New EU Realm, Blue post, WWI Replays, TCG

New EU Realm - Blade's Edge
    Originally Posted by Thundgot (Blue Tracker)

Realm name: Blade's Edge
    Language: English
    Realm type: Normal (PvE)
    Battlegroup: Ruin
    Migration: No
    Realm forum: http://forums.wow-europe.com/board.html?forumId=5369079

Today we're opening a new English Normal/PvE realm, named Blade's Edge, in the Ruin Battlegroup. This is a fresh realm, thus no migration will be allowed to the realm during the first months, and the Ahn'Qiraj gates are closed.

The realm will open this afternoon / evening, after 17:00 Paris time (CEST).

Please note that the starting areas may be quite flooded in the beginning, and the population cap is intentionally set a bit lower than normal to not have them even more flooded. The cap will be raised over the coming days as the population spreads out more.
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP in Wrath of the Lich King
    We've also said that we are adding in more outdoor PvP objectives in Wrath of the Lich King as well as a new Battleground, a new Arena, and an entire zone (non-instanced) just built for PvP. I would like to think that those helping test all of these are going to give them thorough run throughs and submit some feedback on how to make these all the best they can be. We want to both encourage PvP and simultaneously allow for people to make choices on how and when they engage in PvP. For PvE realms, the availability and choices of when to PvP or not, is easy to figure out. On PvP realms, the chances of engaging in combat anywhere at anytime are still there. The choice to do so still comes down to players. If you feel that flying mounts cause issues when it comes to PvP, then perhaps you're one of the ones happy about the fact that flying mounts aren't going to be readily available for use in Northrend from the start. (At least that is the plan at this point in time.) (Source)

Flying mounts in WotLK
    Well there's definitely no current plan to make people pay huge amounts to fly again in Northrend; opening the skies of Northrend to flight won't be the next big money sink. As you've mentioned, at the Worldwide Invitational it was stated that we'll be able to fly our current mounts -- and I assume, Druid flight form -- at level 77. Regarding the "defrosting" that was referred to at the developer panel, it was pretty clear from the way it was mentioned that it was a relatively off-the-cuff remark, intended only as an example of one possibility to achieve this. (Source)

Worldwide Invitational Tournament Replays
    [blizzquote="Blizzard;http://www.wow-europe.com]If you missed any of the tournaments at the 2008 Worldwide Invitational now is your chance to get a piece of the action. The [url=http://eu.blizzard.com/wwi08/tournaments.xml?locale=en_GB][b][color=orange]Tournaments page[/color][/b][/url] of the official Worldwide Invitational site now features a “playback” option which will allow you to watch the match of your choice. Just click on the green ‘play’ arrow to witness the devastation and destruction wrought by the world’s best StarCraft, Warcraft III and World of Warcraft Arena players. Enjoy the carnage! [/blizzquote"]

The Hunt for Illidan Begins
    [blizzquote="Blizzard;http://www.worldofwarcraft.com]Are you ready to embark on the final battle for the fate of Outland? The World of Warcraft Trading Card Game’s sixth full set, The Hunt for Illidan, caps off the game’s second year with exciting new game mechanics and new Loot cards. The Hunt for Illidan introduces six new demon heroes who grant players brave enough to use them powerful new deckbuilding possibilities. Exciting new Loot cards let players walk in the Path of Illidan, throw a party with their own D.I.S.C.O. Machine, and engage the services of an Ethereal Soul Trader who gives access to ten unique cosmetic items in exchange for harvested souls. The Hunt for Illidan is in stores now, so hit up your local games retailer or head over to [url=http://www.wowtcg.com/][b][color=orange]WoWTCG.com[/color][/b][/url] for more information. [/blizzquote"]
    More information about The Hunt for Illidan loot in the following posts

Oceanic Realms Forum is Live
    [blizzquote="Blizzard;http://www.worldofwarcraft.com]We've just launched a [url=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=8692684][b][color=orange]new forum[/color][/b][/url] to provide a friendly and focused environment for Oceanic players to discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with one another.[/blizzquote"]

Re: New EU Realm, Blue post, WWI Replays, TCG

new realm: afaik thats the first time for a long time that some1 could manage to get the legendary AQ mount.

either by leveling with 40 friends to 60 and doing the complete quest or by transfering as soon as possible with the quests done and ready to talk to the questgiver for the final step.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuero
    ... or by transfering as soon as possible with the quests done and ready to talk to the questgiver for the final step.
    Migration: No

Is there anyway to see what classes they are playing before you play the video in the arena play back thing?
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler
    i doubt that anyone will be arsed to get it the normal way. So yeah it is a possibility to get it...

If you feel that flying mounts cause issues when it comes to PvP, then perhaps you're one of the ones happy about the fact that flying mounts aren't going to be readily available for use in Northrend from the start.
    rofl
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler
    "as soon as possible"

Well I want to see how many try to go to get the mount only to find that someone beat them to it and know they are stuck there. Wont the server have to do the other part too and i think its 180 days before a player can go to the server or that what the Q&A says.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

I'm going for the mount with some friends

Scarab Lord accounts sell for BIG BUCKS

bliz sux Battlegroup: Ruin, seems they wont fix this battlegroup at all

we need a BE paladin that is scarab lord (there is a draenei shammy that is scarab lord)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Vaughn
    rofl
    Worst part is most people feel that flying mounts affect world pvp so much is because not everyone has them, so a lvl 70 char can move around with +360% speed and as a low lvl you just can't ever get away.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Venge
    I'm going for the mount with some friends

Scarab Lord accounts sell for BIG BUCKS
    The time invested would prolly be less €/$ per hour than working at the mcdonalds, on top of that; its a PVE realm. meaning the group of people interested to buy that char has dropped significantly. But hey man, have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Sil
    The time invested would prolly be less €/$ per hour than working at the mcdonalds, on top of that; its a PVE realm. meaning the group of people interested to buy that char has dropped significantly. But hey man, have fun
    I have no idea why people imagine that PvP servers are more popular. Did you never wonder why all low pop servers are PvP servers, and why the only new servers opened in over a year in either the US or EU are PvE servers? And that all PvE servers are High Pop or Locked?

Quote Originally Posted by rothomp3
    I have no idea why people imagine that PvP servers are more popular. Did you never wonder why all low pop servers are PvP servers, and why the only new servers opened in over a year in either the US or EU are PvE servers? And that all PvE servers are High Pop or Locked?
    There are more pvp servers than pve (afaik), and on those servers people can transfer a char any place they want to. Like it or not its a fact than u cant transfer the char u bought on a pve realm to a pvp realm where u want to play with your friends/family. Where-as a pvp-server located char u can transfer to both pvp and pve. Im not saying its less popular but u cant deny you would loose a group of potential buyers

Improved Stormstrike Rank 2
    Increases the amount of Stormstrike charges by 2, and reduces the cooldown by 2000 sec.

Thats a big decrease in cooldown.
    Deja Moo - The feeling you've heard this bullshit before.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then its fun and games but you can't see.

Blizzard: "Well, PvP will be fun for 7 levels! Guys?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sil
    There are more pvp servers than pve (afaik), and on those servers people can transfer a char any place they want to. Like it or not its a fact than u cant transfer the char u bought on a pve realm to a pvp realm where u want to play with your friends/family. Where-as a pvp-server located char u can transfer to both pvp and pve. Im not saying its less popular but u cant deny you would loose a group of potential buyers
    Not to be argumentative, but that is a common misconception. There are 119 PvE or RP servers, compared to 109 PvP or RP-PvP servers. And the PvE ones are much higher population on average.

So yes, you would lose a group of potential buyers (not to endorse account selling, which I despise), but it would be a relatively small group.

i thought it was gonna be a new realm? i just went on it and theres more then 49 70s and ppl saying its been around for awhile