Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Khody

The official Paladin talent discussion.

What do you guys make of the new talents.

It seems for holy we're getting a hot with a 2300 mana cost, 1.5 second cast, and heals eveyone within ten yards for 2000 over 15 seconds.

They're also putting more emphasis on how important our cleanses are.

Blessing of salavation has been converted to one of the "hand" spells and seems like a major nerf from it's old form.

Retribution is actually going to be using retribution aura now because it's replacing sancity aura. It now scales with spell damage. Seems like by paladin lightning shield.

Prot now has it's own thunderclap type thing based off judgements.

I also saw something about a seal of corruption. No idea bout that for now.

Holy shock is a 6 second CD and is now a 20 yard damage spell and 40 yard heal.

Interesting.

Re: The official Paladin talent discussion.

comparison

Flourish B(e)acon of Light
    Manacost: 1125 ( without treeform) 2330
    Range: 15 yards 10 yards
    total Heal: 4410 2000
    Duration: 7 sec 15 sec
    casttime: instant 1.5 sec
    limit of Targets: 5 no limit

Does the targetlimit really justify all the cons ?

(p.s. i play a druid, so this is no whinepost or whatever
    p.p.s. english isn't my native language )

Quote Originally Posted by bigbender

Does the targetlimit really justify all the cons ?
    If there are more than 5 targets, of course...duh.

Khody

I just see the two talents as catering to different needs. Druids have been strong raid healera for a while.

Paladins have never had the capability to do so.

Plus, since when is another HoT a bar thing :P

Now, I'm a druid but that doesn't mean I don't look in to these things.

Anyways, this "hand" stuff is pretty stupid IMO. I don't like the Blessing of Salvation convert AT ALL. That makes the spell next to useless, and I'll be pretty angry if it goes through. I'll really start to hate tanking fights in Wrath like Brutallus (all out DPS), if there are any that can compare.

Oh, and to that Flourish v Beacon of Light post:
    More than 5 targets is amazing in my opinion, and it scales with Flourish well, if not scales better.
    Iyos (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Iyos) - 70 NE Druid (Feral)

Quote Originally Posted by Iyos

Anyways, this "hand" stuff is pretty stupid IMO. I don't like the Blessing of Salvation convert AT ALL. That makes the spell next to useless, and I'll be pretty angry if it goes through. I'll really start to hate tanking fights in Wrath like Brutallus (all out DPS), if there are any that can compare.

More than 5 targets is amazing in my opinion, and it scales with Flourish well, if not scales better.
    I'd say the mana cost needs to be scaled back; I'm certain no Pallies would complain about it being instant either but... it doesn't seem like Pallies will ever be instant healers. Blizzard doesn't seem to want Pallies that way. Which is a bit sad, since this means that they will never be competitive healers in PvP scenarios.

Khody

One of the main things that have me nervous is the 1800 mana cost of holy light :/

Quote Originally Posted by esserius
    I'd say the mana cost needs to be scaled back; I'm certain no Pallies would complain about it being instant either but... it doesn't seem like Pallies will ever be instant healers. Blizzard doesn't seem to want Pallies that way. Which is a bit sad, since this means that they will never be competitive healers in PvP scenarios.
    What have you been reading ?

Holy shock is a viable heal spell now and with the new talent you can cast a 0.5 second holy light. Thats pretty instant i think.

Well he obviously has no clue about paladin pvp if he thinks they cant be competetive in arena /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by ActualFantasy
    What have you been reading ?

Holy shock is a viable heal spell now and with the new talent you can cast a 0.5 second holy light. Thats pretty instant i think.
    I'm aware of Holy Shock, and that's really nice. I just wonder if it's enough. Sorry, but my Paladin days have been very cynical. I mean, I've literally had people walk up to me and ask me why I haven't re-rolled yet. Anyway, I agree that the biggest change is the Holy Shock change.

I'm aware of Holy Shock, and that's really nice. I just wonder if it's enough. Sorry, but my Paladin days have been very cynical. I mean, I've literally had people walk up to me and ask me why I haven't re-rolled yet. Anyway, I agree that the biggest change is the Holy Shock change.
    Maybe they are not making that comment because of the class you rolled.....but how you play it.

Khody

While the holy shock change is very beneficial, I'd say the raid wide HoT is the biggest and most welcome change depending on how good it ends up being.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyos

Maybe you should read about the warrior changes, for example Defensive Stance now increases threat by 45%. Or the Shaman changes: "Tranquil Air Totem has been removed. (Threat is being addressed by modifications to the base threat of players and/or "baked" into tanking abilities.) "
    Threat wont be a bigger problem then it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    While the holy shock change is very beneficial, I'd say the raid wide HoT is the biggest and most welcome change depending on how good it ends up being.
    Imagine 5 pallas spamming the aoe heal in lake wintergrasp

My opinion

LOLRET

is still true

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by Venge
    Imagine 5 pallas spamming the aoe heal in lake wintergrasp
    The problem with that is it's being reported as only having a 10 yard range.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    My opinion

LOLRET

is still true
    Yeah; the talent tree that was posted, did they remove Sanctity Aura? Or was it moved from the Retribution tree to somewhere else?

Khody

Yeah; the talent tree that was posted, did they remove Sanctity Aura? Or was it moved from the Retribution tree to somewhere else?
    Did you not read my OP? -_-

Would be alright in a confined space, which there are alot of in LW what with all the buildings etc

Imagine 20 warriors raging a building with 5 palas aoe healing all of them.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    Did you not read my OP? -_-
    It's after 5AM for me too. Hard to keep my eyes open.