Pitbull causing PC lockups.

My PC has been locking up alot recently. I have narrowed it down to it being due to Pitbull. I know I could stop using it, but it's all I have ever used. I updated all my drivers. My PC is good, 2 gig of ram 2.8gig dual core 2, and an 8800GT. Anyone have some solution to my problem? Thanks in advance.

Re: Pitbull causing PC lockups.

try running the repair program in the wow folder...could be something with an lua

i had a problem with my old pc...the computer would just turn off only when playing wow...found out there was a broken capacitor on my video card

or you could always try xperl?

Yeah, I have ran many repairs. As for my video card, it has only been installed for 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy5
    Yeah, I have ran many repairs. As for my video card, it has only been installed for 4 months.
    yeah....mine was like that out of the box

possibly corrupted pitbull files?
    did you delete pitbull and reinstall? try using wowmatrix for removal and reinstallation

Deleted

You could also try renaming the WTF folder to WTF- and try then, this will reset the pitbull settings to default and you'll know whether or not you have to delete and re-do the pitbull configuration.

It is _highly_ unlikely for an addon to make your PC kill itself. Especially an addon like Pitbull, which is used by a _lot_ of players.

It is very easy to write an addon to kill WoW (using an infinite loop), but your PC would still be doing fine.

Certainly, it even less likely that an addon causes your videocard to fail. Either your videocard is broken, or something else is wrong.

If your Pitbull-files would be corrupted, WoW wouldn't even load them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthicEU
    It is _highly_ unlikely for an addon to make your PC kill itself. Especially an addon like Pitbull, which is used by a _lot_ of players.

It is very easy to write an addon to kill WoW (using an infinite loop), but your PC would still be doing fine.

Certainly, it even less likely that an addon causes your videocard to fail. Either your videocard is broken, or something else is wrong.

If your Pitbull-files would be corrupted, WoW wouldn't even load them at all.
    it is possible for *any* program in a windows environment to cause a catastrophic system failure and shut down...wow files get corrupted and addon files get corrupted....wow is the only program to ever give me a blue screen in vista so far

to the OP maybe a virus?

I have no virus. I have even reformatted in an attempted to resolve this.

I have no virus. I have even reformatted in an attempted to resolve this.
    then the problem isn't wow or any of the addons...it's def a hardware issue...insufficient cooling of the processor can cause system lock ups

what brand ram are you using...voltage setting may also be incorrect

how old is the motherboard and is it a major brand or a house brand

What do you exactly mean with lockups?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1408
    What do you exactly mean with lockups?
    Lockup as in, I have to hard reboot my PC.

Deleted

Lockup as in, I have to hard reboot my PC.
    Oh that locked-up.
    In that case I'd run a memtest, http://www.memtest.org/

There is an issue with recent versions of Pitbull, I noticed that I would drop to rougly 1/4 my normal fps while Pitbull was running, im pretty sure I narrowed it down to the threat module, but im not 100% certain.