Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Registrations for WotLK Beta open

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbaki
    Confirmed, there's the "send non personnal data" box when you log (super fast but can be seen sometimes) and the opt in text explicitly says that there are criterion influencing the chances to opt in.

Running a weird setting (Mac mini + 1900x1080 + truckload of addons) will finally be useful...
    OMG ! I've got an iMac intel (core 2 duo) in 1600x1050 and Shattrath runs at 2FPS (around 50FPS elsewhere and 130+ FPS in instance), how do you do in Shattrath ?

Shat sucks pretty bad but considering the spec of the machine (basic mac mini with only 1G ram added) and the config (42" screen, BT mouse and keyboard and a comfy sofa), i'm in love with my set up

Anywhere else than shat is 25+ FPS, including turtles in AV or raids. Good enough.

To go back to the beta topic, Mac users will clearly get selected for graphics testing (different management of textures and transparencies)

WWI Beta codes aren't guaranteed to be for WOTLK beta.. could be for SC2 beta.
    It's just a game.

... The sequence won't be random. It is impossible for computers to be random.

Quote Originally Posted by 0r3o
    if you get chosen to play beta, everything you work for during the beta goes away when the game is released right? isn't it just like a character transfer to a test realm then the test realm goes bye bye...?
    Yes.

However, the point of Beta is to TEST the game. Plus, you as a player get a feel for the game. In my opinion you'll be a few steps ahead of everyone upon the game's release. I can't wait until the e-mails go out.
    Iyos (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Iyos) - 70 NE Druid (Feral)

Quote Originally Posted by mechleader
    ... The sequence won't be random. It is impossible for computers to be random.
    true. Last time I checked the theme one could start to see pattern on computer generated random numbers after a few billion.

So, yes, the sequence can be random on your perception horizon.

More, it can be both random and not be equal probability.

So many options to choose from...

i'm selling my wotlk beta key for a decent price, cheaper than ebay or anything else.. if interested my aim is eibwen676 or you can email at alexsaladze1@hotmail.com