Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Wrath of the Lich King - NDA Lift

I havent found anywhere how much +healing or +spell damage is 1 spell power. Anyone know? could compare items a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti
    I'm more than a little disgusted that a L75 blue from a 5 man has better pure DPS than some Sunwell gear.

I mean, I understand (and am fine with) gear being replaced, but replacing the best gear in the game with something out of a dungeon only 5 levels in? Feels a lot more extreme than TBC ever was.
    STOP FUCKING COMPLAINING.

Get over yourself and your "best in the game" items.

Quote Originally Posted by Venge
    STOP FUCKING COMPLAINING.

Get over yourself and your "best in the game" items.
    Umm, what?

It's not like a big deal, I'll just get the new best items once I hit 80, but it's a big change from TBC and I doubt I'm alone in this. It's one thing to replace T4 with blues... or to replace T6.5 with a 78 BoE epic that is a world drop, but to replace it from blues a day into the expansion? Just seems a little weird.

I always thought the "gear boost" from levels in the expansions was supposed to help the people who were undergeared get to an acceptable level, not to immediately obsolete the best gear in the game. Look at TBC, people weren't replacing Naxx loot until 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Lum
    I havent found anywhere how much +healing or +spell damage is 1 spell power. Anyone know? could compare items a bit.
    1spell power = 1 damage in the current system, we have to wait to see the healing numbers.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyDran
    DEATH KNIGHT INTRO SPEECH

A Hero, that's what you once were. You stood boldly against the shadow, and purchased another dawn for the world - with your life. But the evil you fought is not so easily banished - the victory you claimed, not so easily held. For now the Specter of Death looms above the world yet again, and it has found new Champions to bring about its final reign. Knights of Darkness, wielding Runes of Death and destruction, bound by the will of the Lich King. This is the hour of their ascension, this is the hour of your dark rebirth.

-Typed by myself - Video on WCM - Proper Translation

http://www.vimeo.com/1362746

"I am The Dreadmist Man of Blizzcon, the voice of Deathwing and lead MMO Editor at www.blisteredthumbs.net. My ambitions are infinite, and so is my power. Cower mortals, for I am Oda Nobunaga, the Demon King come'th of the Sixth Heaven! I am both Man and Legend, and I can not be stopped!"

Heh, casual glaives. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti
    Look at TBC, people weren't replacing Naxx loot until 80.
    Yes, people did keep Naxx loot till 70, usually for set bonuses and the like, but it still didn't stop people (like you) whining like little girls the moment TBC gear from Alpha started showing up in screenshots (AMGBLIZZYOUSUXXORMYLIFEISRUINED posts on every friggin' forum out there). Equally, I'm sure your shiny little SWP gear will last you fine until 80 or thereabouts, so no need to feel "disgusted", yes? If the gear change does disgust you I would advise you to not buy WOTLK since, surprise surprise, the process will repeat itself in a year or two when the Maelstrom xpac comes out. Deal with it...

Quote Originally Posted by gilfanon
    Yes, people did keep Naxx loot till 70, usually for set bonuses and the like, but it still didn't stop people (like you) whining like little girls the moment TBC gear from Alpha started showing up in screenshots (AMGBLIZZYOUSUXXORMYLIFEISRUINED posts on every friggin' forum out there). Equally, I'm sure your shiny little SWP gear will last you fine until 80 or thereabouts, so no need to feel "disgusted", yes? If the gear change does disgust you I would advise you to not buy WOTLK since, surprise surprise, the process will repeat itself in a year or two when the Maelstrom xpac comes out. Deal with it...
    I'm not whining like a little girl, if anything you seem more upset than me. My life isn't over, because in the end it means very little, the first month of being 80 I'll have the new epics, anyway.

The progression of gear just seemed a little more extreme than I was expecting.

Chill, dude.

What does is matter? replacing gear @ lvl 71 or lvl 80? You will lose your 70 epix after all...

just think: this is a new game, new items, every1 is starting over again.

Deleted

do you REALLY not understand, or are you just trying to be cool? "lol i'm ABOVE itemization. Over it. Beyond it. i am the skillz0rz" or what? honestly??(i even made two question marks instead of one, see?)

it's
    -because people worked hard for their items(in some case, in most cases i guess, harder than "i did this entry q you know?")
    -because they LIKE them
    (->most of 'em will most probably look much cooler than stuff you get 'till 80)
    - because they played with them, and each of them holds memories on how they achieved them
    (->more important memories than "yeah, well i did this 72 q in whatever)

and that's just the stuff i came up with without thinking

edit: i don't say it's a bad thing and i'm not crying my eyes out like a little sissy; it's just that this ignorance is getting on my nerves.
    and yeah, ofcourse this happens, this is what has happened the last expansion, and what was made clear from blizz since the beginning.
    another thing that came to my mind was the fact that people would actually want to try out the stuff they earned against stronger mobs, out of raid-instances or something

i'd like to see the other achievement things like pvp and world events and especially feats of strength

is there a way you could get those pictures like you did it with wotlk boss achievements?

this thing called runeforging, I hope it won't be part of the 2 professions you are allowed to pick with one character =/ I had other plans for my deathknight.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Ebon Hold looks CYOOOOL Can't wait to roll a death knight.

Quote Originally Posted by velourea
    this thing called runeforging, I hope it won't be part of the 2 professions you are allowed to pick with one character =/ I had other plans for my deathknight.
    think poison/lockpicking
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

With all this excitement, can you please buy a freaking slideshow to present the graphics, I'm tired of closing a window/tab after clicking on all these imgs. I have been for over a year...

<3

Lets get this train moving!

Sorry if I missed it but it says the talent calculator is updated for paladin also but I don't see the talents in there, any update on this?

old loading screens are better than thoose :-(