Thread: Making a Twink

Making a Twink

For a while now I've been thinking about making a twink, but really I have no idea even where to start. I've looked through a few forums but I haven't found anything useful. All I really have to start with is I was thinking a priest or a rogue (though if you think there is a better class I'm open to suggestions) in any bracket other then 19. I'm sure that there are sites out that with plenty of info on this kind of stuff but I cant seem to find them. So any tips/sites with some good info are very welcome. Also gold/time/people to run me though instances are not a problem. Thanks in advance

Re: Making a Twink

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=2154872 has tuns of info on twinks

ps. this thread more than likley will turn into mass flame

Well, decide what bracket you want to play in. Picking a class just like taking one to max level depends on what you like. Next how are you going to get gear. I myself have access to a roommates account as well as friend or two that help me run the zones for the bosses. Find out what gear you want, which is easy, just go to your battlegroup forums and armory folks. You can usually find plenty of threads linking to exceptionally geared twinks. Then go and do what you gotta do, camp the rare spawns, chain run the zones, and play the AH waiting game etc. While this is going on play the previous bracket or be a lowbie in your desired bracket to pick up your trinkets and other honor gear. It's pretty simple.

I suggest going to 29.. or even 39 after patch brings the mount level down... the gear availabel from Arathi Basin helps your choices overall.. (boots/belt/trinket) .. WSG gets you weapon(s), ring(s), necklace, cloak.. gear at 39 much easier to twink with enchants...

overall making a twink these days is simple. get gold doing dailies, get a bored friend to clear instances. *shrug* you could probably make one in a week or so.
    It's just a game.

If it's just one of your first, just do a rogue a 19, they're quite basic and pretty satisfying

For some pretty good twink info go to www.pwndepot.com

Thanks for the links/info so far keep it coming its great
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminair
    If it's just one of your first, just do a rogue a 19, they're quite basic and pretty satisfying
    Yeah I don't really want to do the 19 bracket because it is almost to basic. No AB and most classes don't have a lot of skills.

I have a twink for the 39's and 49's. They are probably the 2 most enjoyable brackets. I played in the 19's and 29's as well, but in the 39's and 49's you have almost all of your spells. I think they are the 2 best brackets because unlike 19 and 29, they require at least some skill with gear

Quote Originally Posted by Xe
    For a while now I've been thinking about making a twink, but really I have no idea even where to start. I've looked through a few forums but I haven't found anything useful. All I really have to start with is I was thinking a priest or a rogue (though if you think there is a better class I'm open to suggestions) in any bracket other then 19. I'm sure that there are sites out that with plenty of info on this kind of stuff but I cant seem to find them. So any tips/sites with some good info are very welcome. Also gold/time/people to run me though instances are not a problem. Thanks in advance
    You sir seem like the perfect candidate for a lvl 39 lock. They take alot of gold to make, they take a bit of help form higher lvl characters from quests, can require a few run throughs, but IT PAYS OFF OH MY GOD.

A lvl 39 (affliction) warlock has just about the best itemization (for its level) in this entire game. The lens of shadow wrath, staff of jordan (dagger/off-hand is actually better, but EPIXX R KEWLL AMRIGHT??), band of the underworldx2, Pulsating Crystalline Shard...the list goes on and on.

It also makes it interesting because you have to search out lvl 39 "of shadow wrath" gear. This makes it kind of a game on the ah to see if what you want is up whenever you check it.

But I would say hands-down that there is no twink that can compare (lvl 29 hunt might be close) to the complete devastation of a lvl 39 warlock.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...wolf&n=Xombomb is mine, and OMG he's so much fun to play. He doesn't have Pulsationg Crystalline Shard tho...it got released after i made him and now he's exp capped Q_Q.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

I prefer real life twinking, I sign up for babe ruth baseball or 1-2nd grade kickball leagues, and i just blow those little tykes away. Being 6'3" they dont even stand a chance, I just crush them and LOL.

Why do it in wow when in RL you can see the little guys cry?

Quote Originally Posted by Loquatious
    I prefer real life twinking, I sign up for babe ruth baseball or 1-2nd grade kickball leagues, and i just blow those little tykes away. Being 6'3" they dont even stand a chance, I just crush them and LOL.

Why do it in wow when in RL you can see the little guys cry?
    This

aww did somebody get 1 shot in wsg /tear
    It's just a game.