm welfare epics.

It depends if I need honor or not. If I need honor, then I want the games to be over quickly as possible. If it's a tiny chance of winning, I'd rather not drag it out. If I'm there for marks or just for fun, I'll fight till the end and be that guy that keeps taking the WSG flag right before they cap @ 2/3. Pre-mades are a different story.

Burning out vs. fading away!

Quote Originally Posted by rambat

Quote Originally Posted by rambat
    If the game last more then 25 minutes i give up. Hour long WSG needs to be squashed.
    Good job helping other's butts hurt by being a quiter. As someone stated earlier, do not bring you RL into the game. If life gets tough, push on, do not give up.

Believe it or not, I still play BGs for fun. It's a game for god's sake!

I rarely go into a BG alone though... so that might have something to do with it. Even if it's a shitty game, me and my group stick together and have us some good ol' pwnage fun.